Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    If I had to judge by the changes in kit descriptions, I see quite a change is coming in the next release. Can't wait!
    @Raduziel & @kjeron, I don't see the Protection sphere listed in the readme to see what spells it has. I see there are kits that have the sphere listed.

While your at it, can you change the duration for the Minor Death to say 10 turns (unless you changed it back)?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

@Raduziel & @kjeron, I don't see the Protection sphere listed in the readme to see what spells it has. I see there are kits that have the sphere listed.

While your at it, can you change the duration for the Minor Death to say 10 turns (unless you changed it back)?

Thanks. I'm still working on the Readme, but that completely passed me by.
    Hi @Raduziel, noticed that for the hand of Myrkul ability description you use "enforcing" instead of "forcing".

P.S. Love the daddy daughter picture. Enjoy this time as once she starts crawling (6 month-ish), your free time will be gone.
    @Necromanx2

Altered. Thanks for noticing this.

And the picture is lovely indeed. I have a cage and a leash ready for when she starts crawling.

#LawfulEvilParenthood.

Just kidding.
    Good news.

10 of the 25 spheres are ready. For all purposes DoF 1.8.6 version is playable but @kjeron and I are working hard to let it as polished as possible, so we are alpha-testing a lot. The IWD-importing process is tedious and slow (you're a hero @Grammarsalad ).

DoF is fully compatible with IWDification and B_Spells, but will be able to be plainly enjoyed by itself. Keep in mind that the only spells that DoF adds are those used by the sphere system (a lot of spells, but definitely not as much as those added by the aforementioned mods).

The sphere system now also touches Paladins (including Blackguards), Rangers and Druids. Keep in mind that DoF tries to stay as close as possible to PnP, so the sphere access for those classes was determined by TSR, not me. This is a starting point for the next Phases of this project, but I still have 64 cleric kits to deliver before starting the Druid/Ranger branch.

I'm keeping the sphere structure of 5 Major, 4 Minor (you can see them all in Page 1) for balancing purposes and also because, unlike happens with Paladins, Druids and Rangers, to follow PnP spheres her would be impossible. I'm doing the best I can.

I believe that before August this new version will be ready. My earlier goal was to release it as a birthday gift to myself in July, 25th but this deadline is unrealistic.

Version 1.8.6 will also contain a better behavior for Hoar's Revenant (thanks @Arunsun !).

The downside is that it won't have any new kits, but once 1.8.6 is released I'll focus entirely in this as I now that no issue was left behind.

Stay tuned.
  • erianneerianne Member Posts: 13
    Just to understand:
    With the new version, there will be no more chance, to combine Faiths & Powers and your mod?
    I‘m currently using a mixed version.
    1. Base component from DoF
    2. Druids, rangers, paladins and sphere from F&P
    3. Cleric kits from DoF.

No clerics, no acolytes from F&P.

Installs without problems, kits are assigned with npc_ee or F&P.

For the next version, I can‘t use the component 2 - so no druids, rangers, paladins from F&P?

Or just one sphere system and kits from both packages?
    edited July 2018
    @erianne

I didn't test DoF new version with FnP's Druid/Ranger/Paladin, but these classes are also inside DoF's sphere system, so it probably won't be compatible.

In a near future, it definitely won't be.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • erianneerianne Member Posts: 13
    Thanx. Now it‘s clear.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    @Raduziel

Will there be a way to "plug into" your sphere system?

I'm creating a lot of new spells for B_Spells, but a lot of them are spells from various 2e sources that have tsr assigned spheres.
    @Grammarsalad I'll think into something. The mastermind behind DoF's sphere system's code is @kjeron , I'm just doing the manual labor and learning a lot in the process.

I'll gladly try, you can bet that.

And thanks :)
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited July 2018
    Raduziel said:

@Grammarsalad I'll think into something. The mastermind behind DoF's sphere system's code is @kjeron , I'm just doing the manual labor and learning a lot in the process.

I'll gladly try, you can bet that.

And thanks :)

Cool cool. In the meantime, I'll keep track of t the relevant spells on my end
  • VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2018
    EDIT: Forget I said anything, it's working fine now (had to reset the game though - casting time for Mystra kit was slower rather than faster when I reached level 7, but now is working properly)

P.S: all npc clerics so far work as intended by the way.
    Post edited by Vanhardisk on
    @Vanhardisk

I've checked and the Opcode's parameters are fine.

The Robe of Vecna also uses a positive parameter1, so I know the problem is not there.

The idea is to cast faster, not slower (what undoubtedly would be a setback).

I run a test in IWD with a Dweomerkeeper and a Dawnbringer of Lathander to check your report.

Paused the game and commanded both to cast Bless (casting time 9). The Dweomerkeeper finished the spell first (almost two seconds before the Dawnbringer).

Can you run this test in your game and tell me the results?

Thanks.

• VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    Yes, yes, is working fine now thank Bhaal.

I created a Magistrati of Azuth who get the +2 casting time at level 1 and tested a few spells on a poor Tutor and it worked properly, went back to my Dweomerkeeper save and voilá, the casting time was updated to correct parameters. No idea why suddenly a Magic Missile was taking so long to cast given I wasn't magically slowed or under any speed inducing effect.
    edited July 2018
    Things were really hard the last couple days.

* Malar can now retrieve its Claw from the golem's room chest in Chateau Irenicus (BG2EE). A very useful tool for that dungeon.

* Hoar's behavior is officially improved and I'm running tests. @Arunsun 's plan could not be implemented, so I'm following an approach presented by @kjeron . Thank you both.

* I think that I found a balanced set of spheres for the druid and made some different combinations for its kits. You can check the Readme to get more info.

* The way the special abilities of the kits are delivered changed completely. DoF is optimized when it comes to that.

* Basically since the last report all that was done is make sure that everything that was created so far is perfect.

* Cyric's features are now closer to its PnP behavior. No emotion-altering spell will touch him. No Dire Charm, but also no Exaltation. No Horror, but also no Emotion: Courage.

* Some more spells were imported (16 out of 25 spheres are ready to go). The point in it is to make DoF run fine by itself. You can also install IWDification or B_Spells in your game and happily use whatever DoF offers - including the sphere system.

* A new component adds the Alaghar of Clangeddin kit for Yeslick if the Yeslick BG2 mod is installed.

I know that it seems like not so much, but believe me: there is a lot of work behind these 7 bullets. So much work that now I'll take a 10 days vacation from DoF to focus on some RL issues and maybe another little project that no one will play but I'll release it anyway.

Stay tuned for more, bookmark this thread if you're interested in playing Deities of Faerun because I'll keep reporting my progress here.

I want to thank @kjeron and @Necromanx2 for supporting this project. Kjeron wrote all the insane codes that I wouldn't be able to faintly understand and Necromanx2 is alpha-testing and being a hero with valuable bug reports and lots of reinstalls.
    edited July 2018
    * After lots of frustration, Hoar's Revenant is working as it should.

* Finished the code's altering in all the kits.

* In BG(2)EE, Painbearers of Ilmater won't get two entries of DUHM anymore: now the DUHM gained by the kit will stack with the one provided by Bhaal.

* Mystra is officially immune to wild, miscast and, finally, dead magic. The tests at SoD's ambush and Watcher's Keep were perfect,

* Mystra's immunities were altered. Now at level 15, Dweomerkeepers will be immune to Remove Magic, Breach and Secret Word, making it a nice kit to use in SCS installs (specially with its almost instantaneous Dispel Magic).

* DoF now should be installed after EET.

* No advance in the spell's import because I was doing some other invisible-to-players-but-thankfully-solved stuff.

* I'm releasing a public beta for version 1.8.6 As some spells were not imported yet, I strongly recommend to play it with IWDification or B_Spells. After the official release (when all the spells will be imported) you can play without it, but you should keep using one of them because they're awesome mods.
  • Radamanth77Radamanth77 Member Posts: 16
    Hello, I am trying to "understand" an issue with the Malar kit. The conversion of a spell fails (sppr530b is not in the chitin file) and it should be ramala3 one. Which spell is it? My test installation is VERY modded so the spell names might be different..
    edited July 2018

Hello, I am trying to "understand" an issue with the Malar kit. The conversion of a spell fails (sppr530b is not in the chitin file) and it should be ramala3 one. Which spell is it? My test installation is VERY modded so the spell names might be different..

@Radamanth77

With the new coding that shouldn't be a problem. IIRC this spell is Animal Rage (and it is RAMALA2 actually).

Can you give me a copy of your Weidu log and Setup-DeitiesofFaerun.DEBUG?
  • Radamanth77Radamanth77 Member Posts: 16
    Here it is.
    Just a note: I m trying to help but I m totally new of all the Weidu modding and I m just starting to understand it. So sorry in advance if what I post isn't the right file, knowledge, rule or anything related to the modding.
    log.zip 15.5K
    edited July 2018
    @Radamanth77 You should never excuse for being in a learning process. God knows that I am in one myself.

I made an upload on Github that should fix this problem for you. The solution was identified by @kjeron as the issue is in IWDification side (what means that this time, for everyone's surprise, I didn't f*cked up the code). Is not an error in IWDification's code, is just a precaution that wasn't took. Anyway, should be solved.

What I recommend for you to do: uninstall DoF, delete DoF's current folder from your game's folder. Redownload it from the link, unzip in the game's folder and reinstall it.

As DoF is a huge mod, you should avoid overwriting its files by Copy-and-Paste or use Weidu's Reinstall command.

---

Animal, Fire, Air, Water and Plant spheres are ready and uploaded in Github.

5 more spheres to go (Vocal, Divination, Combat, Thought and Protection).

Divination only misses one spell (Seven Eyes) but this one is a tough nut to crackle and will be the last spell to be added.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Can you elaborate on after EET? Do you mean after EET_End is run?

Can you elaborate on after EET? Do you mean after EET_End is run?

https://rawgit.com/K4thos/EET-Compatibility-List/master/EET-Compatibility-List.html

There a block of mods listed as Mods installed after EET main component on BG2:EE. DoF fits in this category.

But in a second thought, I'll check a little thing with the EET crew to see if that is really necessary to install DoF after it. So far I'm just being cautious.
    Hello :)

So... while polishing the code I kind of deleted the command that gives the innates to the kits. For a lot of them.

:#

Fixed and added another fix: now the kit version of the spell won't stack with the original version of it. So Beshaba's Doom will no stack with the Doom spell and vice-versa.

With the kit's component finally behind me I can focus on finishing the spells conversion. After that, the Beta ends and I'll be back on the kit production services. The next two will be Shandakul and Valkur.

If you have a version of DoF at the moment, uninstall it, delete it, burn it and bury the ashes in holy soil. Use the one currently available. It will behave nicely, I promise.

Welcome to a Beta, ladies and gentlemen!

@southfla79 I'm back with a solid answer:

EET_End should always run after everything, accordingly to K4thos. So you install all the EET stuff except for EET_End that needs to always run last of everything.

Hope that clarifies.
    During the next week, I'll not touch DoF unless some game-breaking bug appears. If that occurs (and I strongly believe it will not as I passed by the coding over and over again) send me a MP, as I won't be around the forum.

I'll be back next Sunday.
    Raduziel said:

@erianne

I didn't test DoF new version with FnP's Druid/Ranger/Paladin, but these classes are also inside DoF's sphere system, so it probably won't be compatible.

In a near future, it definitely won't be.

Will you be setting things to install in components.....like sphere system, clerics, rangers, paladins, etc? I really like what you've done with the clerics, but I like FnPs paladins/druid classes. Hopefully it can be done so both can be used together.

Regarding EET - yup, that answered the question. The original post was a bit confusing but it's all cleared up.
    @southfla79 Unlikely, I'm sorry.

But wait to see what I'll do with Rangers, Paladins, Druids and Monks. :)
    edited July 2018
    Sphere system is failing. Clean install, only adding DoF. Failing on trying to import SymbolHopelessness.

ERROR: error loading [DeitiesofFaerun/Lib/Spheres/Import/SymbolHopelessness/IDPRO277.PRO]
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Spheres System (by Kjeron)], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/2/OTHER.2]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/2/OTHER.2")
    [DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/2/UNSETSTR.2] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 153 files for [DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2] component 2.
    Uninstalled 153 files for [DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2] component 2.

[DeitiesOfFaerun\Lib/Spheres\KIT_SPHERES.tpa] PARSE ERROR at line 1013 column 16-27
    Near Text: =>
    GLR parse error

[DeitiesOfFaerun\Lib/Spheres\KIT_SPHERES.tpa] ERROR at line 1013 column 16-27
    Near Text: =>
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [DeitiesOfFaerun\Lib/Spheres\KIT_SPHERES.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error
    Error Uninstalling [DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2] component 2:
    Parsing.Parse_error
    DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2 0 0 Installed ~Base Cleric Changes (required for all components)~
    DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2 0 1 Installed ~Use Kits' Colors~
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "DeitiesofFaerun/Lib/Spheres/Import/SymbolHopelessness/IDPRO277.PRO")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-DEITIESOFFAERUN.DEBUG and look for support at: Raduziel
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 3 top-level TRA files
    [DeitiesOfFaerun/Tra/English/Spheres.tra] has 193 translation strings
    [DeitiesOfFaerun/Tra/English/Setup.tra] has 63 translation strings
    [DeitiesOfFaerun/Tra/English/DeitiesOfFaerun.tra] has 322 translation strings
    edited July 2018
    @southfla79 I forgot to upload a folder. I'll fix it as soon as I get home.