Skip to content

The Adventurer's Lounge: Guidance and Support for No Reload Challengers- Newbie or Veteran

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Wise_Grimwald That's one of my favorites, Sirine's Call (from Pocket Plane).
    Grond0StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited June 2018
    A Problem from the Tenya mod.
    Nobody there appears to be answering. :(
    After killing Lethe, on her body is this Halberd which is clearly meant to be used by Clerics of Umberlee.
    Tenya IS a cleric of Umberlee, (Faith and Powers mod) and I would therefore like to make the halberd useable by her. Description of Ebba +2 below.

I went into Near Infinity to try and discover why I cannot equip it and am bemused.
    I cannot see any flag that would be a problem.

The minimum strength to use it is 13. Tenya is wearing a belt that increases her strength to 22!
    So that shouldn't be a problem.

Here is the NI information:

Ideas please.

• Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    I have no experience in modding. But what if you just removed all the classes it is unusable by? You can still ensure in-game you only use it with relevant character.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited June 2018

After killing Lethe, on her body is this Halberd which is clearly meant to be used by Clerics of Umberlee.
    Tenya IS a cleric of Umberlee, (Faith and Powers mod) and I would therefore like to make the halberd useable by her. Description of Ebba +2 below.
    I went into Near Infinity to try and discover why I cannot equip it and am bemused.

FnP restricts also restricts items by type, by effects on the creature. These won't show up on the item description. Cleric's of Umberlee are restricted from Halberds.
    You could get around this by changing the item type/category to Quarterstaff (26), which should make it usable by all clerics.
    Grond0loliensemiticgoddess
    edited June 2018
    kjeron said:

FnP restricts also restricts items by type, by effects on the creature. These won't show up on the item description. Cleric's of Umberlee are restricted from Halberds.
    You could get around this by changing the item type/category to Quarterstaff (26), which should make it usable by all clerics.
    In that case, it is a shame that the writer of the Tenya mod didn't make it a staff as it is clearly meant to be used by Clerics of Umberlee, perhaps ONLY by clerics of Umberlee. It was probably written before F 'n' P.

Thank you for your input. That is something that I can fix easily I think.

EDIT

SORTED! THANKS!

Knowing what to do, only took 2 minutes to sort. :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Drizzt should attack on Legacy of Bhaal difficulty will be fixed for the 2.5 patch. :)
    semiticgoddessEnuhalGrond0Aerakar
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    If anyone can give me a good answer on this I would appreciate it. How do you handle scs beholders in the underdark and cult in the sewers?
    JuliusBorisov
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    My favored strategy is to scout their position and then bomb them offscreen with multiple cloudkill wands, cloudkill casts, fireballs and other AOE-stuff. They move really slow, so they can be kited relatively well - you just have to make sure to stay out of sight as much as possible. Works surprisingly well.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
    @Enuhal
    What protections are usually needed to be active to avoid a mishap would you suggest?
    @enuhal thank you!
    JuliusBorisov
    Has anyone ran item randomizer or item revisions with their no reload playthroughs? I was just curious who much more difficult that makes things.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @RVNS: I've tried at least one Item Revisions+Spell Revisions no-reload run, though I don't remember how far I got. The difficulty is roughly the same in most cases, but since it makes the game significantly more balanced, it will make things a little harder for no-reload runs because the overpowered stuff is no longer as overpowered. The good news is that gameplay is more diverse and in many ways more interesting. I strongly encourage trying it out.

Many people have used Item Randomizer. It inhibits metagaming by making you guess where critical loot is going to be (you can't get your run-defining item at the exact moment you want it), but since a completionist run will still get you to every loot location, you can always find Gnasher in the Planar Sphere (for example) if it doesn't show up in the Druid Grove. I am not familiar with the mod, but I also think it would make things more interesting, without making things radically more difficult.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovRaduziel
    @semiticgod can they be used with SCS do you know?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    RVNS said:

@semiticgod can they be used with SCS do you know?

They can.
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
    @Grond0 Thanks for the info!
    JuliusBorisovGrond0
    I know I post in here a lot but the feedback is always good. Another question I have is reputation. It is largely something I have ignored but I see others using it to rack up lots of cash quickly and effectively for potions and wands. What are good and quick ways to do this?
    I personally find reputation to be irrelevant. Gold is simply not a concern and I say that as someone who does not pickpocket / steal and who spends tens of thousands of gold on scrolls and potions. I have rep set at 50%, x2 Gaelan and license cost (from SCS) and rep has no impact on prices (tweakpack) and I still never run short on coin. I also never loot mundane stuff like weapons and armour, only coin, gems and magic items.

For big purchases a scroll of Friends can help.

Finally I find reputation to be a bit of a gamey mechanic so that’s another reason why I ignore it.

So is there a marginal gain to buying reputation to max asap before spending? Quite possibly.

Is it in any way needed to be succesful? No.
    RVNSWise_GrimwaldRaduziel
    Btw in terms of how, you can find a table somewhere that shows how much you need to donate to get each incremental +1 gain. You then go to a temple, donate each increment until you get to 18 (max possible through donating), do a couple of quests that increase reputation (e.g. circus tent, Slums slavery, Bridge murders etc) to get to 20 and you are all set.
    RVNS
    @Jaheiras_Witness Thank you for the rundown!
    @Enuhal @Grond0 Excellent feedback from everyone. Thank you all.
    JuliusBorisov
    @Enuhal I was wondering if you know the criteria that determine whether or not you increase reputation for being honest to Oublek in EE.
    edited July 2018
    @Wise_Grimwald It depends on your reaction adjustment, which in turn depends on your charisma (and your reputation, but less so). I can't tell you how much charisma you'd need exactly to get a positive response, but I think that having no negative adjustment is propably enough (having at least 9 reputation and 10 charisma would mean having no negatives). I can't guarantee this, though, but I'm 100% sure 15 charisma with an average reputation is definitely enough.

I've only ever experienced not getting the reputation boost when talking to Oublek with a really low charisma character (single digits).
    JuliusBorisov
    Enuhal said:

@Wise_Grimwald It depends on your reaction adjustment, which in turn depends on your charisma (and your reputation, but less so). I can't tell you how much charisma you'd need exactly to get a positive response, but I think that having no negative adjustment is propably enough (having at least 9 reputation and 10 charisma would mean having no negatives). I can't guarantee this, though, but I'm 100% sure 15 charisma with an average reputation is definitely enough.

I've only ever experienced not getting the reputation boost when talking to Oublek with a really low charisma character (single digits).

He greets me as a fine and honest friend so I don't get the boost. I'm neutral good with a charisma of 18 due to Lord Foreshadow's ring.

This is happening with a lot of my characters.
    edited July 2018
    He should only greet you as "fine and honest" after you've already talked to him and told him that you're not greywolf (which is what should get you the reputation boost). Otherwise, there might be some mod-introduced bug at work.
    JuliusBorisov
    Enuhal said:

He should only greet you as "fine and honest" after you've already talked to him and told him that you're not greywolf (which is what should get you the reputation boost). Otherwise, there might be some mod-introduced bug at work.

Not necessarily a bug. I think that it might be intended. I've a list of mods installed that's as long as your arm and they certainly make the game more interesting as I don't know what's coming next. There is one bug that I don't like and that is that my spiritual hammer doesn't do any damage. :(
    I have created a Sworn one of Cyric cleric/thief and in my inventory an item has been created.

I looked in EE Keeper and it is unknown the item code is CDHLYSYM.

Does anybody know what it is, or what it does?