Skip to content

Aielund Saga Enhanced Edition

Comments

• BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    Nharwell said:

So my impression is that Beamdog updates have made things worse, not better, for Intel processor computers.

They also screwed up the sound.

I'm just playing (and recording) the Saga in Diamond Edition right now.
    BelgarathMTH
  • NharwellNharwell Member Posts: 10
    addendum: I just tried dismissing all my companions temporarily and was able to enter without Culdeny without crashing. Further testing is required before i can tell if that was just a fluke.
  • Savant1974Savant1974 Member Posts: 303
    Yeah that intel cpu issue is nasty, I hope they can fix it eventually.

Not sure what happened with Lilura and BD but I'm not going to get into it, it's between them.

Oh I just put an updated version of the saga on the Vault, fixed a few issues with most of the mods, also removed the hak versions of Zwerk's tilesets and my skies (both work better as overrides). I can't figure out how to update the steam version though so that's not getting fixed until someone can explain the Workshop's arcane system to me :wink:
    Andarian
  • NharwellNharwell Member Posts: 10
    Where do you find the override versions of those tilesets? I can't find them on the vault...
  • ArcanolathArcanolath Member Posts: 5
    Hello, slight problem ive been having in act 2 quest: defender of the crown, (spoilers ahead)

ive slain the entirety of the assassin's guild and talked to deckard about infiltrating the manor, however my quest log hasnt updated and i cant talk to deckard about anything, talk to the head of the thieves guild about anything, (he simply says "good luck with the assassins, your going to need it", and trying to enter the masion merely makes my followrs stare stupidly at the door saying "no, cant do that". anyone have any way to force the next part of the quest to start?
    If you killed Holister without talking to him, there's a piece of evidence on his body you'll need.
  • fisab68fisab68 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2018
    Sorry for the rookie question, but with version 3.12 do I now need to move the RealSkies.hak from the hak folder to the override folder to get them to work? The skies look the same either way at the start of the game in Bracksford. (Diamond edition)
    Yes open up the real skies hak and dump the contents into your nwn/override folder :smile:
  • fisab68fisab68 Member Posts: 12
    Super, thanks. Cant wait to play this.
    Savant1974

If you killed Holister without talking to him, there's a piece of evidence on his body you'll need.

ive already given the evidence to deckard and he told me to infiltrate the manor, and my quest log hasnt updated
    Savant1974
    So it didn't update right after speaking with Deckard? Did you go to the Duke to get the manor key?
    where's the duke?
    Oops, never mind I got ahead of myself :smile:

Okay, the journal definitely does not update properly at that section of the dialogue (fixing now). You should still be able to get into the house for more info. Just break in, unlock or bash the door.
    Arcanolath
    my weapons dont work and the kill command wont destroy the door :neutral:
    Well, it's not a 'plot' door, it's hardness is only 5 so it shouldn't be too hard to get through. Are you certain you have the right house?
    Arcanolath
    edited April 2018
    welp thats my bad, i was attacking the upper right manor thinking it was where i needed to go... >.>
    anyway i just entered the barlett mansion and have the evidence in hand. ill post if i run into any new problems! thank you!

oh and my journal updated the moment i grabbed it!
    Savant1974
    lol excellent, at least we fixed that journal bug!
  • AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    edited April 2018
    Currently replaying using NWN:EE and the version of Aielund that was up about a week ago...

Just got to the lowmarches and it looks like there is a tileset bug... A lot of the tiles are black in game and on the minimap.

Is there any way for me to fix this and keep playing my save or is it broken forever?

Screenshot for reference
    https://ibb.co/kC917H
    Something's seriously wrong there. I will look into it!
    I suspect removing Zwerkule's overrides has left some tiles missing. Yeah this is pretty bad, wasn't expecting this. Um... I have to remake the areas and migrate content over, I don't think they can be fixed in-game, sorry. Well, there's a very slim chance that applying Zwerkule's facelift overrides might replace the missing tiles, but it's a long-shot.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited April 2018
    Yeah if you used it to refresh your areas and now removed it players will crash with index out of bounds errors too until you go back into those areas and make sure each tile is using default bioware tile. Why would you update all your modules with a hak and then decide to remove it? The facelift haks add new tiles to default tilesets so if you rebuilt areas with them to spruce them up now remove it well players will still need them as overrides just to stop crashing. Even though an override is up to the player you are still forcing them to need it so may as well just kept the haks part of the module requirements and be done with it.

Unless you know each area you modified when the tilesets were part of your hak association and can change them back to default bioware ones, you might be walking into a world of hurt and player crash reports.
    It's supposed to just override the basic tiles, not add new ones. I removed it to bring it into line with the steam version, which has the facelift haks as override files instead of haks. Turns out there are indeed extra tiles that have gone into it. Going to revert this section to the underdark tileset.
    edited April 2018
    Yeah I just checked and the facelift haks have this in the description "b) If you use them to build areas, you'll have to add the haks to your module or tell the players to download this override patch. Some of the tilesets have extra tiles, so areas build with them will not work without them." If you want them to just be optional downloads for your module, rename your nwnpatch.ini file so they
    won't get used when you build areas.
    (emphasis mine.)
    Savant1974
    edited April 2018
    Yep, missed that bit! I redid the Lowmarch section from scratch using the facelift version, and it's the only part affected by this issue. No matter, Nearly done reverting the areas and I'll upload the fix asap.
    Okay, revised version of act 4 pt2 is online, you'll have to start it again unfortunately. Many apologies for this oversight :smile:
  • AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    I was able to complete the area although it was very strange as i could walk over the blank tiles but i could not attack on them.

Great work by the way i remembered liking Aieulund all those years ago and im having a great time again with my Ranger/Rogue build.

Ill be sure to download the new version thanks for the fast fix.

Savant1974
    Glad it didn't totally break your game!
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    I have dowloaded it to try first chapter, but it tells me that "couldnt load the module" "missing required talk table"

??? Trying to play with NWN EE version
    The Aielund Saga makes use of CEP. You will need that and its tlk table file.
    Savant1974Notabarbiegirl