Skip to content

Request Modfile for Android BGEE

Comments

• XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    @Gusinda hey i jus spotted another mod called Journey of Corvus.. It sound great and would appear to have some goodies id like to try. Only concern is that he made the mod for BGEE but used BG2EE componets to make? Anywho, i hope some stuff works.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Xhoblaim, the only thing I can find about the Journey of Corvus is a playthrough (Shadow Magic Mod for the Shadow Adept kit). Is this the one you mean?

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda yessir. There are other shadow kits ad well...a monk, bard and something else. As for Corvus, pillage what we can.. If theres anything to pillage lol.
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda yo i just noticed Sheena the half dragon's shapechange actualy works now. Its looks great :smiley: i was thinkin, give that to draconis and make *him* a *her*. That form is nice since it helps with size issues lol.
    @Gusinda hey i jus noticed something strange..
    The special abilities only work if the character is NOT the PC...go figure <.<
    Gusinda
    edited July 2018
    @Xhoblaim, interesting, shall have to have a look.

I am doing the Shadow/Lava install. Do yo want Sheena there as well? I have started from scratch so the only mods looked at for the moment are Shadow Magic and those that LavaDelVorte has built (those that are for BG2EE anyway). I am about half way through that install (and it is already over the limit to upload to the forum...).

Maybe, we could do one with the LavaDelVorte mods (as most are additional quests) then one that inlcudes all the mods for the X-Project. Or you could have a look at the first then decide which additional quests you want to install with the X-Project.

Gus.

Edit: Yeah, completed the install, it ended up over 250MB in size...
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    Xhoblaim
    edited July 2018
    @Gusinda rofl 250! Ok lets jus start from the top of the list, fit what we can so it will still upload (size wise). Are you able to toss in rule changes etc.? Like multi protect items etc..

Ill just tackle the additional quests 1 at a time. Shooting more so for content like, spells, items, kits etc. That way it may be easier to upload.

On a good note, i finally got approved for my VA disability so i should be getting a new comp soon :smiley: (hurray for ME! Lmao)

Oh yea, add sheena and the ninja stuff along with the caped avatars and the avatar morphing script.
    Post edited by Xhoblaim on
    @Xhoblaim, will try to fit what I can (50MB is the limit for uploading to this site). You still wouldn't be able to play (properly) until the .obb is repackage but alwas good to get a headstart.

Yeah, it appears that installing the mods takes mich more space than 1.3...

Good to hear about your VA claim. Hope all goes well. When you do, I can pass on any tips where I can!

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited July 2018
    @Gusinda were you still gonna whip up that modfile? Since spells, classes and items still work.

Got a new phone with alot more space :smiley: also, is there any alternative source to uploading a big modfile? I figure once i get the obb files straight, the next hump would be getting the modfile from your hands to mine.
    @Xhoblaim, I have put a couple together to try and work the size. I will upload the latest which simply adds Tweaks Anthology, More Styles for Wizards, Chaos Sorcerer and Ninja. I know these worked in the previous install but I think you will have probs here.

Try and create a new Chaos Sorcerer or Ninja and see if the classes are available. It is likely that the class will be corrupt at the creation screen... If they are available, then great, we can put more together but I think the two dialog.tlk will clash.

I have reverted back to v1 of the modfile with the new version of the game :wink:

Installation is the same as previous installs.

Hope all goes well.
    Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited July 2018
    @Gusinda nice, life is much easier without extra quests. I'm thinking, would you be able to add the shadow magic stuff? Since this is a fresh start, I figured this is a good opportunity to test spells and abilities of other mods so I can weed though what I like etc. Only reason I would like to do this is cuz my acquisition of a new PC has been delayed an extra week (*sob).

Edit: tested the classes and they still function perfectly. So did the caped avatars and items. So I think it's safe to say that the only things that do not work correctly are quests (dialogs, quest triggers etc), so of you could add the non-quest related mods that would be great. Sheena is good to add as well only because I like her transformation.. I never do her quest or add her anyhow..jus wanted her abilities for a character lol.

On another note, the shaman class seems to be functional again. I thought the chaos sorc was what conflicted with it, but I was wrong. Maybe try adding the spellshaper class...see if that is what was causing the clash.

@Xhoblaim, No probs. I shall add Shadow Magic and the spellshaper class (if I can remember which one it was...) today and get it uploaded. Shadow Magic was quite large but I think it will still make it under 50MB.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited July 2018
    @Xhoblaim, placed the additional (Shadow Magic and Spellshaper) mods in... It ended up being toooo big, so have split the zip.

You have to rename the 'BG2EE 2.5.16.6_Xhoblaim_Modfile v2.z01.txt' back to 'BG2EE 2.5.16.6_Xhoblaim_Modfile v2.z01'. Not the best way to do it. Hopefully, it will unpack properly on the Android platform.

Gus

Edit: Files deleted. Uploaded below.
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    Xhoblaim
    edited July 2018
    @Gusinda so exactly how would I install these? I've tried changing the extension to .z01 by removing the . txt on the end then extracting.. But didn't work.. kept getting something about a corrupt archive O_o;. Maybe you could zip the file then rar/archive it for a double compression? I dunno Lol. Also..if you can put half the override files in one zip and the other half in another..that may work
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, give this a go. I did as you suggested and split the override folder. All you should need to do for part 2 is to allow the merge.

I have taken away the above files so there wont be any confusion.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited July 2018
    @Gusinda oh hellz yeah bro! It all works great! The shadow magic mod is insanely awesome..you really should check it out lol.

Since we now are able to transfer the modfile in sections, how about merging modfile #49 with this one? Mainly the items and cosmetic mods. Will have to start from scratch with some characters I made.. there are just so many new additions I want for Valen it's mind boggling lmao. Once you see the spells n stuff, you will get what I mean :smiley:

I am already lvling a couple chars to test-edit now. Should have them rdy this evening.

Edit: Ok I did a fiddling and tried both modfiles at the same time and failed rofl! It was close though haha. If you merge the 2 modfiles I'll have to remake the character to edit.
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, here is the merge. I was able to run it and the previous saved game. I am running the repackaged version of the .obb. I included everything from 49 plus Sheena and of course the mods in v2.

Hope all goes well for your system.
    Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited July 2018
    @Gusinda Thanks alot there my good Sir!
    Shall give it a go today.

When I was unpacking the goods, I got an error for a file called CLABRN01. Not sure what it is but, if there are any probs in the future, I blame it lol.

Add: meh, since I am up.. why not..
    Got a character request if you wouldn't mind.
    Can you make a character/ shadow sorcerer with all the new shadow spells in the spellbook? If not all, what you can fit. Then slap a purple viper buff glow on him
    Increase the innate skill-charges to be even for all.. 5 charges should be fine. Will also need the purple dragon shapechange as well.
    That should do it. On a side note, if you have a look at the animation when the shadow sorcerer casts a spell, I was wondering if that could be used to animate a buff of some kind? The idea is for a spell or shield to use that animation for the duration of the buff.

Edit: crap, forgot.. add stat books and make a male and female of the sorc.
    @Xhoblaim, give this a whirl. I think I got what you were after. I left Imoen in the party so you just need to throw her out if she isn't required.

Haven't check the animation yet.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited July 2018
    @Gusinda Ahhhhhh!!!! FML!!! They were supposed to be elf avatars..... I am so sorry....
    Vamp race would be cool also.. *sniff (LMFAO).
    Mybad bro, I even forgot about the contingency and sequencer spells.. pls add those as well. Tysm
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, changed the race for Shade to Vampire and the Avatar to Elf. For the female version, changed both to Elf. If you want her to be Vamp as well, let me know... Also added the additional spells.

Gus
    edited July 2018
    @Gusinda thnx man :smiley:
    Got a question, is it possible to set a permanent contingency spell? Kinda like how you do the viper buff..
    Second question, is it possible to 1.change the spirits summoned from the shamans class ability to shadows like Valens summon? 2. Giving this skill to Valen may require a class change. If he must become a shaman, is it possible to give him the shadow magic spells?

I'm trying to figure how to rebuild him lol.
    edited July 2018
    @Gusinda oh, I see you forgot the stat books.. can you toss those in? And maybe change the vecna robes passive color to dark black? It's a light grey when I put it on for some reason lol.

I also think I may have figured a way around this constitution issue with the shadow sorcerers... Can you give them the immortality like hexxant? Jus curious..
    @Xhoblaim, shall have a bash at it.

What is the problem with the constitution?

Gus
    edited July 2018
    @Gusinda the spells drain the hell out of it.. no biggie but, I'll need more con than vanilla will provide lol.
    @Xhoblaim, sorry about the delay. I have been away from my PC for the last couple of days.
    Re Constitution:
    Uhm yeah... when installing the mod, the following came up as a selection:

Please choose one of the following:
    [1] Constitution drain on cast
    [2] Drain Current Hit Points on cast
    [3] Drain Maximum Hit Points on cast
    [4] No Cost

I, of course, selected 1 (seemed reasonable at the time)..., on the next install, I shall select No Cost. That should fix the Constitution problem. :*

I have uploaded the modified saved game. When I went looking at the Robe, it showed as Black. If it is still showing grey for you, I will have another look. Books are now included.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda woot thnx alot man :smiley:
    The robes still show a greyish color. When I change to the hooded look, my shoulder pads etc. are still grey looking. Maybe it is black but needs to be a darker one? When looking at the male, you can see the dark black from his primary and secondary colors but, look at his clothing and there's a greyish tint. I assume it's the passive color as I have other chars with this

I hope this explains better.. :wink:
    edited August 2018
    @Gusinda Oh yeah, speaking of next install..
    How goes the shaman idea? Oooooh jus had an idea! What if the spirits they summon were black instead of the ghost look lol. The way they are animated is really nice.

Edit: I have another idea lol. Are you able to edit the animation of the globe for the "Belt of Minor Globe invulnerability"? I really like that belt and thought it would be awesome if when it triggered, it looks like the shadow magic version lol. Would also be convenient for my char HA! Lol.
    @Xhoblaim - Lets try this one... I have rebuilt the mod with no cost to casting spells. Also, it should now show the armour as black (I hope). I couldn't just change the animation for the belt but I could change the spell. On Shade, you now have two belts to play with, one with 20 (Shar version) and one with 10 (normal version). This will allow you to compare...

Haven't yet had time to look at the Sharman. It's pruning time for the fruit trees and grape vines and I've been busy with them...

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited August 2018
    @Gudinda awesome stuff, thnx! Yo I was checking out some spells and found one that's kinda broken (due to the structure of the modfile) but has a really cool animation..
    The shadow spell icon looks like the Implosion spell, ya know.. the one that has 3 arrows facing the same point. the animation causes a really nice bubble effect that I would like changed to the shadow stoneskin spell..
    I don't wanna waste such a great animation lol.
    Also, can you give the shadow fireball a dmg increase? Not major, maybe another 10-15dmg. Such a massive animation and it hits like b*tch lol.

Thanks in advance!

Nice deal with the plants, hope they bare some juicy fruits! :smiley:

Edit: Oh yeah almost forgot, the staff of the magi.. can you make it look like the staff of rhynn but purple, with a pulse, and the projectile color to purple as well? Muwhaha this would be excellent.
    Gusinda