Skip to content

Ranged Weapon Prof. and extra Attacks bugged?

1235»

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    By the way @Aosaw I forgot to mention earlier that it kinda serves you right to loose that bet for scaring everyone (myself included) with your previous comments about how you thought this was intentional.

@geselle Not sure how waiting for a fix makes me a troll. I wasn't here at the time but, from what I heard, BG:EE's first release was so riddled with bugs it was almost unplayable. A lot more people probably waited for fixes then than will be waiting now. Calling an entire forum of people trolls seems a bit more troll like to me than having the style of play Aosaw described above.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Tresset
    Well, I did try to make it clear that that was only my own interpretation and that I hadn't spoken to anyone about it yet, but...yes. It does serve me right. ;)

And I don't think @geselle was trying to start any fights. There are plenty of people on other forums for other games who do stop playing because of a bug, but I don't think they do it for the same reasons.
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    @Edwin I want that van.
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    geselle said:

The only thing that buggers me, are people who take a pause, just because their character took an unitended/intended nerf. With each passing day, people here get more and more like those people who troll the forums of mainstream games.

I don't see it that way. If anything this is a forum of many old school gamers that don't WANT change. :) As Aosaw said, in a single player game you really want to savour every moment. This isnt an MMO. This was a bug and it would make a character that one meticulously planned not as effective as first thought. Personally, if I had made an archer right before this bug, that would annoy me too.

And it was a bug. Not a nerf. Big difference there too.
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    @geselle

I had already finished my archer game first, I had played a cleric/mage and fighter/thief back on the original release and was really looking forward to playing an archer, a class and kit I never tried when I played BG2 in the past.

Had I just started an archer game I would take a break as well, if this had turned into an actual change and not a bug, I would have deleted the archer and never played in when BG2 came out, I may have considered holding off on getting the game until someone made a mod to change it.
  • AntverpiaAntverpia Member Posts: 5
    Prefer a patch over a mod in this case...
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    Monty isn't his fun loving sling stone chucking self quite so all of a sudden and such D:
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Aosaw said:

Sorry, everyone; there were...other issues that required my attention. I may have lost a bet with an eleven-year-old, and may have to wear a dress and ride an imaginary unicorn a week from Sunday in front of the whole school.blockquote>

About time to post them there pics, ain't it?

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Edwin
    I did, actually. In the announcement about "Scheduled Maintenance"--although it seems to have mysteriously unstickied itself... ;)
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    @Aosaw http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14807

You look so pretty...and your friend there...a distant relative of Lamb Chop no doubt. Shari Lewis would be proud...as am I.