Skip to content

[mod] White NPC

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
edited March 2020 in BG:EE Mods
Hey ho!
Just letting you all know that I have just released a new NPC mod! You can get it here:
https://downloads.weaselmods.net/download/white-npc/

And here some basic info about the mod:

"The mod introduces a new joinable character - White, who is also known as White-as-Bones. White is a chaotic neutral human male barbarian, available almost from the very beginning of the game. He is always a 2nd-Level character, so it's advised to recruit him early in game.
White has never been a member of any clan or tribe, he's not that kind of barbarian. Consider him someone who can make use of his rage as if it were a tool. He's also a good hunter, but may get quite furious if someone tries to take his belonging.
The mod includes banters between White and all BioWare NPCs, as well as with BGEE characters - Neera, Rasaad and Dorn. All players may experience some friend talks. What's more, White may start to romance male characters of any race (if the male PC has at least 11 charisma and at least 12 strength.). If you're not interested, just tell him.
The mod includes some PIDs.
You can recruit White near the entrance to the Ulcaster ruins."

Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
KozarocallimachusTomeJalilyGriegDrugarRequiemAedanSeleneEudaemoniumZaghoulJuliusBorisovRelSundanChnapyAerakar

Comments

• KozaroKozaro Member Posts: 71

May start to romance male characters

MERLANCEHelvenzupsky
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Cool portrait, OP
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    edited April 2013

Don't we have enough white characters as it is?

Nope, as long as the character is white as bones ;) but I would eagerly play a mod that introduce any dark character, if you feel like writing one.
    Purudaya said:

Cool portrait, OP

It was based on a NWN portrait. It used to be a portrait of an elf :P

Anyway, I got a message that there three wrong lines (other character said something White should say), but it's fixed already. You can get v1.1 (the same link). It's just a minor thing so if you already installed the mod, you can just ignore it. The bug appear in the talk under the ruins (with the "man") and he will just say something White should tell the man, so just don't be surprised. Apart from that, everything else should be fine.

Cheers

booinyoureyes
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited April 2013
    Any chance that my character will see him again in Athkatla...?
    sorry, but chances for something like that to happen are really...small. And I need to take care of my other projects, too, before I start anything new.
  • Flameguard27Flameguard27 Member Posts: 37
    There seems to be a bug in his banter with Dorn. It's something about "no valid response", but it doesn't break the dialogue, only the last line is affected.
    LavaDelVortel
    Thanks! Uploaded a new version -- it should be fixed now. And no need to worry as the bug wouldn't cause any problems. Anyway, got rid of it :)
    I've found another bug. In the maze, when that snake appears there is a dialogue that ends in "no valid response". After that if I try to talk to White he's repeating the same dialogue that ends in "no valid response", or only the first line if he's in a different area.
    LavaDelVortel
    Ok, fixed. The v1.4 is now uploaded. Thanks for the note. This one is much more important. I included you in the history version note :)

If that's the last of the installed mods, you can reinstall the mod with the new version and there shouldn't be any problems :) If it's impossible, it would be a good idea to use the console:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("WhiteFinalRomTalk","GLOBAL",4)
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("V#1MOR")

Let me know if it worked :) Oh and it would be nice to know if you enjoyed the mod etc.
    Cheers!
    It worked. The mod was awesome, I really liked the banters with the other npcs. It was really nice to see characters interacting and not being silent all the time. Except for a few typos I don't think there's anything not to enjoy about this mod.
    There are always some typos + remember that I'm not native English speaker so writing and releasing a mod is kinda more...challenging :P But thanks :) If you let me know about some specific typos, I can fix them :) Nevertheless, I'm glad you enjoyed the mod.
  • HelvenHelven Member Posts: 16
    Kozaro said:

May start to romance male characters

LMFAO!
  • scorpiovascorpiova Member Posts: 87
    edited November 2013
    Love the mod, thank you for your hard work.

Now I've gotta mod my mage to have 12 strength lol.
    You're welcome! :)
    I'm always happy to know that people play my mods and like them :) Or at least some bits of them, hehe.
    Cheers!
  • scorpiovascorpiova Member Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    So... I know you mentioned before about not (slim chance) putting white into BG2... any chance you have changed your mind?

I'm at a plot point where he died when I was arrested in BG (game randomly selected) so debating if I want to reload to just before that point, and have someone else randomly get executed. Would be a good point to have a "loss" for the PC story wise, if I can't keep him for BG2. To show my PC's slip to a darker path.

Plot-wise I would then pursue the romance with Dorn for my PC in BG2. But... if it looks like White might move into be BG2 I'd like to keep him, lol.

So... what are the odds?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Hey ho!

White has never been a member of any clan or tribe, he's not that kind of barbarian. Consider him someone who can make use of his rage as if it were a tool. He's also a good hunter, but may get quite furious if someone tries to take his belonging.

I feel like these characters should really be Berserkers rather than Barbarians. Barbarian implies a heritage and cultural affiliation, and it never sat well with me to make a PC barbarian. This is why we need a great NPC barbarian, so I'll try this one out. I just wish he actually had a clan.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @LavaDelVortel
    Ciao!
    Two questions:

- Have you considered at least the chance to develop some SOD content for White...? Please? Pretty please?
    - The mod has not the TRA files, so we cannot translate it. Can you please make them available?

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Awesome NPC, especially his background and voiceset. I like NPC's that have an unusual background who then go on to explain it a little as time passes in the game.
    Oxva
    @LavaDelVortel Whewwwww, bout thought a mod screwed White up. His Morningstar proficiency was giving the wrong bonuses. Then I happened to look at his info sheet a little closer and it just read Flails. I forgot I used tweaks to move morningstars to the mace category :o (where it makes more since).

Alls well though as he says he likes flails s well.

You mentioned something about the reason he was not going to adventure outside of BG, that he hints in a talk about this? I have played him through a coupla times now and maybe I missed something. Is it about him returnin to his moms or such? Just curious about his reasoning to get a proper feeling ending with him( maybe it has to be romance active to get this).
    edited March 2017
    @Zaghoul Will use spoilers because people may not want to know everything.

In the romance he indeed mentiones that he's going back to the naga that took care of him - his "mother". So firstly the way back is going to take lots of time, because the place isn't that close. Then, remember that he may want to take care of her for a while and if she dies... he may not leave exactly the same minute she's dead. Then there is the matter of temple she was guarding. Let's remember that White was taught to be the next guardian and he is actually considering following his mother wish. I am not going to say if that's a good decision or not, but he decided to come back because of his mother's state so I am sure that he wouldn't leave the matter like that. Even if he decides that he doesn't want to be a guardian, he would neeed to find and prepare the new one. So... yeah, it would take time....

BTW, can any moderator/admin move this thread to BG1EE mods section, please?
    Zaghoul
  • JimstromJimstrom Member Posts: 98
    Anyone who have the stats and profficencies for this mod?
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited July 2017
    Here

Add to that his proficiencies:

Moringstars/flails** and two weapon fighting** (note, if one adds the cdtweaks mod for regrouping weapons he gets flail prof. only to start, as these two weapons get broken up in that mod with a particular option)
    Always starts at 2nd lvl and does not get modified in lvl based on CHARNAME, as do the newer characters in BGEE
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

White has never been a member of any clan or tribe, he's not that kind of barbarian. Consider him someone who can make use of his rage as if it were a tool;

Honest question: why not make him a Berserker instead?
    edited July 2017
    Because I imagined him as a barbarian. CHARNAME can be a barbarian too, and I don't think there is any tribe in Candlekeep. And according to class description, they are just different type of warriors, and wear less heavy armor. That's how I imagined him.
    Chnapy
    Thanks to @Artemius_I the mod is now updated to v2.0. Those are the changes:

-Traified mod
    -Added crossmod with Aura, Drake, Sirene and Verr
    -Added missing death variable and pdialog.2da entry
    -Added SoD leaving script
    -Fixed item descriptions for EE

Note that WeiDU was also updated.

Because of the mod's story, there is no SoD content. After the certain point when everyone leaves the party, White leaves for good. Treasure the memories you two made together!
    ZaghoulGusindaAedan
    edited July 2018
    This is much appreciated for a great character . Thanks @LavaDelVortel & @Artemius_I B)
    LavaDelVortel
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    Would this mod possibly be made to work with EET?
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Hullo, thanks for the mod, he's an interesting character. Minor bug report, I had some crashes repeatedly occur during one of his banters with Viconia.