Skip to content

May 04 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Greetings!

Enjoy the recap of today's stream.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/05/may-04-livestream-recap.html
ThacoBellAedanAtrophiederic[Deleted User]superfly2000AerakarMirandelOrlonKronsteen

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited May 2018
    @ThacoBell
    You will never give up, don't you? :)
    Post edited by Aedan on
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBelltbone1
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Aedan he did promise that he will never give up, did he? :)
    AedanThacoBell
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    @ThacoBell You're doing gods work, Thacobell.
    ThacoBellOrlonKronsteen
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844

We want M'Khiin and Glint in BG2! :v

Hear, hear! M'khiin first and foremost.
    [Deleted User]OrlonKronsteenDev6
  • Sir_GarrickSir_Garrick Member Posts: 32
    ThacoBell said:

Unless Beamdog releases a legally binding statement that they will NEVER fix their own plot hole, there is always hope.

I will actually be really annoyed if they never revisit their old plot hole. I seem to remember that Beamdog made a comment about curating the old IE games and how they wanted to leave them in really good condition. Let's hope that's true. Fixing bugs is a noble goal, but equally important is finishing the story they, themselves, created.
    MiraStastnySssiksseilorOrlonKronsteenThacoBell
  • xizorxizor Member Posts: 89
    Why does everyone call it a plot hole? It doesn't create any incostistencies. But I agree that it should get some resolution in BGII (even though I'm usually against adding a new content).
    gugulug5000
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    edited May 2018
    xizor said:

Why does everyone call it a plot hole? It doesn't create any incostistencies. But I agree that it should get some resolution in BGII (even though I'm usually against adding a new content).

Plot holes or unpurposely unversolved storylines... It doesn't really matter how you call them, they shouldn't exist in the first place. Much less in interquel created as a bridge that should have seamlessly tied BG1 and BG2.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    SoD works really well. I dont see the big plothole.

But I would like added content from BD so much, that I am willing to see the plothole if it means added content... and yes I am lawyer
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    I consider it too a plot hole, nothing to die for but for sure something very interesting to complete. I've never seen the point to introduce something so interesting and then simply ignore it
    ThacoBellgugulug5000
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    SoD is NOT an plot hole. An unresolved plot line does not automatically equal a plot hole. A plot hole is something that contradicts previously established rules.

I just want to correct a misuse of terms, but I actually don’t care if Soultaker gets expanded or not because I don’t think there was meant to be an unresolved plot line at all. I think the writers just wanted an excuse for why Skie couldn’t just be resurrected so they added the Soultaker as a plot point. If they wrote that her soul was obliterated from existence instead it wouldn’t change anything about the plot at all and there would have been nothing to build upon.

I do think the writers made a mistake here but this is why I don’t expect a continuation at all. This is just my two cents though.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2018
    I'm not sure whether I should quote Spacequest or Rick...

It would be nice if there are more carry overs from bg to SoD and SoD to SoA, but equally, SoA does not carry over much into ToB so I'm not sure.
    Post edited by lroumen on
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Apply for your dream job and start working on beloved D&D games. We’re looking for designers, producers, programmers, and more. People who are interested developing the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PS4

No NWN for IOS or Android ....

^^ Mobile Device Beamdog customer .... quite concerned .....
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    lroumen said:

I'm not sure whether I should quote Spacequest or Rick...

It would be nice if there are more carry overs from bg to SoD and SoD to SoA, but equally, SoA does not carry over much into ToB so I'm not sure.

I'm not sure they're equally comparable though. I mean you're fighting against major crusade in SoD, yet everyone in Amn is totally oblivious to everything that happened in SoD.

And it's not like Amn doesn't care about what's happening up in the north, they were preparing for potential war with Baldur's Gate in BG1 and they sent a small army to Nashkel.

ToB is more of a BG3. It wraps everything up pretty well, while paying homages to BG1 and BG2 along the way.
    batoor
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    ThacoBell said:

When will the Soultaker patch super awesome expansion for BG2 EE be announced?

Fixed. ;)
    ThacoBell
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    BG2EE: Soultaker Patch Edition :)
    ThacoBelltbone1batoor
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    I think there's enough interest in the community for a bg2ee dlc that deals with sod loose ends and makes at least corwin availble

also beamdog should slowly start thinking about making bg1ee+sod and bg2ee one product (like eet). it's the future.
    StummvonBordwehrbatoorhackinslash
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I think the Soultaker Dagger was stolen by a gamer, used on an EA executive, and because there was no soul to take it disappeared into an alternate universe
    gugulug5000ArunsunRVNS
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    The Soultaker dagger was shipped in SoA collectors editions. I think Beamdog made a retcon for it ;)

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63200/collectors-edition-of-baldurs-gate-2-with-wooden-box-and-dagger