New versions of NearInfinity available

Comments

• NearInfiniteNooberNearInfiniteNoober Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2018
    (Deleted)
  • leekunleekun Member Posts: 12
    Hello, I've got some questions.
    1. Can this tool export bam as gif?
    2. Is it possible to add a new option that can quickly find the highest value of animation's center offset (x, y) for each creature's directions?

I'd like to extract all creatures animation as gif to use in another game.

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my English.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    1) Yes, it is possible with the BAM Converter (see Tools > Convert > BAM Converter, or use "Edit BAM" button on BAM viewer). Under Post-processing choose output filter "GIF output". The filter requires all frames to be of identical size. To ensure this you can also add the transform filter "Center BAM frames".

2) I don't think so. Something like this can be coded with the WeiDU script language, but it requires some knowledge of the BAM file format and WeiDU script.
    islandking
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Will multiple voice-overs restored in the next beta require to update Nearinfinity to be played? @argent77
    I can't say. It depends on how this feature will be realized by Beamdog.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    argent77 said:

1) Yes, it is possible with the BAM Converter (see Tools > Convert > BAM Converter, or use "Edit BAM" button on BAM viewer). Under Post-processing choose output filter "GIF output". The filter requires all frames to be of identical size. To ensure this you can also add the transform filter "Center BAM frames".

Great! I wish I could know this earlier B)
    argent77 said:

How does it work for IWD which has got different VO?

rede9 said:

argent77 said:

How does it work for IWD which has got different VO?
    You can select game language via menu Options > TLK Language (EE only). "Autodetect" will choose the language defined in baldur.lua or fall back to English, otherwise. Language-specific voice-overs should be detected automatically if they exist.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Suppose I edit the speed factor of a certain weapon -> Could you add the possibility to automatically update the description of this weapon (without me editing the dialog file)?
    Luke93 said:

Suppose I edit the speed factor of a certain weapon -> Could you add the possibility to automatically update the description of this weapon (without me editing the dialog file)?

That wouldn't be feasible. Item descriptions differ from game to game and from language to language (and modded items may use different text styles as well). You are better off by writing a WeiDU script that deals specifically with your use case. I think BG2 Tweaks (or Fixpack?) includes code to update existing item descriptions (e.g. the Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies component). You could get an idea how it works from there.
    edited March 2018
    I have a couple of questions about attributes.
    • What does Power mean?
    • What does Unused mean? For example, opcode 74 (Blindness) has 2 "Unused" right after "Power" (default value: 0) and a third "Unused" right after "Probability 2" (default value: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 h)
    Luke93 said:

I have a couple of questions about attributes.

• What does Power mean?
    • What does Unused mean? For example, opcode 74 (Blindness) has 2 "Unused" right after "Power" (default value: 0) and a third "Unused" right after "Probability 2" (default value: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 h)
    'Power' indicates the spell level of the effect, which is relevant for a couple of effects, such as dispel magic.

NI sets name and type of 'Parameter1', 'Parameter2' and 'Resource' (and sometimes for a couple more fields) dynamically, based on selected opcode. In the case of opcode 74 (Blindness), Parameter1, Parameter2 and Resource are not used and therefore set to 'Unused'. You can always right-click on a field and change it to another type.
    argent77 said:

NI sets name and type of 'Parameter1', 'Parameter2' and 'Resource' (and sometimes for a couple more fields) dynamically, based on selected opcode. In the case of opcode 74 (Blindness), Parameter1, Parameter2 and Resource are not used and therefore set to 'Unused'. You can always right-click on a field and change it to another type.

If these attributes are not used, why sometimes the corresponding value is not 'zero'? For example, consider SHLD08.ITM -> there are 3 opcodes 0 (AC bonus) with 'Unused': 00 00 00 a4 14 24 00 04 h. Is there a particular reason for that?
    That's a common occurrence. They are probably just leftovers from development. It doesn't make a difference for the game whether these fields contain zero or non-zero values. This is especially true for resource or text fields where all characters after a null (\0) character are always ignored.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    From the 2.5.x beta:

SPLPROT.2DA - "0" is the stat entry for "Current HP", as in:
    ROW 0 15 1
    checks if Current HP = 15.

Opcodes 200, 201, 223, 226, 227, 228, and 259:
    Need a resource menu for spells. When they self-terminate, this spell resource is applied to the creature.
    Thank you. Will be added.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Two more:

Opcode 145 (Disable Spellcasting), Parameter2 = 3
    • Disables all spells (wizard/priest/innate) that lack BIT14 (Ignore dead/wild magic).
    • Hides these spells from their respective submenus (Cast Spell / Special Abilities).
    • Does not clear (or dim) them in Quick-cast slots, though they still cannot be cast.
    Now used by Tenser's Transformation in place of "Disable Spellcasting: Innate(2)", disabling only "spells", while leaving non-magical innates usable. The spell still disables all wizard and priest spells with Parameter2=0/1 effects, in case any of them have BIT14.

Spell Flag: BIT9
    Spell breaks Sanctuary on the user when cast. Does not by itself cause the spell to break invisibility(self) or charm(target). All spells must now have either this new flag or BIT10 set in order to break Sanctuary.

The "Hostile" flag (BIT10) is unchanged, it still breaks Sanctuary(self), Invisibility(self), and Charm(target).

Spells that deal damage without either flag will now only break Invisibility(self) and Charm(target), but not Sanctuary(self).
    argent77islandking
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    I've noticed a small regression with the area viewer. In past versions, if you used zoom map: auto-fit selection, it would re-calculate the auto-fit when you loaded another area. Now it seems like if it decides that, let's say, 20% is the best auto-fit for an area, the next area will be at 20% (it's listed as zoom map: custom) instead of its best-fit.

I'll couple this with a small feature request: is it possible to add zoom in/out with the mouse wheel when using the area viewer?
    CamDawg said:

I've noticed a small regression with the area viewer. In past versions, if you used zoom map: auto-fit selection, it would re-calculate the auto-fit when you loaded another area. Now it seems like if it decides that, let's say, 20% is the best auto-fit for an area, the next area will be at 20% (it's listed as zoom map: custom) instead of its best-fit.

I'll couple this with a small feature request: is it possible to add zoom in/out with the mouse wheel when using the area viewer?

Yeah, zoom level "Auto-fit" interferes currently with "Custom" zoom level. I can fix it, but the change may cause some (minor) compatibility issues if you switch back to use an older NI version.

I can probably add a feature to change zoom level by mouse wheel. However, zoom changes are quite resource-heavy, so I would make it optional.
    islandking
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    argent77 said:

Yeah, zoom level "Auto-fit" interferes currently with "Custom" zoom level. I can fix it, but the change may cause some (minor) compatibility issues if you switch back to use an older NI version.

Personally that's fine. I can count the number of times I've wanted (or needed) to go back to an older version of NI on zero hands.
    argent77 said:

I can probably add a feature to change zoom level by mouse wheel. However, zoom changes are quite resource-heavy, so I would make it optional.

Ah, OK. The area viewer is the only place NI ever gets sluggish, so adding more to it may not be the best idea.
  • ArthandasArthandas Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2018
    I'd like all creatures in PST:EE to give 0xp so that you can only level up via quests/dialogs/etc. Do I need to manually edit xp values of all 1113 cre files or is there an easier way?
    NI is not a good choice, as it lets you modify only one resource at a time. Something like that is best accomplished by a WeiDU script. This line of code should be enough:
    COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP ~.+\.cre~ ~override~ WRITE_LONG 0x14 0 BUT_ONLY
    If you have more questions about WeiDU, it's best to ask them in the General Mod Questions topic.
    ArthandasGusinda
  • ArthandasArthandas Member Posts: 29
    argent77 said:

NI is not a good choice, as it lets you modify only one resource at a time. Something like that is best accomplished by a WeiDU script. This line of code should be enough:
    COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP ~.+\.cre~ ~override~ WRITE_LONG 0x14 0 BUT_ONLY
    If you have more questions about WeiDU, it's best to ask them in the General Mod Questions topic.

Thanks, it works perfectly!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412

Is there a way to do something like this with Projected Images? I'd love to be able to trigger a subspell when the Image dies or is dispelled.

Have you tried looking at the PUPPETMASTERID/PUPPETMASTERTYPE stats with combination of the repeating effect opcode 272?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    argent77, you stated elsewhere that NI also does the dlg -> d decompilition? As I was unaware of this I am now unable to figure out how to do that. I have the current NI. I would be thankful for a hint how this works.
    @jastey Click on the Export button of the DLG resource and select "as WeiDU dialog file".

AstroBryGuy
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Obviously! I don't know where I was looking. This is so cool! Thank you!
    I'm a noob. How can I activate clairvoyance indoor?
    rede9 said:

I'm a noob. How can I activate clairvoyance indoor?

Disable SPL flags bit 13 (Outdoors only).