Skip to content

Old NWN fan excited to see an old classic revived!

Hello, I'm an old NWN fan and decided to join the Beamdog forums since the Steam forums are rather toxic. It is really great to see NWN being brought back into development and available on Steam! For a more casual gamer like myself, Steam Workshop integration and not having to tinker with files just to get multi-player working goes a long way. The only reason I even use GOG now is for NWN 2's warlock class, but perhaps in time that will make it to NWN:EE one way or another. I always favored the limitless casting and hack&slash feel of that class.

Being a software engineer myself (20 years), I realize Beamdog has their work cut out for them, and it will take time to make additional enhancements without breaking compatibility. Nonetheless, it looks like there are some really great ideas in the works. Looking at some of the Trello cards, I can only imagine how much the game will evolve a year from now, most exciting! I tend to favor magic users (sorcerer in particular), so it will be nice to see how they evolve and gain more flexibility. Ideas like listing spells alphabetically are simple, yet very useful (one I voted for).

I go by Telarius on Steam, so feel free to seek me out if you are looking for a friend to play NWN:EE or other games with on a casual basis. Being I'm 44 and am a caretaker for my elderly father, gaming is a nice way for me to relax for a bit. I enjoy multi-player, but loathe the foul-mouthed players that find it necessary to throw fits over what should be considered recreation. If you feel the same, I look forward to meeting you for a game sometime.
ronaldoAtrophiedericRavenslightPhantomizerStummvonBordwehrvoidofopinionJuliusBorisov

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Welcome!
    AtrophiedericRavenslightmlnevesevoidofopinion
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    Greetings, friend @Telarius ! It surely is a wonderful time to be a fan of NwN, is it not?
    Ravenslightmlnevesevoidofopinion
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Welcome to the forums! :)
    mlneveseAtrophiedericvoidofopinion
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Welcome to the forum and have fun!
    Atrophiedericvoidofopinion
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 424
    Hail and well met!
  • PhantomizerPhantomizer Member Posts: 76
    Welcome to the forums, these are a much better place than Steam, while I love the platform, the community.....not so much.
  • TelariusTelarius Member Posts: 8
    I'm with you there @Phantomizer! Steam is a great platform, Workshop integration makes things so much easier with any type of mod, it fits NWN well. I concur about the Steam community, it tends to be so toxic and pedantic. After looking at these forums, I quickly determined it was a far better more suitable community. Here, there are actual discussions, not merely arguments, trolling, and flame wars, as one so often sees on Steam forums.

@Atrophiederic, indeed it is a great time to be a fan of NWN! When I heard about Beamdog bringing it back into active development, I was thrilled. I already have over 70 hours of game play, but laughably I spend most of my time tweaking characters (usually sorcerer hybrids). Nevertheless, with the "custom classes" card on the Trello boards, perhaps the good old warlock class from NWN 2 (or NWN's PRC) will return in some way or another. Either way, I'm in no rush, there's already so much to enjoy. Just being able to get everything up and running without modification was a boon in itself.
    StummvonBordwehrAtrophiedericvoidofopinion
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay, your welcoming cookie should arrive shortly. @Nimran
    [Deleted User]
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    So many :cookie:s!
    Torgrimmer
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    Welcome! I hope to meet you on our server one day (you sound like a fun player).