Skip to content

Tales of the Underdark

Comments

• KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    edited December 2012
    As the bag opens up a tired and hungry looking cleric falls out...

(DM) turn end
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    edited December 2012
    Personality:

Rayén is a bubbly, happy go lucky type of Elf. She often day dreams, is forgetful at the worst of times and has everyone's best interests at heart. However she has a sharp, poisonous tongue whenever the situation requires a blunt mannerism and tries to hide the fact she deeply cares behind this rude manner. Do not be fooled by her outer shell; Inside she is as mean as a Dragon and harsh as the winter in the Dales. She can be relentlessly unforgiving at times, though she tries to reason and keep optimistic at all times. She'll befriend anyone she thinks can handle her odd tendencies. She's also naive and will trust anyone until actions show her that her trust was misplaced, she is also sometimes completely batty and her humour can often be of a darkened nature.

Extra Description/Fleshed Out Details?:

Although Rayén is forgetful, she will never forget anyone who has betrayed her or got on the bad side of her.
    Rayén has a smile that is both warm and welcoming but concerning and worrying.
    Rayén has hip long, silky ginger hair and it usually glistens in the sunlight. Her skin is as soft as a blanket, her eyes are pale blue, her nose is small and defined. (If Avariel is allowed: Her wings are unusually small, they arch beautifully, they are also warm and soothing to the touch.)
    Rayén's favourite colour is a Yoke colour.

Story:

Rayén doesn't remember any of her past however she dreams often about things to real to be imagined. The only thing she knows for certain is she was forever cursed, or perhaps gifted, to lead the life of a Woman rather than her original Male Gender as she has an identified ring powerfully enchanted to be fixated onto her right pinky that has the power to change their wearers gender.

Statistics:

Height: 5"0
    Age: (Human Years) 19, though she has the doubts she could be older.
    Class: Cleric of Selune.
    Race: Avariel (Winged Folk(WInged Elf for anyone who doesn't know)) (if we're not allowing Avariel then she's a Moon Elf haha)
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
    Weapon Profiencies(?): Quaterstaves, Slings.

Stats:

15 Strength
    10 Dexterity
    12 Constitution
    9 Intelligence (Due to her being forgetful, she isn't very bright!)
    18 Wisdom
    18 Charisma (Due to the Rings magics)

P.S Look forward to the Adventure with you all! :D

(end turn? XD)
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    LadyRhian said:

Here's what my character looks like, except she's a lot more muscular, her hair is an even brighter red, and she's wearing more armor...

OOC:
    So nothing like her at all? Lol.

Naw course not @icecreamtub - we can still write you in lol. Right @Knoland ?
    I'm small and tainty in roleplaying, I can fit in anywhere :3 *Avariel Eyes* Please oh please!! @fitscotgaymer
  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    Ebnar unsheaths his axes and points them to the approaching voice ushuring from the darkness, he scowls and readys for an attack. From the shadows a tall woman appears, dirty and looking rather weathered but still attractive. Snorting the Dwarf begins swaying his axes back and forth.

"Aye not so fast lass! I nay have any more damnable dark elf tricks done played on me!"

Growling he takes a step forward.

"What ye doing down ere!? I be finding it hard to believe anyone done survive in this hole by themselves with Drow lurking about!"

He spits and twists his axes in each hand, he eyes her up catiously.

"And by the look of ye you done been ere for awhile! Nay it too convinient!! Ye be working with the darknskins aint ye!? Or that back stabbing old man at the entrance!! Come on! out wid it!!"

He tightens his axes and watches the shadows around her, half expecting a legion of Drow to come pouring out from the darkness. His attention is drawn to the release of the captive in the cell behind him, he allows an eye to peer around noticing a female elf emerge from the sack. Grumbling he shifts his vision back forward keeping his eyes locked on Lorianne.

"Thats all we be needing! another damn Elf! as if the finger waggling Elf and Drow lurking about was nay enough!"

He snorts in the direction of Tanthalas. He then looks over at Demeisen who was helping the female elf escape the sack.

"Stop playing hero for a moment and done help me keep an eye on the half-giant lass ere!! less you happy with dark elf arrow sticking out ye back!"

Ebnar snarls.

-End Turn-

OOC: on a side note welcome @LadyRhian and @Icecreamtub to our little shindig in the darkness.
    Dreyy said:

OOC:

What's OOC mean? :o
  • AshtoneAshtone Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2012
    As the dirty sacking of the bag falls away Demeisen sits back on his haunches relaxing. He resheaths his belt knife and looks over the disorientated and dirty figure. Snorting softly, he turns his head slightly, eyes still fixed upon the captive, and adresses Ebnar and Tanis.

"just an elf lass then"

Demeisen takes note of how small the girl is and what appears to be a pair of fragile looking wings shifting weakly on the creatures back.

"Wings? maybe not an elf then?... looks pretty feeble to me, whatever it is"

Speaking to the winged girl

"Looks like its your lucky day girl, whats one of... whatever the hell you are, doing down in the underdark? this is no place for a little slip of a flying thing..."

Demeisen takes out his dented water canteen and a strip of dried meat and offers them to the captive.

Hearing footsteps from the prison, Demeisen leaps up and turns towards the sound whipping his light crossbow round and training it on a large figure as it slips out of the darkness.
    The newcomer moves into a patch of glowing phosphorus light before the second prison cell, and despite her size, she moves with the feline grace of a warrior.

Demeisen keeps his crossbow fixed on the newcomer as he eyes her up and down. She appears to be human at first glance, wearing a set of black chainmail covered by a long dark green cloak, the hood drawn up over her head. Her long fingered hands rest easily on a pair of curved swords hanging from her hips and a heavy longbow is stored upon her back, complete with black fletched arrows.

As she speaks, Demeisens searching look is drawn to her face, despite being liberally smudged with dirt,
    he can see that under it, she is beautiful, with long red hair and peircing green eyes.

Feeling absurdly awkward demeisen clears his throat and lowers his crossbow bringing his hand up to smooth his hair, before he realises his hood is drawn up.

"Um... Greetings Lorianna Areen... what brings you to the lovely sights and scenery of the underdark?"

Demeisen smiles at Lorianna and silenty parodies his own stupid voice 'Um greetings, lady Lorianna... you idiot'

(end turn)

Dreyy said:

OOC:

What's OOC mean? :o
    OOC means 'Out of Charecter'
    edited December 2012
    The newly formed party sits on the edge of a vast abyss of wonder and nightmares contemplating their next move... Should they return back from where they came to exact revenge on deserving goblins and their master Garlash? Or delve deeper into the Underdark and uncover the plot behind these Drow? Or simply avoid all confrontation and continue on their journey for treasure...

The prison is located on a ledge by a opening that leads back to the silver mine. Below them is a vast stretching cavernous world unlike anything they have ever seen. Lorianna has lived here for some time now and will be a guide for the party. However the former companions are all but satisfied that her remarkable appearance is simply a coincidence...

And what of this "winged folk" ? The party welcomes Rayén with open arms and confusion.. Between Lorianna & Rayén however you are able to put together some reason behind your capture and that of the winged elf. It seems that the Drow from the nearby Fortress town have made a good amount of profit from the selling of people for use by the arena masters... Their involvement stretches beyond the Underdark even as they have recruited the help of Garlash and his kin and Surfacers known as the servants of the Black (humans) that worship a giant Spider regarded by the Drow as sacred and unnamed...

Orthae lu'unnám...

(DM) turn end
    Post edited by Knoland on
    IC:
    Tanis blinked in surprise at the two new companions, more particularily the winged elven companion.

"Avariel?" He wondered, "How did the drow even catch one of the winged folk?"

"Well at least now we know why that old man lured us down here..." He said.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited December 2012
    Lorianne made a face in answering Demeisen's question. "My fool companions and I were trapped by that old man at the entrance to the caverns," she says, her lips turning into a flat line as she reflects on the past. "We took a good toll amongst the goblins, but they pushed one of our companions down here, so we followed. And then the Drow ambushed my friends when I was off scouting, and I've been surviving on my own ever since. I've found where they keep their supplies, and have been lifting a little at a time, trying to find someone who could escape on their own, I've not seen my friends since, and what little my elven friend taught me of Drow makes me think they've been turned into slaves long since." She turns her face towards the party. "They've had you pegged as slaves since the moment they captured you." She looks at Ebnar. "He's slated for the mines- or perhaps the fighting arena to give them some amusement before he dies." Her eyes flick to Tanis. "The commander, well, he LIKES you." The implication inherent in the words was both shocking and disgusting. "I believe it ran something like "Being in your backside until you call him Master and beg for it."

She looks directly at Ebnar. "I don't mind if you don't trust me. Trust must be earned- on both sides."

Turn End
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
    IC:
    Tanis strode over to his gruff dwarven companion, and placed his hand on the dwarf's shoulder.

"Losing Tharadin... it... we need all the help we can get Ebnar." He said, "We should get a move on guys. As hard as it is for me to be this far underground it must be unbearable for Rayen here."

He gave Demeisen a meaningful look, before turning to scoop up his gear.

OOC:
    Speaking of gear.
    What is the extent of our provisions and whatnot?

How many meals each? Water? Shovel? Lockpick set for Demeisen? Etc...
    Ebnar grumbles to Tanthalas's comment, he switches his eyes from him and Lorianne and finally snorts and sheaths his axes. He sits down on a near by rock and mumbles to himself.

"...Fine! if ye all want to be trusting any stay stragler that done come waltsing out of the Underdark looking like the hells have been nipping at her arse then who am i to argue with sense? hmph!"

Shaking his head, he unbuckles his helmet strapped to his belt and places it on his lap and begins spit shining it with his sleeve. He mulls over Lorianne's talk of what shes seen, Ebnar cant help but smile to the thought of a battle arena, visions of mighty beasts all thrown against him and blood frenzy and heated battle resulting in his axes drenched in many powerful creatures blood. The idea loses interest after awhile and he finally scoffs at the thought.

"These damnable dark elves, only they can get amusment from done throwing captured slaves to unwillining kill each other in a pitt! fighting and war be a choice! what glory is there to be had in slaughtering slaves and beasts who were abducted from their homes and lairs? "

He spits on the ground and rubs its into the dirt with his foot. He listens as Lorianne says that the Drow commander shows an unhealthy intrest in Tanthalas, a wicked smile creeps onto the Dwarfs face, he slaps the Elfs arm and laughs.

"Be hearing that Elf? He be wanting a boy toy! Hah!"

Ebnar roars into another wave of laughter, he stops an eyes up Tanthalas who was still looking rather uneasy about being all the way down here, no doubt espieccily with so much Drow intrest in him. Grumbling, Ebnar punchs him lightly in arm in a playful manner.

"Stop looking so worried ye limp boy! I'm nay gonna let ye be wisked off to whatever dark desires ye dark skinned cousin's got whipping up for ye! ... sides ye got a fair bit of fire in ye belly Elf, nay these scum eating shadow lurkers be knowing what hit em!"

Ebnar shuffles uncomftably, clearly not use to trying to cheer people up. Lifting his Helmet up, Ebnar places the horned helmet back on his head and straps it tightly to his chin. He pushes himself up and pats his backaside down.

"But we done waisting more time! Ive yet to see any treasure and my battle lust nay getting any lighter, so lets be making a descion aye? sides seems we done got two more sorry louts at our sides now, speaks better of our chances!"

Ebnar looks at Rayen and Lorianne, he scratches his beard while eyeing up their feminity and smirks to himself, before waving his hand up.

"Bah! One of these days i hope i done find a nice Dwarven lass lurking about in the caves! nay natural to be running across human and elf girls underground!"

Ebnar snorts and turns his attention to the diffrent exits and paths ahead of them, he thinks for a moment, folding his arms.

"I say we go check out the Drow compound! These dark skinned dogs got an advantage over us down ere and they nay be expecting us to directly come to them, if we be lucky we catch them off guard! and if we be real lucky we be finding plenty of dark elves treasure ta boot!"

-Ebnar Votes Delve deeper into the Underdark to Undercover the Drow Plot-

-End Turn-
    Waiting for Demeisen, and Rayén..
    OOC:

*pokes* @Knoland

Answer question please?

*pokes* @Icecreamtub @Ashtone

Boys n girls. Come play. :-P
    @fitscotgaymer the provisions the characters have on them is subject to that which thier characters would have thought to carry? As in most role playing games we do not discount or keep an inventory on things such as water or food unless we need to focus on survival as an aspect of the encounter.

So to start with all characters had a personal amount of food and some water or liquor. But after meeting Lorianne you have been introduced to a surviver of Underdark living and thus access to her knowlage of food stores and fresh water. So we can imagine the party to be searching for such things ambiguously through out this adventure.
    OOC:
    I wasn't sure since I forgot to specify things like varying adventurers tools. Like a shovel. Or even basics like food or a skin of water.

We leaving that stuff abstract then?
    edited January 2013
    Pulling himself together with a shake, Demeisen slings his crossbow across his back and looks down at the winged elf as she lies in a stupor upon the cell floor, before padding out of the cage to stand beside Ebnar and Tanis as they listen to the giant woman relate her story and circumstances.

as she speaks of the drow commanders perverted lust with Tanis, he grimaces in distaste and nods, glancing at the young elf as the colour drains from his face.
    Demeisen grins as Ebnar gruffly tries to cheer up Tanis when he sees the boys fear. 'not as mean as you make out are you, dwarf' he thinks, chuckling softly.

"I thought as much when they captured you both, he couldnt take his eyes off Tanis, very disturbing" *thinks for a moment looking at Tanis* "although in his defence, you do look like a bit of a girl"

Glancing down at Ebnar for a moment thoughtfully, he looks back up at the peircing green eyes of Lorianne as she stands silently watching the exchange. and quietly

"hmm... the last time i trusted some stranger, I nearly broke my neck in a well shaft, but... I think I believe you... your obviously not a drow, and we need all the allies we can get if we are to survive this place"

Demeisen ruffles Tanis hair up then turns and moves away from the group, down the gloomy path to an outcrop behind the prison. He squats down and looks out over the titanic vista of the underdark.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/131005/14.jpg

it looks like some kind of underground fortress or city to Demeisens mind. vast stalactites and stalagmites reach from the gloom around it, lit up by ghostly mist and glowing fungus.
    As he stares at the dark citadel, he conjures in his mind what vast riches must be within... the wealth of a thousand plundered surface cites? magical trinkets worth a kings ransom? even a handful of jewels enough to set him up for life...

"I think it would be suicide to go waltzing in there, probably thousands of drow in that place" *looks round at the group* "only five of us here, four if that... flying elf dies. We cant fight our way in, how would we go about getting into something like that? *shakes his head* you people can't sneak..."

He turns away and looks indecisively back up the dark corridor heading back to the silvermine.

"maybe we should cut our losses here? Try to escape while our skins are still on our backs..."

Demeisen Throws his hands up in indecision........

( End Turn )

( Demeisen Votes to either go further into the drow territory cautiously, or back to the silvermines. Whatever gets the most votes )

( he would prefer to go into the drow territory but his natural sence of self preservation fights against his greed :P )

OOC: sorry for the hold up folks :)

I Set out with around five days worth of dried rations and flask of water.

I have a set of decent lockpicks/trap disarming gear that *shouldn't* break :P

I/we all, I guess ate and drank after we slept at the top of that drop into the silver mine entrance

I also gave some meat and water to Rayen, so i guess my waters half gone and maybe 3 days of rations left for me.

Post edited by Ashtone on
    OOC.

And I'm back! * Poof *

Sorry been busy lately but back to schedule later! >.< SO MUCH TO READ xD
    edited January 2013
    After taking some time to rest from the recent encounter and feed the poor hungry Rayén the party begins to discuss what path they might take. Lorianne gathers up a few extra supplies she has hidden near the prison with the help of Demeisen. Later the party gathers up in one of the empty cells near an old table and finalizes all of the real choices before them.

You could travel down the path towards the Drow fortress.. Lorianne explains that the fortress belongs to the Matron Mother Zyantine De'Yuran an evil bitch of a ruler... nicknamed the Queen of Spiders by ancient Dwarves that once lived above the silver mines... Her off spring and heir apparent Jaxolynn De'Yuran controls the citadel of warriors and is a blood thirsty vixen in her own right with dozens of males at her disposal. One of her commanders is the perverted and insidious Drow that has made an eye for Tanis his name does not matter as he is a male and the Drow way demands that only Drow of importance be addressed by their given name and usually only by the Matron Mother or her hand maidens.

To enter into this fortress could mean certain doom... There are other dangers however to be cautious of within this region of the Underdark. A giant and ancient spider Orthae lu'unnám revered by the Drow as a demi god within the Underdark. There is a lair deep within the Underdark that Lorianne is aware of that leads to the beasts lair.. but none wise dare adventure there... and those that do never return. It is a path of great honor and tradition by the Drow of House De'Yuran to send a warrior as sacrifice once per cycle to ensure protection of their domain.

Returning back up the long path leading to the Silver mine is also a option Garlash might have some useful knowledge regarding the Drow perhaps... or perhaps he has trapped the entire mine Demeisen and Ebnar grimace slightly at the thought of it...

At this point the treasure that brought this campaign to a start has begun to seem more like a fool's errand... No doubt if there is any treasure to be found its been locked away within the heavy walls of House De'Yuran...

(DM) turn end
    "The one good thing about Matron De'Yuran being called 'Queen of Spiders' is that it probably annoys Lolth something awful. That's her title, so she'll either come down hard on house De'Yuran or the Dwarves calling the matron that," Lorianne remarked. "At this point, I'm not certain which it's going to be. Of course, the Priestesses are all for wiping out the Dwarves for the blasphemy, but Matron De'Yuran is secretly pleased about it, or so I gather. Who wouldn't want to be called on par with a goddess? She's gonna go after the Dwarves soon anyhow, I gather. They are getting too close to the city and are too powerful- which likely means they'll fight back when the Drow attack them."
    Tanis shook his head.

"As much as I would like some pay off for coming down here, we already lost one companion, can we afford to lose more?" He asked.

He looked up to the roof of the cavern, and sighed.

"Maybe we should try and find our way back up to the dwarven settlement?"
    edited January 2013
    The Thief leans in a dark corner of the cell, methodically honing the edge of his shortsword with a small sharpstone, while listening to his companions debate their next possible course of action. When a lull opens in the debate, demeisen looks up from his work focusing on Lorianne.

"Dwarves? You talking about the dead settlement and mines above us? or somewhere else?"

Demeisen looks down the edge of his sword for a moment, before carefully sliding it back into the sheath at his side. Pushing himself away from the rough stone of the cell wall, Demeisen pads over to the table his allies are gathered around.

"we passed a huge mound of bodies on the way down here, I cant be certain from the state of them, but pretty sure a good few of them were dwarves... other than that." *Points at Ebnar* "He is the only dwarf I've seen alive around here"

Picking up a large greyish peice of dried mushroom from the table he had scavenged earlier and looks at it suspiciously for a moment.

"are you sure these are edible Lorianne..?"

Demeisen drops the chunky peice of dried fungus back on the table, it hits with a soft thud. Studying the chunk of mushroom for a moment in distaste, he then looks up at his companions gathered round the table.

"I have to agree with Tanis... while Im sure there would be plenty of loot to be had, I can see no good ending if we go anyway near that drow fortress. We should head back to the mines, see if theres another way out"

Taking a sip from his refilled water canteen and chewing on a peice of dried meat from his pack, Demeisen takes a seat in one of the rickety chairs around the table. It creaks alarmingly as it takes his weight, and he lets out a quiet sigh.

"whatever we decide, it should be quick. We've been here too long already, and while im sure the drow care not a whit for their slaves and prisoners, they will surely check up on the prisons every once in a while."

(votes to backtrack to the mines, self preservation wins out)

(end turn)

edited January 2013
    "No, there are dwarves living down here, too. Just as evil as the Drow, of course. And gnomes, too, I've heard. The Dwarves are called... Duergar, and the gnomes are Svirfneblin. I know little about them save that they exist, and they have gray skin, both of them. And yes, those mushroom bits are edible... barely. They taste like sawdust, but they're nutritious and not deadly. That's what Drow rations consist of around these parts: mushrooms of various sorts and Rothé meat. That's what they call their cattle down here. My elven friend Caris mentioned a green, spiced wine that seems to be the local equivalent of Evermead, but I've never seen nor tasted it. Probably a good thing, too. Last thing any of us needs is to get all snackered and end up tripping over our own feet like buffoons."

She paused. "If we do go looking around down here, don't expect to understand everything. As far as I can tell, there are three languages spoken down here. The Drow speak one to and with their slaves and servants. It seems to be the Underdark version of common. Undercommon, I suppose. Then there's Drow, that they speak only among themselves. And there's some kind of hand signs that go along with Drow that I can't make heads or tails out of. And another thing- Drow have pretty powerful magic weapons down here. But the stuff they make is... well, fragile. It's perfectly fine for using down here where they live. But I hear that if you take it up into the bright sunlight and fresh air, it disintegrates. Caris didn't know if it was due to some radiation in the rocks down here or something about everything the Dark Elves do being flawed because of their un-elflike haste in making it. According to her, surface elves take tens or hundreds of years to enchant their stuff, and Dark Elves make it faster, which means it isn't made as well. And that's related to some curse put on them by Corellon Larethian, the God of the Elves when they decided to be evil and live down here."

Coming back to Ebnar's question, she continues. "The Dark Dwarves have a fortified city miles from here. I haven't been there, and I have no idea how they feel about surface Dwarves. Your friend would probably know that better than I. But this place, the Underdark... it's like the worst Dungeon you've ever been in. Full of all kinds of monsters. Spiders especially. And the worst ones are half Drow in the upper parts and half spider on the lower parts." She shivers. "Ugliest things I've ever seen. All bloaty and sick looking. I killed one, but it nearly killed me first. They never sleep and never seem to get tired. And that isn't the least of the things down here."

End turn
    Leaning forward on an old stool, Ebnar folds his arms on the rotting table and listens to the rest of the group mull over their options. He pays little attention until word of Duergar are mentioned, he stiffens his shoulders and sneers.

"Grey Dwarves aye? bunch of backstabbing traitorous moss eaters!", He spits with venom.

"They be little better than the Drow!... nay they be worse! All know what a dark elves intentions are and they nay are good! but a Duergar!? they will trade with ye one moment an pretend to offer aid and stab ye in the back the next!"

Growing frutrated he sits up and thumbs his axe at his waist.

"Nay only one fate good enough for em!... but ive nay had many dealings with their kin, travelled with one a few decades ago but she largly kept to herself, pity, for a Grey Dwarf she was nay half bad looking neither!"

Laughing Ebnar makes an obscene gesture and licks his lips at the group, a wide grin creeping on his face.

"They may of aided ye (or enslaved ye) but with me in ye group? they sooner kill us all!"

Pushing himself up, the Dwarf walks over to the cavern wall and leans against it, folding one leg over the other and crossing his arms. He notices the unappetizing mushroom getting tossed around and grimaces at the thought of eating it. He chuckles to himself at the clear distaste on Demeisen's face, luckily, he remembers he still has some Ale left and fishes into his bag.

"Ye can keep ye foul smelling mushroom! I'll be sticking to me Ale! plenty of left to keep me going while we down ere!"

He fishes deeper in his bag, suddenly his smile turns to a frown, as he begins to tap dampness with his hand, urgently he yanks the bottle containing the Ale out, the bottom half missing, a few lonly drops fall from the broken bottle and dribble to the floor, clearly a result of the Bugbears attack earlier and what followed. Ebnar goes silent for a moment before his face slowerly begins to get redder.

"That damn giant sack of bear dung! he gone an broken me only bottle of Ale!? 'MY' ale!!?"

Throwing the empty broken bottle to the ground, which smashes against the hard rock floor, Ebnar storms up the table and slams his hands onto the surface, the force snapping off a peice of the rotting wood. He glares at his companions coldy.

"Now it done got personal!! Im going up after the damn Bugbear an his green skinned cronies! I'll get me revenge! Ye never smash a Dwarfs only bottle of Ale and live to tell it!!"

Pushing himself back Ebnar unsheaths his axes and makes a quickened pace back towards the last encounter with the Bugbear, he turns his head to one side and glares back at the group briefly.

"Ye can all do what ye all want!! But i'm nay gonna do anything else til that beasts head be rolling across the dirt!!"

He clangs his axes togeather and hurries his pace, his swearing and cursing bounching off the cavern walls.

-Ebnar goes back towards the mines-

-End Turn-
    edited January 2013
    Without much of a choice the party out of fear, loyalty or kindness perhaps follows the raging Dwarf Ebnar as he strides back toward the silver mine with a head full of Dwarvish steam. Demeison instinctly searches for traps with extra caution as does Lorianne. Ebnar leads the charge all the way back up the long long path until they reach the doorway...

Inside the sounds of the goblin made silver ore machines drowns out any noise the party would have made. Standing in the middle of the room is the giant Bugbear Garlash... His morning star hanging from his ham sized fist with his back faced to the group. Several goblins gathering up freshly produced silver bars to be handed over to the Drow. The party has the advantage and there are no traps in this entrance...

(DM) turn end
    If a player/character does not respond in the game After several days we will skip them and I will control them in a NPC fashion until they return or are killed off FYI* ;)
    OOC:

Not a problem.

IC:
    "Oh for the love of...!" Tanis growled as Ebnar strode off into the darkness of the underdark mines.

He pinched the bridge of his nose between his fore finger and thumb in irritation,

"That dwarf is going to get us killed!" He barked before calling out, "Ebnar wait up I am coming too!"

He chased after the dwarf, not difficult given the latter's short legs, and caught up with him outside of the large smelting room where the dwarf had evidentally found his bugbear. And a horde of goblins.

Demeisen checked the area of traps, and didn't appear to locate any which caused Tanis no small amount of relief.

"Well if you are going to do this at least let me hit the lot of them with a fireball from here before you go charging in!" He hissed to the dwarf.

He focussed his arcane energy with the intent to loose it as a fireball spell into the centre of the room with the intent of catching the bugbear and as many of his goblin friends as possible. Presuming Ebnar agrees, and doesn't charge in axe flailing.
    edited January 2013
    Demeisen begins cleaning underneath his fingernails with his beltknife and leans back in the chair as he listens to Lorianne speak of the underdark.

"Hmm, grey dwarves...? Yes I've heard of them. When I was younger, I remember hearing about this one dwarf trader who frequented the copper coronet. Dour, moody fellow, even for a dwarf... always had his hood up...
    Apparently, he got in some dispute with a trading contact there, he was loudly threatening to expose him if he didnt reconsider on some deal they were cutting. It ended badly for the contact and the dwarf disappeared into the night..."

Demeisen is jarred out of his reverie, as Ebnar bellows in frustration over the fact of his broken ale flask.
    dropping the chair back on four legs he looks about quickly to see if the racket brings any unwanted attention. Holding up a placating hand

"calm yourself Ebnar, you want to bring the entirety of the underdark down on our heads?"

Not listening, the dwarf then proceeded to throw the broken flask aside and smash the table to splinters, before grabbing his gear and storming out of the prison, back towards the silver mines.
    Demeisen sits quietly in his chair for a moment, watching Ebnars armored back fading into the gloom. then resignedly sucks a breath in through his teeth

"well there goes Ebnar... this works out quite well actually." *grins* "thought I was going to have to try to persuade him not to commit suicide by attacking a drow city singlehandedly"

He stands at the same time as Tanis, silently gathering his gear and pulling his cloak about him. with a last look back at Lorianne and Rayen, he runs alongside the glaring elf and they quickly catch up with Ebnar as he clanks down the corridor towards the silvermines.

As they approach the mines, Demeisen keeps a sharp eye out for any traps in their path. Then draws his hood up, and slips into the shadows when they reach the doorway (hides in shadows)

Demeisen moves silently round the group, taking note of Tanis as he begins to summon up some arcane destruction, keeping well clear. He moves into the mines proper, keeping to the deepest shadows and clear of any magical discharge or bowshot.

The thief settles down in a quiet corner, waiting for an opening to exploit...

(end turn)

---------------------------------------------------

OOC:

I wanted to rp ask this question, but didnt want to be writing all night so nvm, but what class and race is Lorianne? :P
    Lorianne was not entirely surprised when Ebnar went charging off, and she nocked an arrow to her bow and followed, staying as quiet as possible and keeping to the shadows as much as possible, following the others. She knew she should stay in the back, as her height meant she could shoot over the heads of most of her companions. In this case, she let fly with her arrow at the Bugbear, then, quick as a striking snake, pulled another arrow from her quiver and shot that one as well.

End turn

@Ashtone Lorianne is a human fighter.