Skip to content

[MOD] Neera dialogue expansion and flirts

Comments

• markthesharkmarktheshark Member Posts: 57
    I haven't had a single new dialogue with Neera since I installed this. The flirts work, but that's it.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Hariel In order to make it compatible, you can edit the .bat file and link to the correct TLKs for your language. :)
    Hariel
    @marktheshark Would you be able to email me your savegame to liam.esler@gmail.com? I'd be happy to take a look.
  • Good day, and thank you for adding to our enjoyment of this classic game. I just downloaded and installed update #7. After the update, all of the Neera text just displays as missing string and a number. I reinstalled this mod and now they are back.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Hello!

After installing this mod, I noticed Neera attempted to initiate a dialog during this combat encounter.

Not sure if this has much to do with your mod, since it's her original dialog content, but I hadn't seen this kind of timing before installing the mod.
    @Nifft Definitely not me, I'm afraid! Sometimes the out-of-combat triggers can be a bit clunky, but I'm not sure what's happening there.
    Nifft
  • KharKhar Member Posts: 5
    I ran into a bug... During the initial dialogue with Baeloth (in Larswood) I'm getting sentences of the conversation with Neera about food and hygiene. (Version of the game: 1.0.2012).
    @Khar You didn't happen to update the game and reinstall the mod, did you, by any chance? Or anything like that? What did you do with your dialog.tlk?

Basically, it sounds like your dialog.tlk has some wrong string references. There's not a whole lot you can do apart from deleting your dialog.tlk and override directories, updating your game from within the Beamdog client, reinstalling your mods and starting a new game.
  • KharKhar Member Posts: 5
    @Kaeloree I tried both reinstall and uninstall of the mode. Nothing changed.
    So I gone "blindfolded" through the dialogue and left Baelor behind. I'm not willing to bother with that anymore.

Thanks for your effort with the mod anyway.
    @Khar Just uninstalling and reinstalling the mod won't do it--you need to be sure to delete your dialog.tlk (the version in your language directory and any ones you've copied), update the game and then reinstall the mod. :)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Kaeloree
    Hi there!
    A friend of mine, @totuccio5, would like to translate this mod in italian. He thinks that the quality of this mod is stunning and he really enjoyed the way you write.
    Could you send him the .tra files, please?
  • mfr001mfr001 Member Posts: 43
    Very impressive additions to Neera's conversations, the tone seems to fit in just right. Thanks for creating this mod.

Only one problem not caused by the mod was that I did not check that 7-zip was set to preserve directory structure when unpacking. It wasn't, so I thought this might be a useful check for anyone else who has problems installing.

Now to find a convenient brick wall and bang my head off it.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    *whistles*
  • sithlord344sithlord344 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Nvm
    Post edited by sithlord344 on
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16185/trying-to-compile-weidu-in-mac-osx

Any suggestions/simple instructions a duck could follow (because I swear they are brilliant!)/plans to create a mac version of the mod?
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    Did you copy the dialog.tlk back into the language folder where you got it from after installing the mod? I was running into something a bit like that before I realized I had to.
    Aha! Thanks :)
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    I'm having a small problem with this mod, random conversation strings of Neera appear as class names during the character creation, names of random people in Candlekeep and even names of items for sale by Wintrop.

These are the mods I have installed:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks in advance for help.
    A couple of things to keep in mind with dialog mods is that you can't make a savegame, then uninstall/reinstall mods, and go back to using the savegame. It's always best to create a new savegame after changing elements of your mod install, because otherwise there's the potential the strings will be messed up as is the case here.

My only advice is to start a new game, I'm afraid.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    Kaeloree said:

A couple of things to keep in mind with dialog mods is that you can't make a savegame, then uninstall/reinstall mods, and go back to using the savegame. It's always best to create a new savegame after changing elements of your mod install, because otherwise there's the potential the strings will be messed up as is the case here.

My only advice is to start a new game, I'm afraid.

The good thing is I only just started the game, but unfortunately, the strings from Neera's romance are even located in place of, for example, Cleric kit names in the class selection screen.

I'd have thought it has to do with the subclasses mod, but the Neera's strings are even in place of random things' names in Candlekeep

Maybe I should just reinstall all the mods and try it again.
  • xenophonxenophon Member Posts: 17
    Is this mod compatible with 1.2?
  • Princess_SarahPrincess_Sarah Member Posts: 39
    @LiamEsler‌ thank you so much for taking the time to make this and sharing it with the rest of us - great mods that make a game feel new again are always appreciated.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • NivekSirrahNivekSirrah Member Posts: 2
    So, any news about giving Neera a flirt pack for BG2:EE? Would love to have more things to do with her if possible.
    SCARY_WIZARDNonnahswriter
  • JitterBugJitterBug Member Posts: 37
    I've Tried to install this multiple times and have had no luck. I just get Invalid: 34751 or other such and such on every dialog. I install it into Steam/SteamApps/Common/Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition. I've installed it as per the instructions each time. Ive redone my over ride and verified integrity of game cache and than reinstalled it. But seems no matter what I do it doesn't work. Would appreciate some help as I'd really like to use it.
  • novotny999novotny999 Member Posts: 10
    can anybody send me working archive here? I can´t download from shs forums due to unexpected end of archive bug. Thanks
  • SpodacusSpodacus Member Posts: 7
    So if i install now I have to make a new game to start the dialog? (new to bg mods)
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    Hi

SHS forums seems to be dead for me. is there anywhere else i can find a link to the download?

regards
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    I too was hoping to find a link to this mod. The SHS link doesn't work :(

Was looking to use the Rasaad compenent specifically. Any other way to get a m/m romance with him in BGEE and BG2EE?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited August 2016
    @Madrict: I just checked, and the link works fine for me.

If it opens all kinds of gibberish text, then that's an issue with your browser. Go back one page, rightclick the link, and choose to save the file, rather than opening it. If that doesn't fix the issue, try a different browser.
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    Thels said:

@Madrict: I just checked, and the link works fine for me.

If it opens all kinds of gibberish text, then that's an issue with your browser. Go back one page, rightclick the link, and choose to save the file, rather than opening it. If that doesn't fix the issue, try a different browser.

Hmm odd, for me the download link for the latest version just downloads a notepad file filled with gibberish D: