Skip to content

[MOD] Convenient Enhanced Edition NPCs for BG:EE, SoD and BG2:EE

Comments

• MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    Thank you.
    Sry for all these hassle, im new to BG and i try to collect some must mods (for my paste) to play the game with.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431

New version: Disable Enhanced Edition NPCs v3.4

Changes in v3.4:
    • Added French translation (thanks @Gwendolyne )
    • Spelling and formatting fixes in Polish readme

New version: Disable Enhanced Edition NPCs v3.5

Changes in v3.5:
    • Fixed consistency issues with Neera and Rasaad in EET (BG1/SoD versions were not properly moved to BG2)
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Any chance you add a component that includes the missing items (such as the gloves of missile snaring) in the game when you DO use Dorn and company?
    I'll see what I can do (and makes sense).
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited December 2017
    @argent77 : Thank you so much for this mod. I was just thinking about doing another run through BG2ee this morning, and groaned when the very concept of Hexxat, not to mention her quest, came up. She's destined to go away forever with your mod.

Question/Request: Is it possible to add an option to keep Dorn in the game but leave out the ToB section of Dorn's questline specifically? I thought the SoA part was interesting and very much in character for such a tortured soul
    Dorn has a chance to switch demonic patrons OR redeem his soul at the cost of his powers
    - whatever will he choose? The devil he knows, the devil he doesn't, or the frailty that comes with freedom?
    , but the ToB part was groan-inducing
    let's invade heaven a nice, spacious, leafy suburb with mood lighting and dragons, and kill more things and haul off their crazy loot
    to the point of making me want to stop playing the game. The SoA quest resolution would have been a fine and sensible place to stop the questline, I think, but noooo.
    edited December 2017
    @Contemplative_Hamster That's actually an interesting idea for every EE NPC supported by this mod. I would even go a step further and provide an option to disable their SoA (or BG1EE) quests as well.

I'll see how much work would be involved (or if it's feasible at all) before I can make a decision.
    Contemplative_HamsterUlb
    edited December 2017
    Cheers. Disabling the quest/quests for each NPC of course enables one to use the NPCs if so desired without losing them when the quest timer compels them to leave. That would be the point of disabling Dorn's ToB quest. Some of the NPCs are interesting enough to bring into the party, even if their insertion into the game is heavy-handed and their quests are annoying.
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    I would even go a step further and provide an option to disable their SoA (or BG1EE) quests as well.

OH yes, please!
    That would make Dorn a viable choice in BG2 for PCs that are not Chaotic Evil and mentally retarded!
    Contemplative_Hamster
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Argent, you're a boss!!

1) By the way, does anyone know of any mod released to fix\improve\change the dialogues of BG:EE Npcs?

2) You have a component that adds item that you're supposed to find if you play the quests added by the new npcs. Why did you also decide to add the silver scales on Adalon (it makes sense, but I would prefere a separate component for this because I don't want any content added by these quests but I would love this simple bugfix!!)

1) I don't know. Maybe BG1NPC has some additional content for EE NPCs.

2) Adalon is the most fitting location for the silver scales, especially since you'll also have to perform an evil act to retrieve them. There is a second copy of scales available somewhere else, if you don't want to deal with Adalon. See the mod's readme for more information. Btw, the item component is purely optional.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited July 2018
    argent77 said:

1) I don't know. Maybe BG1NPC has some additional content for EE NPCs.

It doesn't, actually. There was a consensus by the original BG1NPC authors that the mod was "done" (fixes notwithstanding) and therefore closed to new content long before BGEE came about. So, no new content has been added for the EE NPCs.

Kaeloree released an expansion for the BGEE Neera romance: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55578-mod-neera-expansion/

I've released an BGEE mod with NPC banters for Neera: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/NeeraBanters
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    argent77
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited July 2018
    i hope someday someone will go and make a mod for dorn and rassad as it's very werid that they still dont have expansion mods after all these years.

in bg1 i mean i know dorn has a romance mod for 2.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @argent77

Thank you for this. I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that this mod is an answer to my prayers. I have just downloaded it and will be starting a new game later today. Just one question: where will I find Neera's gem bag?
    @Permidion_Stark check the readme.

Anyway...

Neera's Gem Bag can be purchased in the Friendly Arm Inn.
    Permidion_Stark
    edited August 2018
    Thanks @Arthas

I did read the readme but obviously didn't read it very well . . .

EDIT: I just re-read the readme and the information is right there where I should have found it in the first place.

Thanks again.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Good job (as always), @argent77

IDK if it is possible, but can you provide a component that only prevents the slaughtering quests from Dorn in BG2 and keep everything else?

Another question: making Rasaad passive will prevent him from attacking Nimbul? I hate when he steals my XP hah

Thanks in advance.
    Regarding Dorn's slaughter quest, it's not really within the scope of the mod to alter the storyline of an NPC. I'd rather not do it. Btw, his whole questline can be summarized as slaughtering innocents and goody two-shoes.

Passive Rasaad not attacking Nimbul (or Neira)? Should be doable.
    Permidion_StarkRaduziel
    edited August 2018
    argent77 said:

Passive Rasaad not attacking Nimbul (or Neira)? Should be doable.

That would be great. It never really bothered me when playing with a party but it really annoys me when I am soloing and he kills one of my would-be assassins.
    edited August 2018
    dear @argent77
    Some time ago, near the top of page three of this thread, we discussed if it was possible to include an option to block the ToB parts of EE NPCs' quests, because those ToB quests are often not very good (to put it mildly). You said you might even want to go further and offer to block quests in their entirety. Have you had a chance to look into the code and determine if it's feasible to do so?

I looked into Hexxat's scripts. From what I remember the quests were tightly bound to her dialogs (and I guess the same applies to the other NPCs as well), so it's unlikely I can disable the quests without disabling the majority of dialog content (including romances) with the protagonist as well. I was busy with all my other mods in the meanwhile, that's why I haven't made any progress in that regard so far.
    Contemplative_HamsterArthas
    What are you producing\making\working on?
    Arthas said:

What are you producing\making\working on?

Keeping all my mods and tools up to date takes up some time. There are also a new mod and a modding tool in the works that have not been officially released yet.
    Arthas
    Woah.
  • tomasz86tomasz86 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you very much for this mod.

I have a question, or possibly a feature request. Would it be possible to have an option to keep the NPCs but disable (silence) their voice lines?

The reason is that they are available only in English, and as such they stick like a sore thumb in other language versions of BG. Mixing languages like that breaks immersion, and I personally would prefer much more to simply have their voice disabled completely.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    @argent77

Will this mod work if you're in the middle of a game?

Also, I love ALL your mods. Bless you for making this one.
    AndreaColombo
    edited July 2019
    It depends. Some NPCs are created by script when you enter a map for the first time. In these cases the mod may have little or no effect on the NPC if you visited the area already. Locally triggered NPCs should be no problem as long as you didn't trigger their appearance yet.

You may get duplicate items if you choose to disable NPCs and make their items available to everyone, however.
    Post edited by argent77 on
    Baptor
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    Congratulations on the new release! :)
    jasteymegamike15argent77
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i don't know how you could make dorn passive in bg 1. as he is still the only ee npc that will interrupt you when you don't want him to. mabey do what another mod did and move him to the mines and have his cutscene not start until you talk to him like neera.