Skip to content

how to get likes on the forum!

13»

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited April 2013
    You know, I seriously had no Idea that one could get insightfuls like this:
    Tresset said:

I still haven't figured out how to get insightfuls in bulk. That should be the real question. I mean honestly... I'm an aspie who is obsessed with BG! I am overflowing with knowledge about the game and I am always spouting it everywhere I go on the forums! Yet I only get insightfuls every once in a while. So far I have learned one somewhat decent trick: get a reaction from @SCARY_WIZARD as it will usually be an insightful. Other than that my main source of insightfuls seems to be @TJ_Hooker who actually seems to use all three positive reactions on me a lot.

(Yes, I monitor these things very closely. I usually notice each time I get a point and who I got it from.)

Beaing the scientifically minded individual that I am I may need to launch a series of experiments to figure out how this caused a such a large gain in insightfuls by isolating the variables...
    LadyRhian said:

-Don't forget to be on forums so long that you rarely lose your temper

@LadyRhian Are you implying something?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    No, only that people who constantly flip tables don't seem to get as many likes. Wonder why? ;)
    edited April 2013
    @LadyRhian
    LadyRhian said:

You can also:
    -Post pictures of your insanely large D&D/AD&D/D&D/3.5e collection (and garner offers of marriage thereby)

Offers? Plural? I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing or even what to think of it...

I am an animal savant (albeit self proclaimed) and that doesn't seem to count for much of anything.
    @Tresset Five. Admittedly, they were the "I think I love you. Will you marry me?" type, but yeah, offers of marriage. Over Roleplaying stuff. And not just on this forum, either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I think I should give up on this one... Reminds me of a Vampiric wolf I encountered once...

*Runs away*
    @Samus No, but I used to. Now I am busy taking care of my Dad. I just finished feeding him fruit pancakes (blackberries and blueberries) a bit ago. He loves him some fruit pancakes. I run games online and in real life, usually.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    Did I ever tell you the story about V I C O N I A and the traveling salesman?

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Aosaw said:

TJ_Hooker said:

Several more for the list:
    -make nostalgia soaked posts/threads reminiscing about when you first played played BG
    -posts that are complimentary/supportive towards BG:EE or Overhaul/Beamdog, or defend them from criticism
    -posts about how much more important story is than graphics
    -quote BG

Hrm...

I remember way back when I was first playing Baldur's Gate and this one guy was like "Overhaul sucks" and I was like "No way man they're great", and it made me think about how nobody talks about story anymore because everyone's obsessed with graphics when really story is the most important of all, y'know? I mean..."Heya. It's me, Imoen." Right???

:)
    Damn, you're a natural.
    Samus said:

LadyRhian said:

@Samus No, but I used to. Now I am busy taking care of my Dad. I just finished feeding him fruit pancakes (blackberries and blueberries) a bit ago. He loves him some fruit pancakes. I run games online and in real life, usually.

Thank you for the reply. I wish you well with your Dad.
    Thanks! He's old and is not really going to get better, but at least I have a distraction- these games and this forum.
    Samus said:

franco said:

Did I ever tell you the story about V I C O N I A and the traveling salesman?

Please entertain us with your epic tale concerning Viconia!

um...... He never got to meet another quota.

um...... He still shows up every now and then when she casts a certain spell.

• ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    Speaking of 'likes' offering - what happened to our sea lion @Moomintroll?; he seems to have disappeared.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Zafiro Good point.

Where is @Moomintroll ?

I have wrote so many posts to him, his name is recognised by my spell checker... Where'd he go... I hope a Polar Bear didn't eat him :(
    edited April 2013
    Well I guess my mention of Viconia didn't work even though some were sure that any such reference would garner a like. It looks like it requires at least a minimum INT to carry off.
    Post edited by franco on
    edited April 2013
    @Samus, better not be toying with my sensibilities. Reveal thy treachery!
    I can tell you how not to get any likes - by going off topic; I should know since I'm so good at it. So, what say you about the upcoming MMO.. Neverwinter?

@Moomintroll, it's good to know you're safe and sound, I was starting to worry humans made paté out of you.