Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Installed this on IWDEE, with RR, Hidden Gameplay Options, T&B, F&P, M&G, Tweaks Anthology & SoB.

When selecting Weapon Proficiencies from high INT, I got the option for Flails/Magical Cold/Magical/Invaled/Streff/ a bunch of dialogue for the Sword of Anoien?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sounds like it. So far, it's the only dialogue where it shows and the answers do lead to weapon proficiencies.
    GawainBS said:

Sounds like it. So far, it's the only dialogue where it shows and the answers do lead to weapon proficiencies.

I suppose that's unsalvagable and means a complete re-install?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I also do full reinstalls when applying modupdates. Weirdly enough, when using the Weapon of Focus for the Kensai, it worked fine.
    StummvonBordwehrBloodstone
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99

Btw @GawainBS are you installing this onto IWDEE v2.5? I don't have the 2.5 patch yet (GOG is slow) but I have some indication that Beamdog has made a change that will render the "extra proficiencies by dialogue" non-functional. Which would be a problem for SoB, and a massive massive problem for NPC_EE. So if you're playing this on a 2.5 game I'd very much appreciate any feedback if something isn't working.

Is it safe to assume that the problem will only really pop up if we use the 2.5 patch, of either BGEE or IWDEE? I have multiple installs of BGEE formats and have used both SoB and NPC_EE quite a bit, but I had not planned on doing the 2.5 update for either game anytime soon.
    Yes, I'm using IWD EE 2.5, got it via de Beamdog Client. If you tell me what kind of feedback you want, I'll do my best to provide it.
    The proficiencies aren't applying after all, even if you select one of the dialogues.
    Bastard Swords aren't being recognised as Great Swords.
    Fencing isn't getting the extra 0.5 APR, even after switching weapons and waiting 6 sec.

For starters (probably not 2.5 specific): STR 18/XX should give +2/+4 bonus according to the readme, but it's only giving +1/+4 on anything at or below 18/50 and +2/+4 at 18/51+.
    StummvonBordwehr
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Fingers crossed!
    StummvonBordwehr
    I did as you ask and the character still had 1 attack at lvl 7.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    I just double-checked with IWDee 2.5 from GOG, Scales of Balance v5.12.2, and Argent77's RevealHiddenGameOptions v.1.3.

I got the same result as GawainBS - however, "GETS_PROF_APR value for cleric/thieves to 1 in NI" , this value was already 1 when I went to edit it (??).
    @subtledoctor In terms that a moron can understand (me) what does that mean?
    edited May 2018
    Fencing double checked: doesn't work.
    Also, I didn't see any scroll bars during kitselection. (Safe for the description side.)
    GawainBS said:

Fencing double checked: doesn't work.
    Also, I didn't see any scroll bars during kitselection. (Safe for the description side.)

SoD doesn't have scroll bars for kit selection either. But you can click and drag to scroll up and down. Maybe IWD works the same way.
    ThacoBell
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @subtledoctor
    Full install of SoB (excluding concentration) on IWDEE v2.5 release:
    - Concentration component fails to install - the file (CONCENTR.2DA) isn't present.
    - Fencing works fine. Breath save and APR bonus update accordingly.
    - Upper-Byte proficiency manipulation still works.
    - Proficiency dialogue doesn't work (because spellstates), switching to "Proficiency()" triggers should solve this.
    - Proficiency dialogue string references totally screwed up (I'm assuming this is because you use preset string references from BG1/2 for the first menu). The responses have correct text, its just the first menu of proficiency that has issue (oddly "Flail" is the only one that is intact).
    edited May 2018
    Then I'm not sure why it was screwed up, I'll look again later.
    Too bad IWD only has 2.5. Your mods are must-haves.
    StummvonBordwehrContemplative_Hamster
    edited May 2018
    @subtledoctor
    Slot*WProf is the proficiency index from WPROF.IDS, they are identical to the indexes from STATS.IDS.
    CheckStat(Myself,2,PROFICIENCYBASTARDSWORD) // breaks on dual-classes/upper byte usage would be written:
    Proficiency(Myself,PROFICIENCYBASTARDSWORD,2) // only checks active proficiency bits. For those not listed in WPROF.IDS, you can either call them by their index from STATS.IDS, or append the file according. They don't actually need to be listed to be called by their index, such as this:
    CheckStat(Myself,2,EXTRAPROFICIENCY20) would be written:
    Proficiency(Myself,134,2) 134 = EXTRAPROFICIENCY20 from STATS.IDS
    But those not listed in WPROF.IDS, using their labels like "EXTRAPROFICIENCY20" likely won't work in dialog or compile by wiedu until they have been added to WPROF.IDS.

extra note - WPROF.IDS does not control which proficiency stats are now displayed on the record screen (the fix to this: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/59980/protection-from-evil-bug), not sure what does (it may be hardcoded).
    Hey @subtledoctor , just some IWD EE statistics regarding weaponstyles: My Paladin of the Red Knight with 1 pip in Sword & Shield and 2 in Longsword has 15% of the party kills. My Skald with 2 in Halberds and 1 in Two Handed style has 30% and my Blade with 2 pips in Dualwielding and 1 in various weapons has around 25%.
    The party is lvl 6 - 8 and ready to go to Dragon's Eyes. They have all the same meleestats.

The killratio seems to be pretty balanced given the styles, no? Sword & Shield has very good AC and still has decent offense, while the Twohander seems to be the big damage dealer. Dualwielder isn't up to par yet, mainly due to having only 1 pip in weapons so far and the big draw, an extra slot for an item, isn't really coming to play yet with the low level equipment.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited May 2018
    I concur, the City part is the best part in BG1. I think that it would be awesome to have styles scale with level/THAC0, if such a thing would be possible...