Skip to content

Tales of the Underdark

Comments

• DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    Dazed, Ebnar slowerly pushes himself up from the dirt, he winces as he notices several broken off spikes lodged in his thigh, grunting he grabs a hold of each one a yanks them out, a small flurry of blood splattering out onto the dirt stone floor. He inspects the wounds closely but no serious damage seemed done luckily, glancing around the cavern he looks for the rest of the group, he notices Tanthalas and Demeisen pushing themselves up from the ground also though they seemed less scathed. He then notices Tharadin laying face down, of the rest of the group he made no movement. Snorting Ebnar begins to limp over to him.

"Get ye arse up knight! be hating if the cavern grounds done stain ye pretty armor"

As Ebnar gets closer he notices the pool of blood forming around the knights head, its then he notices several spikes lodged deep into his skull. Ebnar pulls his axe from his belt and pushes Tharadin over to get a better look at him, to his amazment no barrier repelled his attempt. Tharadins helmet had been knocked clear off and very little remained of his face save for one eye staring aimlessly into Ebnar's, a dull look of what was once the knights determined demenour. Sneering Ebnar looks around the cavern before turning to look back at the fallen knight, he kicks the body angrily.

"Ye fool of a knight! Ye aint suppose to be dying till my axes done got their way! Ye hear me!? You die at my hand not cause of some trap!!"

Ebnar picks up a rock and throws it into the void, he begins pacing switching his vision from Tharadin, the cavern and the rest of the group. Finally he leans forward and begins uttering curses at nobody specificly, suddenly the Dwarf begins roaring with laughter.

"Hahaha! By the hells, if ye aint gone and eluded me vengence ye pissy lil prince charming! hahaha! Guess the Gods done got a sense of humour!! hahaha!"

Ebnar kneels down next to him still grining and laughing to himself. He forcfully removes the spikes sticking out from the fallen knights skull, each one giving a horrid sound of gore and flesh being torn. Once each spike was removed Ebnar reaches down and picks up Tharadin's helmet and places it upon the dead knights disfigured skull. The Dwarf laughs again.

"Hells with it, be resting in peace ye fool of a knight! or 'peices' as it happens! hah! Ye preaching to ye God now!"

-End Turn-

OOC: the ironic thing is after i finished typing Ebnar's previous turn i had a feeling having him lean against the wall would set off a trap yet for whatever reason i couldnt bring myself to change it lol.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    OOC:
    Also ironic is the fact that the trap took out our cleric.

The person who could raise dead... presuming he had the spell. or scroll.

IC:
    Tanis gaped in horror as Ebnar set off a trap, that Demeisen had not yet spotted.

He rolled out of the way of the flying spikes, thankful once again for his street urchin childhood. He picked himself and dusted himself off just as Ebnar began laughing hysterically.

He wondered what had set the dwarf off, and then realised that poor Tharadin had not been able to avoid the trap, and had died as a consequence.

He could only gape in shock.

"What? How?" He sputterred.
  • AshtoneAshtone Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2012
    Demeisens face drains of colour when he hears the faint scrape and click of a pressure plate from behind Ebnar. Acting quickly, he just has time to leap clear as a concealed spike grid explodes from the ceiling in a cloud of ancient dust, peppering the floor around the open doorway with razor sharp Iron spikes.

Demeisen lays still on the floor for a moment as the dusts settles, then rolls to his feet checking himself for any injuries. Finding himself unscathed he mutters thanks to Mask and looks up to see Tanis picking himself up across from him, apparently unhurt. Looking towards the doorway, Ebnar sits bleeding upon the floor cursing loudly, his leg peirced by several of the leathal bolts. Tharadin lies still on his front, blood pooling thickly around him. Just like that... Dead....

Demeisen breathes a sigh of regret, and quietly

"May Illmater watch over you Preist..."

He then watches with distaste as the dwarf rolls Tharadins corpse over and twists out several iron spikes embedded in his skull.

"Place is a deathtrap... you ok Ebnar? looks like that nearly nailed you as well. Sorry about that by the way, but this whole room may be lined with traps, we should get out of here as soon as we can"

Demeisen then looks over at Tanis as he stands in shock.

"Your fast on your toes there boy, might make a halfway decent thief... speaking of which"

He looks down at Ebnar as he's gently replacing Tharadins helmet on his ruined head.

"He got anything worth having on him Ebnar? Not like he needs it anymore, and im sure he wouldn't mind"

Demeisen finishes with a grin.

OOC:- sorry about that Tharadin, I should of searched the whole room for traps there i think.

• KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    edited December 2012
    As the adventurers pause for a moment over the sight of their fallen companion they begin to realize what a horrible place they have stumbled into... for moment the party looks back through the doorway and at the hanging rope. A laughter can be heard from above and then suddenly they watch in disbelief as the rope falls to the ground. A short while later the party realizes that they are indeed being watched from deep within the cavern. Surrounding them are machines built by the goblin men and the smell of freshly crushed silver ore is strong in the air.

The party loots the body of Tharadin and recover his key and some of his supplies. The glowing eyes of the goblins begin to come closer and then they hear a loud roar! "Whhat in the nine hells is that ruckus!" a large, hairy, beastly figure slowly walks into sight from the shadows...

Garlash (Bugbear)

Garlash slams his mighty weapon into the ground and lets out a evil roar...! "Kill Them!" (10) goblin men that have gathered around him begin to surround the party.

(DM)- Turn End
    Post edited by Knoland on
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    OOC - I let Knoland know that I have been unable to play or even spend time browsing the forums lately due to too much IRL stuff going on, and that shows no signs of letting up soon, so the death was in-game random, but out-of-game quite known, just so you all know. Good luck in the campaign.
    Ebnar turns his head quickly to aknowledge Demisen's question, he grumbles under his breath and scratches the back of his neck before pushing himself up, groaning slightly to the injury in his thigh.

"Aye, nothing a few hours resting nay be curing, as for the knight..."

He glances down at the remains of Tharadin.

"Nay anything be done for him, less ye happen to have a spare priest in ye sack that is..."

Ebnar laughs.

"Guess we can be taken his key and few belongings naught anything else we be needing from him"

Ebnar glances around the room and sees the numerous Goblin devices set up, he growls to himself and pulls his axes out.

"Something nay be smelling right..."

Before he can finish his sentence his attention is drawn to a terrible roar, snapping his head to its direction he sees a Bugbear and his Goblin followers emerge from the shadows, cackling and laughing in their cruel manner. Ebnar bares his teeth as the huge Bugbear slams his weapon into the ground causing the ceiling to shake dust and debree down. Ebnar punches his chestplate and adjusts his helmet, joining in with the laughter of the enemy, almost drowning their own cruel laugh with his own.

"Now this be what i wanted! a REAL fight! HAHAHA!"

He turns to Tanthalas, a his crazed look reformed back on his face.

"Well? what ye waiting for Elf? Use ye finger wagglin and be casting some balls of fire at them!"

Ebnar turns and looks at the Bugbear, attempting to stare him down.

"But the big one is mine! HAH!"

-End Turn-
    OOC: oh dear, do I have time to hide in the shadows, or have i been seen?
    edited December 2012
    OOC:

Awe that sucks man.

IC:

Tanis watched the advancing goblins with a grin.

"Come on boys and girls!" He smirked, "Let's see how you handle some arcane power!"

He flourished his staff and focussed his mind on commanding the magic to do his bidding.

"Fireball!" He snarled, gesturing outward with his hand towards the clustered goblins, hoping to catch them all with the area of effect attack.
    Post edited by ScotGaymer on
    edited December 2012
    Demeisen rolls toward a well searched path near the cavern wall and begins to hide in shadows....

As Tanis and Ebnar begin to battle the horde of goblins, Tanis lets loose a giant ball of fire towards the thickest part of the goblin pack. Several goblins are hit two die instantly and three badly injured. Garlash and Ebnar square off.. Ebnar is "dwarfed" by the size of the beastly bugbear. Ebnar begins to attack Garlash and lands a successful blow (13) damage to Garlash.

Goblins: 2 (dead), 3(badly injured) 5 (uninjured) +1000 experience

Meanwhile a door is seen opening and three Drow warriors fully garbed in mystical armor enter the room. One of the Drow speaks... "Surfacers!" Garlash looks to the Drow and shows a sign of instant obedience. The goblins cower and hide behind Garlash. "We had a few intruders masters" said Garlash.

As the Drow begin to spread out one of them smiles at Tanis with an evil lust... "I want the fair skinned boy.." The other Drow look at Ebnar and then move towards him with a haste that must be unnatural... Before Ebnar can react a black net is tossed over him followed by a swift blow to the head by Garlash. Ebnar is trapped and knocked unconscious.

The third Drow moves toward Tanis with his evil eyes glued to his every move... The Drow holds up his hand and reveals a strange relic of some sort that begins to glow with a blue light. Tanis is instantly memorized by the relic then slowly begins to fall asleep..

Ebnar - (trapped, unconscious)
    Tanis - (under a sleep spell)

Demeisen remains undetected and continues to hide watching in disbelief as his companions are placed into bags and carried away... He follows. The doorway the drow enter in from leads to a long dark tunnel heading down. Demeisen follows far enough behind to remain undetected. The tunnel begins to transform before Demeisens eyes... strange lights and objects that seem to glow? The rock even has a mysterious nature to it as it sparkles. Demeisen finally reaches the end and discovers that the Drow are now missing however (4) of the goblin men remain. The two sacks filled with the bodies of his companions have been placed into a crude looking prison cell carved out of the cavern wall and barred up with black iron. Beyond them is a giant void of darkness and beauty... the Underdark...

(DM) - turn end
    edited December 2012
    OOC:
    Well bugger.

We are having some bad luck.

I am assuming the Drow divested Ebnar and Tanis of their equipment? Hopefully they are nearby.

IC:

Tanis awakened to darkness. At first he thought that the foul dark-skinned drow had blinded him, but then it slowly dawned that he could still see(thanks to his innate elven infravision) at least he could see himself, and the inside of a bag using his power.

He searched his body, looking for the small dagger he kept on himself, hoping that the goblins and drow had over looked it when they had divested him of his equipment as he slept.

He knew he could probably burn his way out, what with his affinity for fire magic, but knew that the attempt probably wouldn't be the best idea. He would likely set fire to himself.

(OOC: I will roll for myself using the dice roller to see if the dagger had been left strapped inside his boot or not.
    Rolling 1d12 - I got a 9. A partial success. I took this to mean that he had the dagger still on him but couldn't get at it properly.
    If this is a problem I can edit it out knoland?)

He struggled to reach down, constricted as he was inside of the sack with his hands and feet bound.

Victorious he grinned and grasped the hilt of the small dagger hidden in his boot, he gave it a tug and it didn't pull loose.
    The bindings around his ankles had trapped the dagger into his boot.

Growling in frustration he kicked out his feet at the bag, attempting to loosen the bindings. Or at least kick off his boot.

(OOC: Rolling 1d12 again to see if he successfully manages to loosen the ankle bindings or his boot.
    Roll One: 1d12 - got a 5. Failed to loosen the bindings.
    Roll Two: 1d12 - got a 3. Failed to kick off his boot.)

"Damnation!" He screamed in frustration as the shapely boot refused to budge, and the ankle bindings held firmly in place.

He flopped onto his back, flat, and defeated. Suddenly he found himself blinking back tears of frustration and fear; he did not miss the lust filled look the foul drow warrior cast him before he was put to sleep. He had seen such looks before, of course, but legend of the things drow did to their surface kin had reached even the ears of a poor luskan street urchin such as him.

"I can't even move with these gods be damned bindings!" He choked out to himself, "I can't set fire to this sack, I wouldn't be able to get free because of these!"

He focussed on trying to control his breathing, so as to not panic himself. And waited.
    Post edited by ScotGaymer on
    edited December 2012
    Ebnar awakes and immidietly snarls as he feels his hands and feet binded, he struggles viciously to gain some leverage but despite his efforts the ropes had been tied with some experience in preventing movement. His vision was darkned and he could taste a faint amount of blood at the back of his thorat, obviously from the Bugbears club. the smell of Goblin was rype around him and through the small holes in the sack he could just make out the poistion of two of the Goblins.

"Ye damn green skinned gob shites! wait till i break myself out of ere!! Ye be the first to have ye foul smelling skulls cracked in!! YE ERE ME!!? YE DARK SKINNED MASTERS BE THE LEAST OF YE WORRIES ONCE IM FREE!!"

Thrashing wildy Ebnar feels one of the Goblins prod in the side of the sack, the blow was meant to be hard but lacked enough strength to do any damage save for enraging the Dwarf further. The cackling of the Goblins could be heard, Ebnar counts each one there being four overall. He manages to place each of their positions. His attention is drawn to Tanthalas who was in a similar situation not too far from him, he could hear the Elfs attempts to struggle and the annoyance in his voice. Ebnar shuffles himself along the floor in the direction he believes him to laying and bashes into the side of him.

"That you Elf? Stop ye panicing! Before they clobber ye! Ye aint as well suited for a beating! Just before that oversized stuffed childs bear done cracked me skull i be seeing..." Ebnar hushes his voice and trys to speak in code. "Th e Th Ie f Go t Aw Ay...ye unsderstanding?"

Ebnar shuffles on his spot and feels another prod from the Goblin in the side of him, the blow stung more than the last but did little damage. Ebnar growls and rolls towards it, he feels a hand grab the side of his head in the sack and begin shaking him, through a narrow gap Ebnar sees one of the Goblins kneeling down cackling, his hand reached through one of the bars, Ebnar growls an lunges his head forward catching the Goblins fingers in his teeth, yelping in pain the Goblin madly trys to the beat the Dwarf to let go but Ebnar bites down with all his force and gnaws his way though three of the Goblins fingers, the taste was rancid and rotten but proved worth it as the bite also tore a large gap in the sack. The other Goblins laughed hystericly as their wounded friend quickly repels backwards, gripping his fingers and whimpering. Ebnar continues to growl at him, his one eye clearly visable through the bitten hole in the sack.

'Where ye at Thief? Ye better of not done a runner!'

Ebnar says to himself, trying to spot any signs of his missing companion.

-End Turn-
    edited December 2012
    OOC: wow ok, I like the way this is going :D

-----------------------------------------------

Crouching in the shadows, Demeisen watches as the skirmish plays out. Ebnar, Foaming at the mouth, begins trading blows with the hulking bugbear 'should be able to hold it at least' he thinks to himself. His eyes then find Tanis as he heaves both arms foward, from his hands, a roiling ball of fire streaks toward the goblin pack advancing into the room. As the fire ball explodes amongst the goblins, Two are completely engulfed, flesh sloughing off their bones while long shadows play across the wall from the sudden bright flare. The odds of survival were starting to look more favourable to risk his own neck.

turning at the scrape of another door opening from the side of the chamber. Demeisen blanched in the shock as three Dark elven warriors move gracefully into the room. 'Drow!? then this cavern must be connected to the underdark!'
    The conflict is drawn to a fast conclusion with Ebnar snared in a net and brutally clubbed into unconciousness, while Tanis is transfixed on the gaze of another and collapses to the floor in a catatonic state.

Demeisen mutters a prayer to mask that he stay hidden. The dark elves stand talking together in their alien language, one tilts his head back and lets out a rich, yet cruel laugh as he eyes the young elf Tanis.
    After a short while, laughing Drow then turns to the cringing goblins and barks at them in common, his red eyes glaring.

"Slave! Take these filthy surfacers below, and dont mark the elfling unduely"

The elves then exit the room, back down the dark corridor they entered from, followed by the wounded bugbeast.
    Demeisen watches the surviving goblins breathe a collective sigh of relief as the drow leave, and With a few more savage kicks for Ebnar, The goblins then proceed to tie up and unceremoniously stuff his companions into sacks before dragging them out of the room the same way.

Quiet...
    Demeisen wrestles with his conscience. Who were these people to him? this venture has turned into a disaster. 'Maybe I could go back? Try and climb back up that rock face? Back up that well shaft... in the dark?' *Shakes his head with a soft snort* 'No way out there, no way back... even if i could climb back, its all sealed off'.
    Then he remembered the way the drow had looked at Tanis. 'you can't leave that boy to that, can you?... bah...' Demeisen looks up at the dark tunnel and wipes a hand across his mouth in disgust, then proceeds to sneak after the departing goblins.

----------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: sorry for the wall of text there, I thought about trying to distract the goblins before attacking them. but i didnt think i could succeed in picking the lock on the cell (lockpicking @ 25%) dont think this will end well but not sure what else to do :P

----------------------------------------------------------------

After following the goblins down into the depths for what seemed like hours, Demeisen finally comes to what appears to be a prison. He then watches as his companions are flung into a crude cell carved into the rock with thick, rusty iron bars. Demeisen skulks carefully through the room and takes note as all but four of the goblins leave the prison.
    The remaining goblins turn to the cell as they see the prisoners begin to regain conciousness, and gleefully begin to poke the enraged dwarf through the bars until one squeeks in agony as his finger is bitten off, much to the amusement of his peers.

Gathering his courage, Demeisen draws his short sword and unbuckles his cloak to free himself in combat,
    he then moves quickly between the shadows toward the goblin farthest from the others, and rising up behind it, attempts to reach round to hold the beast by the mouth and drive his sword hard into its back.

(demeisen attempts to backstab 1 uninjured goblin)

(Not sure if i can restealth after, proberly not, then i attack an injured goblin, if there is one present)

(turn end)

Post edited by Ashtone on
    As Demeisen rushes toward the goblin man he notices a large trunk with his companions weapons and gear. Demesien attacks the goblin (sneak attack) with a damage of (15) success and badly injures the goblin. Demeisen quickly runs back toward the darkest section of the cavern and hides in shadows.. The injured goblin very confused from the chaos and laughter of the other goblins lashes out at the goblin with the missing fingers... One after another the goblin men attack each other until all but one are dead the very badly injured goblin crawls towards the large chest and leans on it. It pulls out a small bottle of healing potion to drink..

+1500 experience to all party

(DM) turn end
    edited December 2012
    Snorting with laughter at his wailing companion, the green skin is taken completely by suprise as Demeisen's blade flashes foward. It slides between the ribs and deep into its back, and with a quick twisting wrench, he pulls the blade free in a spray of blood, before silently fading back into the gloom of the prison

As the goblin spins round, shock and pain are writ across its twisted features and, unable to see its attacker, blood foaming from between its pointed yellow teeth, the goblin stumbles towards its companions shreiking.
    Watching from the shadows, Demeisen closes his eyes, takes a long breath and waits...
    The next thing he hears is not the cry of alarm, but a cry of rage and a clash of steel. Opening his eyes, Demeisen lets out a suprised chuckle and grins in the darkness as the wounded goblin lays into its unsuspecting kin.
    pawing bloodily at its sheathed sword hilt, the de-fingered goblin cowers and whimpers as the maddened greenskin strikes off its head in a savage horizontal slice, The severed head sails off in an arc and thuds wetly at the feet of the other two goblin men.

Unable to belive his luck, Demeisen watches as the goblins proceed to slaughter each other, until only one, horrifically wounded goblin remains. Breathing raggedly it drops to the floor and begins to crawl towards a battered trunk set in the corner, thick red blood painting the floor in its wake.

Demeisen shifts in the darkness, then moves after the dying goblin, stalking it as it reaches into the chest.
    coming up silently behind the panting goblin, Demeisen grins wolfishly and whispers in a long breath

"surprise"

then slams his short blade foward and down, into the goblins back...

(attempts to backstab the remaining gobbo)

(end turn)

Post edited by Ashtone on
    OOC:
    We need a new Cleric or healer of some sort lol. Or at least access to a storehouse of potions.

IC:
    The cacophony of noise that assaulted Tanis' sensitive elven ears in the next few moments did not help the young Elf to remain calm one bit. The distinctive sound of Ebnar shouting threats into the cavern was probably the only thing keeping the boy from dissolving into total hysterics.

"Stay calm, Tanis." He said to himself, as his struggled to control his breathing.

Shrieks of rage rent the air, and the distinctive sound of fighting resounded around the room.

His spirit soared.

Either Ebnar had ripped his way out of his sack, or Demeisen had found them, or the Goblins had gotten into a fight over a scrap of meat.

Either way it gave him a chance.

He decided to tackle the hand bindings first. He focussed his arcane power towards generating a small burst of flame as he had done before.

(OOC: Rolling 1d6 this time, as that is what I had used before.
    Rolled a 3. Partial success.)

A small spark ignighted, and burst into a slightly largely flame than he had intended. The bindings were burned away but so too did the edges of his robes at the wrists catch forcing him to frantically clap his hands to put the tiny flame out.
    Which of course caused the sack to fill with a moderate amount of smoke.

He frantically surged up, reaching again for the bindings around his feet, pulling them apart he grabbed the dagger and victoriously drove it outward and cut up ripping a hole in the fabric of the sack.

He rolled out the sack, looking distinctly singed and smudged, in time to see Demeisen lunge at the last remaining goblin.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    I'm a newbie at role playing with rules but can I try it out, please? :D
    Ebnar squints as he sees what he believes to be Demeisen dodging from shadow to shadow.

"Ah at last he done caught up! done taken his damn time!"

Snorting Ebnar sees his companion sneak up behind one of the goblins, his blade drawn ready to lunge a backstab. The Dwarf franticly starts tying to unbind himself.

"What that fool thief doing!? he gonna take all four of em on by himself!?"

Ebnar tugs tight at his binding around his wrists, his veins begin to pop as he uses all his strength to pull one of his hands free, the result ends with some of his skin being ripped off from the rough rope. Grunting he starts trying to untie the remaining binds with his one free hand but the process is slow. Shocked he sees the carnage unfold as the Goblin injured from Demeisen's backstab flys into a rage, unable to see his attacker now his slipped back into the darkness. The crazed Goblin begins swinging his sword wildy cutting down one of his group, a small battle escelates until only one limp injured sorry excuse of the goblin remains who begins a slow crawl over to a near by chest gripping his hand out to a health potion that rested at the base of chest.

"Hah! the thief be smarter than i give him credit for!"

He watchs his companion sneak out from the shadows and leer over the last Goblin, his blade raised up for a coup de grace. Ebnars attention is drawn to a spark ingniting behind him and sounds of Tanthalas franticly fighting his way out from his binding, albeit not to gracefully. Ebnar sees the lining of the Elfs robes from the gap in his sack and begins madly shuffling on the ground trying to free his last hand.

"Ye free Elf? then what ye waiting for!? a written invite!? cut me binds!"

Ebnar twists himself around so his rope straps were easier for Tanthalas to reach.

-End Turn-

OOC: shouldnt be a problem @Icecreamtub just gotta wait for an okay from @Knoland since his DM

@icecreamtub message me for info...
    edited December 2012
    Demeisen attacks the goblin for (12) damage the goblin falls over dead. Demeisen smiles with satisfaction of his actions... The small potion of healing rolls to the floor near Demeisen's feet. A large rusty key near the body of one of the dead goblins is quickly picked up and used to open the cell door. Ebnar and Tanis waste no time in gathering thier equipment.

+500 experience

As Ebnar walks past Demeisen he snatches the potion of healing and without pause downs the whole thing... Gulp.. Ebnar is fully healed and angry..

Tanis also has a shaken look to him still in shock over the treatment from one of the Drow..

In the prison cell they see another sack with a hand sticking out of the hole... The fingers still slowly moving...

(DM) turn end
    Ebnar wipes his mouth and beard after downing the magical healing elixer, he lets out a gruff sigh and slams the empy bottle onto the ground, smashing it into several peices. He bumps his chest with his fists and slaps the sides of thighs.

"Hah! that be better!"

Ebnar glares at his two companions eyeing him up.

"Dont be looking at me with those wimpering eyes! i still had an injury from the damnable trap we done got caught in!"

Ebnar scoffs and turns to look at his gear.

"Sides you two try having a Bugbear clobber ye over the skull an we be seeing who needs the healing more! hmph!"

Ebnar snorts and waves them off, he bends down and picks up his gear, strapping his plate back on and farsening the axes to his hilt, he wraps his helmet around his belt leaving it to dangle, no doubt his head still sore from having a Bugbear clobber it not too long ago, he swings his leather sack back around him and tightens the noose. He catches a glimpse of one of the cells nearby, another sack laid within, though much more dirtier and gritier, curious Ebnar leans against the bars and spots several fingers wiggling at the top of the opening. Turning he looks at Deneisen and Tanthalas.

"Look ere! looks like we nay the only ones them gob-shites done taken, ye pawed the key thief? then be unlocking the door, mayhaps the poor sap done know more of our situation!"

Ebnar bangs the bars with his fists and spits some of the reamins of the health potion onto the ground.

-End Turn-
    edited December 2012
    The greenskin lets out a last rattling breath then lies still as demeisen wipes his bloody shortsword clean on its ragged garments. he takes the small healing potion clutched in its hand and after a quick rummage through the carnage, comes up with a crude looking key.

Approaching the cell, his companions are throwing off the last of their bindings, Ebnar muttering and cursing under his breath, Tanis lightly singed and smudged with soot. Demeisen winces at the mass of bruising covering Ebnar as he snaps the old key in the lock and throws the heavy door open on protesting hinges.

Demeisen moves aside as Ebnar stomps out, snatching the potion from his hand as he passes, and gulps it down in one mouthful.

"here you go Ebnar, you can have the potion... really, I insist"

Turning back to the cell, Demeisen brings his hand down heavily on Tanis sholder as he steps out of the cage, and gives it a shake.

"Alright there elf? you look like a right mess" *looks him up and down* "trying to disguising yourself as a drow with all that smudge?"

Demeisen is retreiving his old cloak when Ebnar calls over from one of the other cells. Throwing it back over his sholders, he Pads over beside the elf and dwarf, and peers into the shadowed cell. He sees another filthy sack, much like the ones his companions were bound in, moving weakly, a hand sticking out the top.

Demeisen watches the figure suspiciously for a moment, then turns the heavy key in the lock and pulls the rusty iron barred door open. Then whispering to Ebnar.

"keep your axe ready, just in case"

He crouches down next to the moving figure, and uses his small belt knife to cut the sack open...

(end turn)

Tanis was in a daze, and he only vaguely absorbed Ebnar speaking to him, and he startled when the hand landed suddenly on his shoulder.

The thief spoke to him in a gruff and almost rude fashion, but what he didn't miss was the genuine concern in the tone.

"I'm okay." He replied, and then snorted in laughter at the drow comment, "I decided in my great wisdom to set fire to my bindings to get out. It wasn't my best plan ever..."

He watched the thief approach the other sack.

"Be careful there friend thief." He said.

-end turn-
    @icecreamtub this is your cue...

The sack opens...
    edited December 2012
    As party stares at the dirty bag within the crude cell a voice from behind them approaches... The party all turns around and to their disbelief a very tall woman with amazing beauty walks toward them... She introduces herself as Lorianne...

@ladyRhian female archer/fighter, Lorianne. She uses double scimitars and the Composite Longbow. She wears black chainmail and a cloak of such a dark green that it seems black in the shadows. She's 6'8, with bright red hair and green eyes, and her composite longbow is paired to her strength (gives strength bonus to damage, but few others but her can draw it) an item that gives infravision. Perhaps she escaped from the drow, but has lived in the shadows, waiting for another group she can ally with rather than trying to escape on her own. She's lived off what she can steal of the Drow's food stores and is tired of eating mushrooms and rothé meat. Strength 18/00, Int 13, Wisdom 12, Dexterity 17, Constitution 18. Charisma 15. She has her bow, 30 Arrows, 2 scimitars, a backpack 100' rope, a one-person tent, a cauldron, fishing hooks and line, High, soft boots, an unused spelunker's lantern (ties to your helmet, so you don't use up a hand carrying it), two waterskins (full) and three days worth of drow rations.

Lorianne

(DM) turn end
    Post edited by Knoland on

The Underdark viewpoint

This is a viewpoint from a bit further down the path from the prison cell...
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    "Well, it's nice to see someone else had the wit to save themselves," The woman's voice was throaty, as if she hadn't spoken aloud in some time. Her black chainmail and blackish cape seemed to fade into the background. The hood of her cape was drawn forward to cover her hair, but by her size and shape, this woman was no drow. Slung over one shoulder was the thickest bow any of them had ever seen, with a waxed bowstring, and a quiver full of black-fletched arrows. A scimitar rode on each hip, and she moved with silent grace. "I'm Lorianne Areen. Nice to meet you, such as the circumstances are. I'll assume you're as ready to get out of here as I am."

turn end
    Here's what my character looks like, except she's a lot more muscular, her hair is an even brighter red, and she's wearing more armor: image
    @LadyRhian perhaps a younger version of the fighter/archer before the trials and pain of living within the Underdark... (an image of personal reflection)
    I think of her as only being in her early 20's, so... maybe 21 or 22. She's been a warrior since she was 15.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    Whoops, did I miss my chance? :x