Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• jtthjtth Member Posts: 171

jtth said:

FWIW, I find many errors go away if you just use your own version of Weidu, whatever's the latest, (right now on macOS it's 24600), and running weidu modname/setup_modname.tp2 from the command line within the game folder. Anything else is too variable (and, at leats for me, almost always leads to issues, including using the good doctor's own launcher or the bundled versions that come with many mods.)

FYI for Mac users: if you delete the file called "weidu" from your game folder, and replace it with the newest version (naming it "weidu") then the Mac Weidu Launcher will use that new version.
    Ah, interesting! I keep mine on my path. Does the Mac Weidu Launcher avoid using the ./setup-modname & ./setup-modname.command files too, and do what I described, or does it use those if they're there?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    edited June 2018
    I love this mod to death. The only thing that I modified were the DR values to make it based on 5s. Like for instance, Leather = 5%, Studded = 10%, Hide = 15%, Chain = 20%, Splint = 25%, Plate = 30% and Full Plate = 40%.

I also made the enchantments add 2% extra resistance instead of 1%, so a hide armor + 3 would be 15% + 6%, or 21%.
    edited June 2018
    I feel like a goof here since I'm not sure what's wrong, but I've noticed that I cannot sell back Bastard Swords nor Katanas to any storekeepers. I even tried this using a clean, un-modded installation.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    edited June 2018
    n/m
    edited June 2018
    I did have one small suggestion for this mod. It's acoustic. Changing Shield Bash from the sound of a magic spell to the sound of a slash or a smash from a slashing or blunt object.
  • Opus131Opus131 Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2018
    I tried to install this on a fresh Steam download of IWD, game version 2.5, and i ran into the first glitch.

Upon giving my fighter an INT of 13, i got the extra dialog options as innate abilities on my character, but when i use them, half the options appear to be glitched, at least as far as the text goes. Some of them just say invalid plus some number, while others have random dialog lines.

Did the last patch brake the mod? I don't have the GOG version, so i can't check it there.

Great mod btw, i feel this is how the base game should have been in the first place.
    Meh, i'm getting more glitches. Warriors are supposed to get 3 extra points with an INT of 13 through dialog after character creation, but with my Paladin i only got one, and that in a weapon i didn't chose at the beginning, where i got the impression i should have been able to add to my initial selection, thus bringing some of my chosen weapons up to two pips right off the bat, unless i'm mistaken.

Just to try it out, i made a pure fighter instead, and this time i was able to bring any weapon of choice to two pips out of the box, and this time i had two extra points i could assign through dialog options, but still not three.

I'm going to try re-downloading the game through Steam, but either the 2.5 patch messed up this mod or i'm just really unlucky.

BTW, Wisdom isn't supposed to give bonus spells to Paladins and Rangers, right? Does't say anywhere that it should, and it doesn't, but i just need to be sure. I feel it sort of should, but maybe it's my inner powergamer speaking.

edited June 2018
    Ayy i'm checking the previous pages here and it seems the culprit is indeed the 2.5 update.

I guess for now i have to set this mod aside. I hope those problems will get fixed, since this is a really great mod. I guess i'll just do a regular play-through in the interim. Once 2.5 rolls out for the BG games as well you should have an easier time standardize this for all games.
    Thanks. This version worked for me.
    After installing this, I just noticed that the Yeti Hide armor is incorrectly labeled as "Studded Leather + 1" instead of "Hide Armor + 1".

It doesn't actually say this in the description, however, the AC is set for 6 instead of 5, and the DEX penalty is only set for -1 instead of -2 along with a lower DR.

I can fix this in the .ini file if you can direct me to the cast name of the Yeti Hide armor. For instance: %hide_cast%, %elven_cast%, etc...

%yeti_cast% doesn't work. Neither does %yetihide_cast%.
    The weapon proficiencies are not working correctly for the Shaman class. I cannot place in any proficiencies into the slots at character creation. Thus far, I've had to disable proficiencies when creating a Shaman and then reinstall them after he's finished.

I may run into some problems when leveling up.
    edited July 2018
    Thanks. It appears most .ITM files are in a proprietary (binary) format. I don't know if I'll be able to paste this source code into it, and see if I can do something with it.

I'm still learning as I go along.

[EDIT] I'll just edit it through NearInfinity and export the item for later use.
    Post edited by UOLegacy on
    Do you have any thoughts on how to allow the Shaman class choose proficiencies with Scales of Balance?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    UOLegacy said:

The weapon proficiencies are not working correctly for the Shaman class. I cannot place in any proficiencies into the slots at character creation. Thus far, I've had to disable proficiencies when creating a Shaman and then reinstall them after he's finished.

I may run into some problems when leveling up.

That's odd. My last run was as a Shaman with Fnp and SoB installed. Are you using a fan made kit by chance?
    edited July 2018
    I did notice one mod that affected the Shaman class. It's called "Improved Shamanic Dance" but I didn't believe that it touched proficiencies. I'll try it and see what happens.

[EDIT] No. That wasn't it.
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    @subtledoctor
    Hey man, isnt 19 CON too high for Gnome?
    edited July 2018
    I've always noticed a slight delay (after resting) when appropriating experience with wisdom. For instance, wisdom which tacks off or adds on a percentage to the experience table results in about a five second delay, possibly due to the script.

This can be taken advantage of by resting and then quickly leveling up without waiting for the experience table to reduce or add the wisdom experience benefit away from or back again.

For instance, my one mage had 8 wisdom so it had a 6% reduction to the experience table. However, if I wanted to after resting, I could quickly hit "level up" and take advantage of the script delay.
    @subtledoctor
    hello again.
    I have installed a couple of mods but i havent installed any mod regarding the Kensai class beside your Might and Guile. Problem is, no matter what i choose the Kensai class always gets the same Weapon Prof, which are:

Two-Hand Style: +
    Fencing: +
    Dual-Wielding: ++

can u please confirm?
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    If I add Stat Bonus Overhaul (SBO)

1) then modify my stats with EEKeeper, will the bonus get applied correctly?

@subtledoctor reply to mine plzzlzlzlzlzzz
    i am saying. when i install Might and Guile (which is your mod, right?). No matter what weapon proficiencies i choose for Kensai, i always get these 3:

Two-Hand Style: +
    Fencing: +
    Dual-Wielding: ++
    edited August 2018
    :(:(:(:(:(
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Mercilec The proficiencies you set for Kensai at chargen don't matter. You get some free pips in styles and once the game starts, you should have a special ability to choose a focus weapon. When activated, you can pick a single weapon type to start specialized in.