Skip to content

[BG:EE] Battle Enhancer Mod (ver 1.33 RELEASED!)

Comments

• shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    edited October 2013
    OK thanks noted, Ill play it with only this mod not DH....but FFS im eager to play this but I havent had time koz I have had 12hr shifts everyday for the last few days. Can you mod that so I have no more work for a week so I can finish BGEE with this
  • CharanCharan Member Posts: 118
    Well I'll do my best to finish it today but if I rush it too much it may lack crucial balancing and polishing - adjusting drop rates etc.
    Should be done by Sunday. Just need some testing.
    is it not balanced yet
    where is BGEE override folder?? I don't have one in my installation
    The version 1.3 is not released yet. You have to create the folder yourself if thats your first mod (Steam version)
    edited October 2013
    Harsh Faerun mod ver 1.3 is completed. NOW KNOWN AS Battle Enchancer Mod Ver. 1.0.

Available at the first page.

Most important changes and features:
    - ENEMY CORE AI IMPROVED:
    Most enemies and NPC's have a chance to possess random potions and WILL use them in fight (int check).
    Enemies who use projectile weapons have a chance to possess random magical projectiles they can use and they WILL use them on the player.
    Most enemies and NPC's use TARGET PRIORITY (better protect your squishies).
    Most mages and clerics will now reposition or attack between casting spells.

- GAME BALANCE REVISED:
    Human NPC's and monsters have received buffs by maxing their Hit Points rolls and stats for given levels.
    Critter races have been separated into variety of tiers.
    Some tiers received more significant overall buffs than others. Just try the Gnoll Stronghold now.
    Exp rates revised and rebalanced according to challenge. Some rates went up, some rates went down.
    It should be faster to leave the early game levels but overall pool of EXP per game did not go up too much.
    Note: Most changes were HAND EDITED while stricktly follwing of AD&D rules and progression tables. Take care as the game WILL be HARDER now.

- DROP RANDOMIZER:
    Most enemies have a chance to be in possession of random treasure and will gladly drop it on death
    Drop chance and loot pool depends on the enemy tier.
    Separate tier for spellcasters, which gives a better opportunity to get rare scrolls.
    Some treasures in hidden stashes have been randomized in balancing purpose.
    Drop rates have been adjusted so that during an average game course you will find: around 12 low tier items, around 6 medium tier items and 1-2 Legendary tier items.
    Note: Critters who previously did not drop items did not receive the chance for loot.
    It's impossible to find personalized/one of a kind items (for example, you won't find a second Helmet of Balduran)

- NEW FIGHTS
    Some new encounters and new enemies added.
    Some fight with mages have been reworked to be more difficult and interesting.
    Reworked Ogre Mage fight mechanics to provide an ultimate and unique experience (Enjoy)

- MEETING COMPANIONS AT MAX HIT POINTS ROLLS
    All companions are met at their MAX HIT points rolls, regardless of player's level.

FOUND A BUG? Report it here in this discussion and I'll provide a hotfix.
    I already started a game using the older version, can I install this one and it will take effect properly from my last save game?
    anyways never mind, I started a new game and I can feel the increased difficulty straight away. Really liking it. even that first mage at Frindly Legg Inn, he is much more powerful. Awsome!
    can you make addition to this mod like the Hard times mod where vendors give you less gold for items you sell to them and charge more for what they sell to you?

Also, not sure if this is a bug or its normal, but sometimes when I save a game close to an enemy creature, and then load the game, that creature might not be there anymore. Very noticeable as I quick-save alot, and then come to a creature, only to load it and go fight that creature again but it's not there.
    hey why is there no more feedback in this thread? is it already dead?
    I guess I finished the mod especially for you hahahaha. About the bug - the changes I made hardly could cause such issues - are you sure it wasn't the same in vanilla?
  • RedJoshRedJosh Member Posts: 5
    It is the same for me on vanilla when I q save a lot.........
    Nothing to do with the mod; just a natural reaction when realoading so close to a monster spawn site.

Mod VG, I agree with the previous post about the cost of items in Hard Times though.
    Ok Ill take a look at this. Hopefully it's possible to somehow change it mechanically not by hand per item
    Ok thanks, charan. It would be nice to have the hard times mod gold scarity in this mod, because I have only played a few hours and have already made tons of gold selling loot and some extra magical items creatires sometimes drop.
    I found a way to take on tough single enemies who target my weaker characters i.e. mages; i just run the weaker character around in circles while the other party shoot missiles or attack it melee. Most times the creature will try to keep chasing the weaker character . Lol works good.
    edited November 2013
    I'll hotfix that soon. A small tweak in the Ai script should fix the issue.
    Can you please provide me with information:
    - How many additional magical items have you obtain so far and how many kills your team has. How do you feel about drop rates on low, mid, high tier enemies.
    - Which creatures AI can be explopited in such manner - listing at least a few should provide me with all the information I need.

Thanks.
    edited November 2013
    Hi, Im only upto nashkel carnival, I have done minscs quest, stronghhold, I have fully uncovered the surrounding areas, a few maps. I have fully uncovered some maps below beregost. By this time I have already come across, about 3-5 +1 magical items from random creatures. I think that is way too many as magical items sell for alot of GOLD.

I think it would be much better if any magical items weren't dropped from standard creatures, I think they should only be found from vanilla creatures.

It's usually the strong enemies like ogres, orion, etc that try to chase my weak character, but not always. I liked the fact that one ogre used a speed potion so I could not run any of my characters around or away, and had to fight it head on, I didnt last long, but after a quick load that ogre wasn't around anymore :( .

Also, not sure if this is normal, but in the Stronghold I didn't come across many gnoll's to fight. Like literally, I only fought maybe 7-10 gnoll's in the stronghold area. I thought there was suppose to be way mroe than that. And the chieftan near Dynaheir was by himself, which was an easy pick off.
    edited November 2013
    This is very weird. The mod does not contain any changes to gnoll stronghold area and its spawns. Are you sure you havent experiment with different mods?
    Post edited by Charan on
    Just tested it myself and my lvl 5 party got its ass kicked in gnolls stronghold.
    edited November 2013
    Battle Enhancer version 1.1 released

Chagelist:
    - Improved attack target prioretization
    - Enemies will not attempt to chase weakest or most damaged member of player's group but if KITED, they will start to attack nearest targets instead (exploit prevention)
    - Lowered drop chances for Tier 1 and Tier 2 monsters
    - Incorporated Harsh Times = All shop prices are now higher (balancing the income from additional treasures)
    - Fixed a minor bug where summoned hobgoblins were using Strenght Of One ability like a chieftain creature.
    Post edited by Charan on
    Please do provide me with feedback on the lowered drop rates and higher shop prices - may require further adjustments. Also accepting bug reports (hopefully there aren't any). Many thanks to Shadow85's feedback which allowed me for further mod improvements at its core.
    edited November 2013
    I really want to try SCS v24 with this.
    Would this be possible, which should I install first.
    SCS first. Tell me if it worked.
    edited November 2013
    OK i'll try SCS first install then this. But I have a feeling it should be the other way around.

If I install Battle Enhancer after SCS, I would be overwriting alot of SCS files that was created in the override folder.
    Post edited by shadow85 on
    edited November 2013
    Yeah well both mods changes .cre files and .bcs (AI) files. If you install SCS over my mod, the modified creatures will be probably weaker, won't use my AI changes and will not have a drop chance. On the other hand if you instal my mod over SCS, you porbably won't have fast bears, docile wolfs and some other stuff that this mod changes (Im not even sure what it really does with creatures..). You either have to choose or decide on what to overwrite with a little know how knowledge
    edited November 2013
    would be nice if this was weidu, so the files can be pacthed together.

Also I was wondering how many files does the hard times component change? Was wondering if it is possible to get just that component to use it with SCS
    Doesn't weide only make a backup of previous files before overwriting them with new ones? I dobut it actually merges files and scripts. It just seems prretty much impossible and requiring some thought in making.
  • jean30jean30 Member Posts: 20
    Hello, is it normal to be hunted by priests at temple while trying to be healed? or by the first mage you meet ( the one who ask you to take the identify scroll) when you meet him again in beregost?
    Also a cobold droopped the trasher+2 and i am only lev 2...don't know if it is a bug or intentional...
    sorry for my really bad english
    edited November 2013
    jean30 said:

Hello, is it normal to be hunted by priests at temple while trying to be healed? or by the first mage you meet ( the one who ask you to take the identify scroll) when you meet him again in beregost?
    Also a cobold droopped the trasher+2 and i am only lev 2...don't know if it is a bug or intentional...
    sorry for my really bad english

Fixed. Uploading version 1.11
    Elvenhair and priests had assigned an outdated script which didn't check if they are your enemies before trying to attack you.
    Just downloading the 1.11 version and overwrite the files in override folder and it's fixed - they won't try to attack you anymore.

And for the Trasher +2 - Yes its intentional. You were just very very lucky. 1 on around 140 low tier enemies has a chance to drop an additional items and the chance of this item to be +2 is even lower (around 1 on 380)