Skip to content

how to get likes on the forum!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    ajwz said:

I don't like the system - it makes these forums seem like reddit and encourages inane posts and circle jerking. The only use for it is so that someone knows you have read/agree with their post without you having to reply.

Or perhaps we could just not have the badges they want to collect, or not display our total so that one post might get a lot to show people like it but it does not matter.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527

- think of ways to kill drizzt

Especially when said ways involve Werebears.

The real question though is why did @Bhaaldog change his/her name? I've not been active on the forum for a while so I may have missed something. I do like the badge though.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    mlnevese said:

The badges and the like system are open to abuse of course and so is the flagging system and that's why the forum moderation is always observing how it's used.

If we have any reason to believe people are using fake accounts to abuse the system, for instance, actions are taken such as deleting the fake accounts and, if necessary, banishing the main account.

The badge/like system is designed to encourage people to post. This is a place to be fun, expose your ideas, ask your questions and I've seem the current system encourage people to post, to joke, to play along and even to help.

I'm in no way saying people would not help/joke if the system wasn't in place, but it's an incentive. The badge system is also a reminder that the person dis/participated in something special, such as the role-player badge I have, the Tears of Bhaal badge from the poster formerly know as Bhaaldog, or the artist badges people are getting for partcipating in the art contests.

Now if anyone has any reason to believe someone is abusing the system contact a moderator. That's one of the reasons we are here. We have fun as any other forum members, actually those of you who know me in the forums know I'm one of the first ones to participate in a joke, but we also accept the responsability of making sure the rules are obeyed so that the forum remains fun for everyone.

Encouragement is always good, but it should never become competition :)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I find that I only care about the badges right before I get one. I was a few 'agrees' below a threshold, so I watched it more than before. Don't know why that excited me, but it did. Anyway, aside from that, I participate when I feel like it, or like I have something to add without a lot of thought about the bean counting of posts and the like that occurs in the dark underground of these forums...

I'm pretty sure dark elves are behind that, too.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I thought they were Mind Flayers...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    edited April 2013
    Rule 1, I am always right.
    Rule 2, if you think I am wrong, read rule 1

So no problems,... no one goes against the rules.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    edited April 2013
    [kosh] Yes.[/kosh]