Skip to content

A Simple XP cap remover. Now compatible with Siege of Dragonspear!

1234568»

Comments

• TundramanTundraman Member Posts: 9
    I have purchased this for pc and ported my save so the EXP cap remover works (success there! almost!) 2/3 of my characters can now earn EXP as the cap intends, however, my Shaman is stuck gaining EXP but with -1 as the to-next-level amount, capping them at an unclickable "ready to level up" - any ideas how to fix this minor glitch in using this cap remover?
  • KskaietxaKskaietxa Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2019
    Someone know if it works with BG2EE ? Here it seems no.Sorry for my english
    Post edited by Kskaietxa on
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    The most comprehensive and reliable XP cap remover, for all games, remains the one in Tweaks Anthology.
  • TrellyTrelly Member Posts: 1
    I am playing on GoG's BG1:Enhanced Edition, hit the 161,000 cap. Downloaded and installed the cap remover thanks to mlnevese. It worked right away!

Thanks very much, it was annoying hitting the (absurdly) low cap.
  • SpudSpud Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up the game and I think I installed this correctly, is there any way to check apart from working my way to the cap and seeing if it's there?
  • KFinnKFinn Member Posts: 8
    I seemed to have hit a bug after exporting my character to BG2EE.

In BG1EE I installed the XP cap remover in the first post and changed all values in each file to 250,000. I killed Saverok and then imported to BG2EE. My character started with just a bit more xp than what he ended with. My main character already leveled up once, but now hit 250,000 and stopped. Also it seems Imoen and Yoshimo get unequal and ridiculous amounts of xp. Yoshimo joined my party at level 10 (166,000 something xp), for comparison Imoen started at 95,000 (level 8 wizard), I think Minsc joined around 160,000 (level 8) . Imoen leveled up crazy fast, up to level 9 but no one else leveled up as fast. Now currently Imoen is at 139923xp and Yoshimo at 175745. I disarm two traps and their xp jumps to 250,437 (a difference of 110,514 and 74,255 respectively).

Does anyone know what is going on? And how do I fix this?
  • TwintailMaiden48TwintailMaiden48 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2020
    It’s a bit late but the override folder nor the 00766 doesn’t seem to exist in the installation folder of my Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition... How am I supposed to do this? Should I copy the downloaded override folder to my Baldur’s Gate EE’s installation folder?

Update:
    Oh nevermind, just made it work XD a big thanks :smiley:
  • PapaKaiPapaKai Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2020
    @mlnevese Thanks so much for this post!
    For iPad Users - Like others I had some issues with just putting the files in an ipad-created folder and copying it into BG or SOD. But I used info at https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66644/how-to-install-mods-on-ios-devices-no-jailbreak/p1
    And properly created an override folder that works. Here is the attached override folder with your files.

Users must:
    1) Change the downloaded file name and delete the “.zip” extension so that it is named “mod.bg1override”
    2) Email to self or use DropBox, etc. and copy the file to BG:EE or SOD.

I found that I can do this even in the middle of a saved game and the XP cap will be removed. No PC connection or other editor needed. FYI - I left the character class settings at “-1” (no cap) rather than a specific number
  • PapaKaiPapaKai Member Posts: 2
    @mlnevese Any chance you could do this for IWD and BG2:EE?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @PapaKai Shouldn't be hard but I don't currently have the games or the tools installed.
  • HocapontasHocapontas Member Posts: 5
    I Lvled up my team to lvl 41in BG II EE, but when I did that, all spells became obsolete. The only way to cast spells now is by using scrolls. Is there something I have to do in one of the overrides to fix this? Or did I screw up?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @Hocapontas The amount of spells available (and a lot of other levelbased stuff) are basically a table with a row for each class level. Since the default max level is 40, there are no rows for level 41 and above. Therefor, no spells are found, so it defaults to 0 spells per spell level.