Skip to content

A Simple XP cap remover. Now compatible with Siege of Dragonspear!

Comments

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    @mlnevese Could you please modify the files for remove the xp cap from bgee+sod?
    Thanks in advance (even if you will not do it;))
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Daevelon It already does that. I had forgotten multiplayer but I fixed the problem.
    mlnevese said:

@Daevelon It already does that. I had forgotten multiplayer but I fixed the problem.

Man, i'm straight but i have to say that i love you very much.
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    Don't know if I did something wrong but I copied the four files into my override folder and used console command to give my character XP but it was limited to 500.000 XP
    @PeLLeT_RSD Make sure your override folder is created in the same folder chitin.key is located. Also if uncompressing directly inside the override folder be careful not to create an override folder inside the override folder as the zip file was made so that it uncompresses creating a new folder.
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    mlnevese said:

@PeLLeT_RSD Make sure your override folder is created in the same folder chitin.key is located. Also if uncompressing directly inside the override folder be careful not to create an override folder inside the override folder as the zip file was made so that it uncompresses creating a new folder.

Instead of giving extra 500K XP to my char I was setting the XP to 500K. That's why I thought it was not working. Nevermind.

Everything is working fine. Thanks for your mod!
    edited April 2016
    @PeLLeT_RSD I made the same mistake the first time I saw the givexp option in the new console :)
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    Did I miss something obvious? The XP cap remover doesn't seem to work correctly. After making the selections in the level up menu the "DONE" button is still inactive and you cannot exit the screen necessitating me to either kill the game via the Task Manager or ALT+F4. The same thing happens in both the Beamdog & GOG versions of SoD for me.

Did I miss something obvious? The XP cap remover doesn't seem to work correctly. After making the selections in the level up menu the "DONE" button is still inactive and you cannot exit the screen necessitating me to either kill the game via the Task Manager or ALT+F4. The same thing happens in both the Beamdog & GOG versions of SoD for me.

How much XP did you have? Because it works like this when you reach the HLA
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    It doesnt work for me. I put the override folder into the 0766 folder but it doesnt work. By the way, there is another file in the override that I didnt put. It came with the installation. It is GUICHISF.MOS. Anybody knows what is that? Could it be interfering?
    @helmo1977 Can you post a screenshot of your game folder?
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    edited April 2016
    helmo1977 said:

It doesnt work for me. I put the override folder into the 0766 folder but it doesnt work. By the way, there is another file in the override that I didnt put. It came with the installation. It is GUICHISF.MOS. Anybody knows what is that? Could it be interfering?

Make sure all .2da files mentioned in the first post are in your override. That means STARTARE, STARTBP, XPCAP, and of course, SODSTRTA.2da.
    The .mos file isn't causing any problems, that's a new UI file.

Edit: It also just occurred to me that 00766 is the directory for BGEE. You need to do this in the override of 00806 for Siege of Dragonspear.
    Post edited by Abdel_Adrian on
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    OK, I fixed it making a new override folder into the games folder 0877 (or something like that). It seems the installer installed the game in a different folder than BGEE (it was the installer, not me, I swear). That is probably why I am having issues loading games.
    helmo1977 said:

OK, I fixed it making a new override folder into the games folder 0877 (or something like that). It seems the installer installed the game in a different folder than BGEE (it was the installer, not me, I swear). That is probably why I am having issues loading games.

BGEE is 00766
    BG2EE is 00783
    IWDEE is 00798
    and
    SoD has its own game directory separate from BGEE at 00806.

If you install the xp cap remover in BGEE and it works, then it should work in SoD (with all the right 2das edited). You just have to make sure you install it in the specific directory of the game you want to mod. It's intentional that SoD has its own directory, the installer worked correctly.
    Also be sure you're opening the correct launcher. BGEE and SoD have separate launchers, but I can confirm this xp cap remover works for me on all enhanced IE games.
    Daevelon said:

How much XP did you have? Because it works like this when you reach the HLA

3.6 million, I wanted to see how SoD handled 20th level characters. Pressing "Enter" as described in the original post doesn't advance past the level up screen as it worked previous to the 2.0 update. I guess I'll have to wait until EET is completed. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
    Daevelon said:

3.6 million, I wanted to see how SoD handled 20th level characters. Pressing "Enter" as described in the original post doesn't advance past the level up screen as it worked previous to the 2.0 update. I guess I'll have to wait until EET is completed. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Any xp value above 161k for BGEE and 500k for SoD should at least show you if your xp cap removal is working properly, but testing HLAs will require a mod.
    I know a few add HLAs to BGEE, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. My Eldritch Magic mod includes HLAs in BGEE as a beta component, it's actually quite polished, but is mostly just because my kits remove the xp cap. Feel free to try out that one component and any others you'd like.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49591/mod-eldritch-magic-bgee-bg2ee-iwdee#latest
    Sorry for the shameless promotion :)
    @ValamirCleaver I don't know if the mod that adds HLAs to the EE version currently work. You can download the mod here.
    mlnevese said:

@ValamirCleaver I don't know if the mod that adds HLAs to the EE version currently work. You can download the mod here.

How silly of me.... I point out how others need to carefully check which directory they install to and which launcher they use...but my HLAs only work for BGEE and not SoD. Sorry about that!
    Thank you both @Abdel_Adrian and @mlnevese for replying. I tried CoM_Solaufein's HLA mod, but it does not seem to work on SoD. Still get stuck on the level up screen after making selections and have to externally kill the game. I guess I'll have to wait until EET is completed.
    @ValamirCleaver I'm confident a SoD compatible HLA mod will surface soon, it's still early. I'll try to work on it myself, but I'm just an amateur hobbyist messing with some files..
    @ValamirCleaver It had occurred to me there could be problems with the new class and some other changes but it was worthy a try :)
    @mlnevese I was thinking about that as well, but it was never a problem before to add HLAs for one class and not another; I can't see why the lack of Shaman HLAs (which are just druid HLAs, or close, right?) would mess up fighter, or mage HLAs. I'm thinking there has to be another SoD specific file somewhere, hopefully accessible.
    Geez, I've already spent more time modding SoD than I have playing it.
    @Abdel_Adrian I need to find time to review the entire 2da list. By numbers alone I know there are more new files to check compared to an EE install without SoD...
    @mlnevese Definitely a few more. It's likely just as easy as the xp cap SoD fix though.
  • zolopzolop Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2016
    hello mlnevese. Is it possible to know what level the HLA's are selectable at their level (per class) and have the XP cap go until that point? Until at least the HLA's are added by the modding community? Would it be an easy undertaking. if I had the time. to put that XP on that and be able to import the character/save games into the sequals/expansions? I really wish beamdog would put a gameplay option in for no XP cap (with HLAs).

Thank you!

Edit: is 2.95 million the highest XP amount before you get your HLA options?
    zolop said:

hello mlnevese. Is it possible to know what level the HLA's are selectable at their level (per class) and have the XP cap go until that point? Until at least the HLA's are added by the modding community? Would it be an easy undertaking. if I had the time. to put that XP on that and be able to import the character/save games into the sequals/expansions? I really wish beamdog would put a gameplay option in for no XP cap (with HLAs).

Thank you!

Every class gains their fist HLA at whatever level they hit at 3M xp. Set the cap to 2999999 xp instead of -1 and you'll always cap out right before the first HLA. Not that you'd ever get that high xp even in a SoD solo w/o cheating.
  • zolopzolop Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2016
    thank you Abdel. So I did not see this on the list of replies. I have a bunch of folders and I am not sure where I should place the files...

d:\Games\Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear\Data\00806\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app
    d:\Games\Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear\Data\00806\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app.dSYM
    d:\Games\Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear\Data\00806\data
    d:\Games\Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear\Data\00806

I am guessing I would make a override folder in the last directory?
    d:\Games\Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear\Data\00806
    I think so. It must be the same folder where the chitin.key file is located.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416

Not that you'd ever get that high xp even in a SoD solo w/o cheating.

Are you sure about that? The cap is at 500k. If the cap can be reached as easily as the BG1 cap can in a group of 6, then soloing would earn you 6 times that XP, which is 3 million.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Hello, I was wanting to just set the cap in BGEE to its SoD cap, 500k. SoD I didn't want to change. Can this be done with this mod?