Skip to content

[MOD] Neera dialogue expansion and flirts

Comments

• MisseMisse Member Posts: 16
    Quick question, @Kaeloree: Does this mod require me to start on a save prior to meeting Neera? She doesn't seem very chatty in my latest save.
    The readme does state the first talk "should begin an hour and a half after you recruit her", but I had kinda hoped it would also start (and make sense) a few hours into any save with her. ^_^
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    It should start in any save, yep, just make sure you downloaded the version after I made the fix mentioned on the last page :-)
    edited December 2012
    That is what I did, but Neera has remained silent through playing 2 maps and resting 3 times so far.

Is there an easy way to check that installation worked?

Does it require any specific version of BG:EE? After going through the installation (including prep work for weidu), I noticed my launcher said a new version was out, but I didn't dare update for the fear that it would undo the installation I just completed.

Is the hour and a half perhaps real time played and not in-game hours.. if so I need to play a bit more and feel rather silly ^_^
    Real time, yep ;-)
    Dakk on SHS asked me if I'd included any PID, to which I answered no (as I don't tend to like PID myself)--but if anyone has any particular ideas for things they'd like to ask Neera etc, feel free to post them and I might think about it in a future version :)
    PID? Not familiar with that abbreviation.

Anyway, it's working beautifully here, and it's nice to have Neera chatty again. Thanks a lot for this :)
    @Misse Sorry! PID = Player initiated dialogue, or dialogue that specifically occurs if you forcetalk an NPC :)

Good to know! Let me know what you think when you're done, I'd love some feedback, positive or negative!
    Ugh, now I'm thinking about flirts/PID!

Would the romantically inclined enjoy some light flirting with Neera, or is this something I should maybe set aside in favor of perhaps looking at the other NPCs or banters?
    I'm a sucker for flirts. Hell, if the official romance had progressed just a little bit further, it might even make sense to add a few public displays of affection ^_^

As for the current mod: What I've seen so far is looking good, entertaining and reasonably in character. I'll let you know once I finish, but at 1½ - 2 hours real time between chats, it will take me days with what time I currently have to play in. I'm not complaining, but don't expect it soon ;)
    Jason_Silverain
    @Misse Anytime is good ;) I tried to time it as well as I could, but let me know if the talks seem too spaced apart/too frequent in relation to the length of your playthrough.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @Kaeloree Made a new neutral char so I could try this out :) decided looking through all the text didn't get the feeling across as much as just playing with her would do :) I will get back to you with results, but from what I can tell, may take me a while to see them all.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Could I suggest adding a beta file which triggers dialogue every 15-20 minutes? That would make it easier for testers to look at all the dialogue ingame. :)
    IchigoRXC
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    i personally would enjoy a few more romantic chats, but thats just me
    edited December 2012
    @IchigoRXC Thanks! Hope you enjoy.

@Tome Just uploaded a new version at SHS (same link), and you can now choose how much time you'd like between most of the talks. :)

@laptopman666 Thanks for the feedback, I'm not sure how much romantic content I want to add, as I know Beamdog are concentrating on that in SoA and I don't want to move much further in that direction as a result. But I will definitely keep it in mind if I think of anything!
    Started work on some flirts, because I do feel a bit bad for the romantically inclined! Don't expect anything phenomenal, but it should keep you entertained for a while ;)
    And for those interested, I've just written and added a whole bunch of flirts for those so inclined! These can be accessed once you've had your first lovetalk with Neera via force-talk.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1022-neera-expansion/

Let me know what you think!
    Ah, awesome! Will check out at first opportunity :)
    LiamEsler
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @Kaeloree bummer gonna have to role a male character now to try out the flirts :p
    LiamEsler
  • EphantEphant Member Posts: 19
    I'll give her some time for a final dialogue, if she stays silent I'm trying out you mod :) if not, probably trying it anyway :P
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    thanks for the update on the romantic aspect, appreciate it
    @laptopman666 No problem ;)
  • SelvanSelvan Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2012
    Newbie question ;) -> I'm in chapter 3 right now, and Neera is my companion for a very long time. Romance status is 3. Question is: I must start over again or additional banters will show up normally after specific (in installation) real time?
    Misse - I've just read You have the same problem - Neera is silent for 2 location... Timer set to 15 minutes
    Flirt are working correctly, but it's PID :) Something may be wrong?

Anyway, I start translate it into Polish :P
    Post edited by Selvan on
    @Selvan, please don't start translating! This is still a beta, and it's pretty likely things are going to change between this and the final release. It's very kind of you to do so, but generally with mods it's best to wait until you've got the permission of the mod author to ensure that there won't be any more changes.

The additional dialogues with the PC should show up after 15 minutes of real time. If it's been more than half an hour, could you send your save file to the email in the installer?

The flirts are PID, yes, that's generally what player initiated flirts are :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I haven't had this party mix yet but does Neera reacts to the fact Edwin is a Red Wizard? If not it should certainly be modded in :)
    CuvCrevsDaak
    Wouldn't it be interesting to override his leaving? Just imagine the nice interactions between Neera, Edwin, Dynaheir and Minsc :)
    @mlnevese Perhaps, but it's not really something I'm willing to do in this mod. I'm sure there'll be other happy-patches out at some point :)
    edited December 2012
    @Kaeloree Ok :) Perhaps someone will do it in a future mod.
    New version up, with thanks to @Jalily for hunting down the references, Neera will now correctly refer to the PC's gender where it comes up.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1022-neera-expansion/
    LaughingManJalilyMisse
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    No BGEE section at SHS?