Skip to content

[MOD] Neera dialogue expansion and flirts

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Coriander Give it a few days! :D Just working out the best way to do it, since we're making some other changes early next year and I don't want to make things harder for ourselves.
    Cuv
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Kaeloree Alright then... just get it done before BG2EE is out :P
    CuvLiamEslerCrevsDaak
    @Coriander *salutes* Yes ma'am!

We should have some cool mods out for BG2EE on release, so I definitely want to highlight them and such. And, you know, make all my favourite NPCs and such compatible for those authors who are no longer around. I may not sleep for a few weeks there. :P
    Cuv
  • MisseMisse Member Posts: 16
    Kaeloree said:

Due to the fact that I see this *all the time* on the forums, I've added two new components. The first allows women to romance

Pure Awesome! I've been looking for just that since I bought BG:EE. Means I can finally ditch my workaround solution :)
    LiamEslerCrevsDaak
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    @Kaeloree thanks for the work , Neera needed more text. The bad thing is that I dont want to play it again until the mod is finished .... when i read beta its like ... wait wait wait xDD
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    sorry if this has been asked, do i have to start a new game to update this mod?
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38

sorry if this has been asked, do i have to start a new game to update this mod?

No its already stated that the conversations should activate after a while. (about an hour and a half) :)

• BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Thanks Kaeloree. Well done dialogue/story mods are great.
    @laptopman666 @Jason_Solverain It should start after whatever interval you selected at install :)

I would really appreciate it if anybody who's installed the mod could let me know if conversations are firing; they are in my game, but I've had at least one report where they didn't seem to fire at all.
    im on it, just recluted neera in a new game
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Kaeloree said:

Actually, Neera and Edwin can't be in the same party together--Edwin leaves the party if you let her join.

You can have both of them if you get Neera first though.

Anyway, no bugs to report so far. I installed the mod and loaded a save ~two weeks in, and her mod dialogues as well as vanilla quest/romance talks seem to trigger as they should.

edited December 2012
    @Kaeloree

Its firing , but missing string in all of them
    @Arctic Hmm, are you sure you followed CamDawg's instructions fully (particularly the linking of the TLK)? There definitely shouldn't be any missing strings.

@Shin Huh, I hadn't thought of that. The main reason I don't want to write banter between the two of them is because I simply cannot imagine Neera being in a party with Edwin in BG, and any banter I write would end in one of them leaving, so... probably best I leave it alone :D

Thanks for the confirmation on the dialogues! Glad it's all working as intended!
    Shin
    edited December 2012
    @Kaeloree yes , its linked, playing in spanish but it should put the new strings in the linked one , the same way bg2tweaks do (just on english those ones but it works ), in this case , all strings are missing.
    just wanted to say you've done a wonderful job with your work so far kaeloree. makes the game seem more lively which is definately what this game needs. thanks for all your hard work
    edited December 2012
    @Arctic I think I know what it is--the version at SHS will only work with the en_US tlk due to the way the wrapper bat works. If you copy and rename weidu.exe to setup-neera.exe and click that to install, it should work fine. :)

@laptopman666 Thank you! I wish I had more time to write stuff for the other new NPCs, but I'm glad at least I got Neera some new content :)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Kaeloree Seems to be a missing word in the player-initiated flirt opening, state 499 in neeraj.dlg: Was there something you needed there, or do just like the sound of your own voice? - Should be 'or do you just like...' I believe.
    Thanks @Shin! Fixed in next version :)
    hey just wanted to say with the dec 14 patch it broke the flirts dialogue- the strings missing error came up as conversation options, i fixed it by simply reinstalling the mod, and it picked up right where i left of with neera (same flirt options etc.) just wanted to post this incase anyone had this issue. just trying to help :)
    @laptopman666 Yep, all patches will break mods--a quick reinstall will fix generally. :)
    yea i didnt mean to be painfully obviously rofl sorry, just trying to do my part :P
    @laptopman666 Definitely not painfully obvious! If you didn't post it, I'm sure someone else would, as it *will* be a problem going forward. :D
    @Kaeloree It dont work for me that way . Dont even install . lets wait for next version xDD
    didnt work as in how? maybe we can help you
  • LaughingManLaughingMan Member Posts: 65
    @Kaeloree Two questions:

1) Would you say this mod is now more or less in its final form (barring tweaks, fixes, and minor copy changes)?

2) Will it work if installed after completing the base romance with Neera? If not, what flags/etc. need to be changed to make it work?

Thanks for all of this, again.

:)
    1) The talks and the flirts are their more-or-less final form, but I'm hesitant to say there won't be major changes or additions in the future (such as new talks or banters). For this reason I'd rather people hold off on translating, etc. for the time being :)

2) Absolutely!
  • ForsetiForseti Member Posts: 1
    Can't seem to extract the files for number 6 with winrar. Says that its empty.
    Yeah, I seem to be having the same problem--will reupload when I can!
    edited December 2012
    New version up (which now works) with fixed tokens, so now CHARNAME etc works :) thanks Wisp!

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1022-neera-expansion/
    DinsdalePiranha
  • HarielHariel Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2012
    I'm new to the idea of adding mods to BG so I'm sure I've done something stupid but I just can't force this one to work :P I followed all the instructions posted in one of the topics but when Neera initiate added dialog I can see only a blank dialog window. After clicking few times on it I can choose a reply but numbers 3 and 4 are missing strings (and I don't see both 1 and 2). I'm using windows 7 and I've already tried linking dialog.tlk and dialogF.tlk from English and my own language but both had the same effect :(

Edit: @Kaeloree I've tried the solution you suggested few posts ago about similar problem but all I've got is: ERROR [install_neera_setup.tp2] not found. Make sure that you have unpacked the archive correctly and that you are not trying to run this file from inside the archive.[D:\Gry\BeamDog\00766\install_setup.exe] Using scripting style "BG1"
    Post edited by Hariel on