Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    Tiffy got killed by a werewolf near High Hedge. He was Fighter Level 1, Assassin Level 2 at the time. If he'd ben a little stronger he would have won.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    Microupdate: Jeanluc the inquisitor and his band of paladins and Imoen:
    Traveling with: Heather (Cavalier), Sarah (Undead hunter), April (Undead hunter), Forrest (Paladin), Imoen (Thief)
    SETUP: BG 1 EE, no mods, core rules at all times

We finished our Baldur's Gate quests (that we are going to bother with anyways). All that was left was to use a protection from magic scroll to defeat the Iron Throne 5th floor - except my paladins are too stupid to use the scroll, not even with a potion of genius can most of the paladins even use the scroll. Whoops. So instead, I had the two front-liners gulp a potion of magic shielding and also a potion of magic blocking. They absorbed the initial enemy spells, and once I saw confusion cast, then rest of the party then assisted. We won, but the party needed to gulp down quite a few blue potions to keep together.

Paladins are level 7. We will head to Candlekeep next session.
    Sorry to hear about Tiffy, @Wise_Grimwald ! Better luck next time. Maybe he needed a party to protect him?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    edited June 2018

All that was left was to use a protection from magic scroll to defeat the Iron Throne 5th floor - except my paladins are too stupid to use the scroll, not even with a potion of genius can most of the paladins even use the scroll.

Even if you dislike using multiple potions of the same type, what about adding a potion of mind focusing as well?
    Grond0 said:

All that was left was to use a protection from magic scroll to defeat the Iron Throne 5th floor - except my paladins are too stupid to use the scroll, not even with a potion of genius can most of the paladins even use the scroll.

Even if you dislike using multiple potions of the same type, what about adding a potion of mind focusing as well?
    Didn't have one, or would have used it. And there was no turning back. :D
    @Grond0 I wish that Karlat et al would follow me through doors. In my latest setup he doesn't, and some other characters don't either. If they do, the results can be quite interesting.

I wish that I knew which mod causes the difference. There doesn't appear to be any consistency.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317

@Grond0 I wish that Karlat et al would follow me through doors. In my latest setup he doesn't, and some other characters don't either. If they do, the results can be quite interesting.

I wish that I knew which mod causes the difference. There doesn't appear to be any consistency.

SCS seems to make them a bit more reluctant, though if you keep tempting them they normally will eventually follow you. If you have a party a good way to trigger a movement through a non-party transition is to send an invisible party member in - the enemy script registers the presence of an enemy, but can't see anything so goes through the transition in search of something visible.
    edited June 2018
    Kalo went to find every Ankheg she could find, killed Karlat, helped Alanna's neighbour to get back in shape. Now Rep 19

EDIT

She headed south, killed Zargos Flintblade and helped Prism thus reaching level 5.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Ugh, I went to the druid Grove and there I am suffering from unkillable trolls. I tried the on-demand mod but that did not fix it either. So now I am trudging on checking if a troll is immune to damage and then shoot it with acid or fire to kill it anyway.
    Pfff.. Will update soon. This cost me so much time to figure out. I should just remove the trollreg item and be done with them but that would effect all trolls...
    @lroumen Sorry for your troubles. I'm not sure if you have a mod that affects this, but even in vanilla, some trolls can be harder to kill than others. Usually, they just need more fire/acid damage at once. Aganazer scorcher, from spell or wand, is very effective for these kinds of trolls.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I think EE 2.3 changed trolls such that they fall asleep when under 1 hp while in 1.3 I think they were still replaced with a new troll. The old method is more reliable if you ask me.