Skip to content

[BG:EE] Battle Enhancer Mod (ver 1.33 RELEASED!)

Comments

• CharanCharan Member Posts: 118
    The additional xp allows you to obtain like additional 30k exp throught the whole game. At cloakwood mines my party was lvl 7 as well when i played it without the mod. Are you playing at normal or higher difficulty at least?
  • SarnindSarnind Member Posts: 256
    got a new bug, game crashed when u enter a baldur s gate big bridge area.
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    Charan said:

The additional xp allows you to obtain like additional 30k exp throught the whole game. At cloakwood mines my party was lvl 7 as well when i played it without the mod. Are you playing at normal or higher difficulty at least?

Ofcourse im playing on highest difficulty slider. I just destroyed the iron throne reps outside of the cloakwood mines area, they presented no challenge :(
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Flame fist soldiers in 7 chapter (after candlekeep) keep fighting with each other and i get fight log in chat no matter where am i (even in interiors where are no soldiers)
  • jean30jean30 Member Posts: 20
    Etamin said:

Flame fist soldiers in 7 chapter (after candlekeep) keep fighting with each other and i get fight log in chat no matter where am i (even in interiors where are no soldiers)

happened the same to me . . .
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    May have already been asked

Is this compatible with SCS? Or would it be kind of useless to install this if you already have SCS?
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    I am playing with SCS, there are some issues though, nothing game breaking, just a few lil issues.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Has anyone tried this mod with the ipad version of BGEE?

Has anyone tried this mod with the ipad version of BGEE?

If the files are not so much difference, and the Ipad version can be modded via override folder, i think everything should work flawlessly.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    edited January 2014
    @Charan - It appears that Battle Enhancer's version of Sarevok (SAREVO.CRE) calls a SCS script: DW1MELGE.BCS as the "Class Script" instead of the vanilla's version's script WTASIGHT.BCS or a custom script from Battle Enhancer (e.g., RDROP[X].BCS). I verified this with a fresh download of the latest Battle Enhancer mod (so it's not a later install of SCS).

@Charan - It appears that Battle Enhancer's version of Sarevok (SAREVO.CRE) calls a SCS script: DW1MELGE.BCS as the "Class Script" instead of the vanilla's version's script WTASIGHT.BCS or a custom script from Battle Enhancer (e.g., RDROP[X].BCS). I verified this with a fresh download of the latest Battle Enhancer mod (so it's not a later install of SCS).

actually lunar was fiddling with sarevok. Does this actually break anything?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Ugh, somehow I always manage to assign Sarevok's script wrongly. If someone can fix it to use vanilla game script he will be fine as is. I just wanted to buff him stats wise, add some extra movement speed so hit-run tactics will be foiled, and gave him a special sword. (That has %2 chance of doing a DeathBringer Assault like he does in the battle with Gorion and ToB)
    Hey lunar, long time no see :). But does it actually break anything? Should I fix it in the downloadable package?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited March 2014
    it was probably his for-personal-use script that he accidentally included in the mod

also, is it better to install this before or after scs?
    @Charan, @Lunar - Sarevok's main script is still referenced, so he does the following in battle (evaluate in order):

1. If CHARNAME is within range 5, attack CHARNAME
    2. Else, if the nearest enemy is within range 3, attack the nearest enemy
    3. Else, if CHARNAME attacks Sarevok and there are no other enemies within range 7, attack CHARNAME

Potentially, if all of these conditions fail, he might not do anything, since he has no generic script to fall back on.

@bob_veng - Since Battle Enhancer works by copying files into the override directory, it should be installed before other mods. Otherwise, it will overwrite changes made by other mods like SCS.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    bob_veng said:

it was probably his for-personal-use script that he accidentally included in the mod

also, is it better to install this before or after scs?

What he said :-)
    If you install the mod after installing scs it will work fine. Scs enhances all creatures, and this mod overwrites some of the spellcasters and stuff. Most noticably, spellcasters will use higher level spells than scs mages, for interesting and challenging combinations. Note that scs scripts are still a lot smarter, however they are generic enough to warrant 'oh, another high lvl mage, prepare for minor globe of invulnerability+chaos' thingie. This mod makes each spellcaster it modifies somewhat unique in their approach to battle. Charan's random treasure idea is cool as well.

• iodvariodvar Member Posts: 16
    Is this mod compatible with BG2, has anyone tried it or is using it currently? Thanks
    AFAIK, it is BGEE only.
    That sucks I can't get SCS to work on my iPad been trying every which way so was going to go with this
    @iodvar - I assume you've seen the iPad modding instructions?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/481405/#Comment_481405
    Yes trying them can't seem to get them to work
    From what I have read the assassins in candle keep should use poison daggers if installed correctly they do not. I have tried several times no luck.
    AstroBryGuy is there a trick to it or an install process that is sure to work? I am thinking that it's due to having the latest software on my iPad and jail broken with the only software availible PanGu making some options unavailible and having to move files with ifile.
    iodvar said:

From what I have read the assassins in candle keep should use poison daggers if installed correctly they do not. I have tried several times no luck.

In the Battle Enhancer mod? No. I don't think Shank or Carbos are updated to have the Poison Weapon ability.
    I'm talking about SCS not the Battle Enforcer Mod
    IIRC, they don't have poisoned daggers. Instead, they use the Assassin "Poison Weapon" ability.

As far as installing SCS, I don't have my iPad jailbroken, so I don't do any mod installs other than ones that are just copy files for override/portraits directory.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Any chance for a BG2 EE release?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I would like to see one for BG II EE also that would be great!