Skip to content

[BG:EE] Battle Enhancer Mod (ver 1.33 RELEASED!)

Comments

• VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    shadow85 said:

Found another bugg:
    It seems that some animals such as wolves stay blue circle as a neutral and they dont attack you,when you find them. But if you hang around for a while they eventually automatically turn red circle enemy and attack you.

I'd say this is a feature. :) It feels natural that maybe they haven't spotted you or maybe they haven't decided to hunt you down yet. I like the fact that not all animals are Hostile. Bears are the same in vanilla BG2 IIRC.
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    edited November 2013

shadow85 said:

Found another bugg:
    It seems that some animals such as wolves stay blue circle as a neutral and they dont attack you,when you find them. But if you hang around for a while they eventually automatically turn red circle enemy and attack you.

I'd say this is a feature. :) It feels natural that maybe they haven't spotted you or maybe they haven't decided to hunt you down yet. I like the fact that not all animals are Hostile. Bears are the same in vanilla BG2 IIRC.
    I also don't mind this feature weather it's deliberate or not. As i do have a few rangers in my party it feels like there combined aura makes animals such as wolves become friendly or non hostile to you but eventually they will get fed up and mistake you as food. They must be hungry critters.
  • CharanCharan Member Posts: 118
    shadow85 said:

Found another bugg:

That's actually a feature. Also not this mod's feature but SCS feature.
    Erg said:

Charan said:

Doesn't weide only make a backup of previous files before overwriting them with new ones? I dobut it actually merges files and scripts. It just seems prretty much impossible and requiring some thought in making.

WeiDU can overwrite files with new ones, but can also merge them (in WeiDU jargon is called "to patch a file").

Example 1: if a WeiDU mod changes only the HP of a given creature, and a second WeiDU mod changes only the THAC0 and AC, installing both of them, in whatever order, will change both HP and THAC0/AC.

Example 2: the file WeiDU is patching is already in override, because of a non-WeiDU mod previously installed, WeiDU may change only some of the properties of that file instead of replacing it entirely.

Thus, I would recommend installing WeiDU mods always after non-WeiDU mods.
    Thanks. Now I have a reason to WeiDU this mod. I'll look into that at some point probably.
    ^^ that's what I thought. Scs weidu patches files that's why I installed BE first then SCS and they both seem to be working as intended together ingame, e.g. boo is in inventory (scs feature) and shop prices are more like hard times now (BE feature), and ofcourse along with all the other features frm both mods.
    Hey charan im still finding alot of magical items. I found a staffmace +2 from an ogre in the map north of gnoll stronghold and a +1 long sword. I have found probably 6-9 in total as a level 1-2 party.
  • SarnindSarnind Member Posts: 256
    edited November 2013
    Charan said:

Sarnind said:

I have found a bug, when I try to go to the third lower floor of the naskel mines the game always crashes.

shadow85 said:

Hey charan i have a few issues:

Also, west of nashkel on the map where the dryad ask's for help defend her tree against ruffian's that want to destroy it, there is alot of gnoll's north on this map that are casting prebuff spells in a loop as it appears on the log window.

When you find them on the map they are in blue circles not red and the leader is suppose to come talk to you automatically scripted but he doesnt, you have to manually go click on him n he asks for gold from you.

If you resfuse he attacks you but him and his fellow gnolls circles stay blue and the game thinks they are neutral not red circles as enemies even though they attack you.

My next issue is that I am still finding too many magical items on dead creatures. I started a new game and only upto nashkel and I have already found several powerful items such as a +2 mace, cloak of protection +1 and a +1 sword. That is far too many powerful items too quickly my party is only lvl 1-2

Just one more question: What monsters did drop the items? Whats your current kill count?

For the bugs: working on a fix. Shadow did your game crashed ad third level of mines too?
    Sarnid are you using currently any other mods?
    I have only u mod combined with difficult tweak for tacho and hp boost and simdingo patch for reduce or boost xp
    shadow85 said:

Hey charan im still finding alot of magical items. I found a staffmace +2 from an ogre in the map north of gnoll stronghold and a +1 long sword. I have found probably 6-9 in total as a level 1-2 party.

I m level 6 and i have found a few items +1, I think 5 / 6
    shadow85 said:

You are an incredibly lucky bastard then!
    No but for real in few hours ill release a hotfix for gnolls and mulahey and also slight reduce in drop rates. Whats your killcount now?
    Sorry i keep forgetting to check my kill count. On the otherhand gnoll stronghold was alot harder this time around, there was huge mobs of tough gnolls everywhere.

I actually had to use buff potions and healing potions n spells this time around and also had to use the stairs as a 'hot gates' to fight that huge mob with the chieftan. Liking the difficulty much more this time around.

• RedJoshRedJosh Member Posts: 8
    Charan said:

RedJosh said:

Hi Charan,

The mod works really well and has significantly improved the challenge and enjoyment I get from the game; definitely feels like you are in the middle of an iron crisis now.

Bravo :)

Hey sorry if this is too much of a hassle but can you provide some additional information to this great feedback?:
    How long did you play with it?
    Did you start a New Game
    How many enemies have you slain with your party and have many(around) ADDITIONAL items have dropped from them so far?

Thanks
    Hey Charan,

I started an new game; 3/3 FM almost 4/3, with a party of 6: Imoen, Neera, Jaheira, Kivan and Isra (a mod Paladin); have found lot of magical potions, a couple of high level mage scrolls and 4 magical items ( bag of plenty +1, war hammer +1, dagger +1 and the x-bow of speed [from a Xvart in Gnoll Stronghold]); cleared 8 Wilderness Areas, GS and have done a few side quests around Beregost, FAI and Nashkel. I've killed about 350 enemies but my party chopped and changed a bit before this so I would assume a few more. Gnoll Stronghold much better with the mod installed.

I just reached the entrance to lvl 3 of the Nashkel Mines when I had the same problem as Saranind.
    Sarnind said:

I have found a bug, when I try to go to the third lower floor of the naskel mines the game always crashes.

The mods I have installed are the XP cap remover, T'was a Slow Boat to Kar Tur, Deidree and Joluv for BGEE, Neera Romance Expansion, Isra NPC, Valerie NPC, the Wand Case, the Weapon Pack and Armour Pack.

I'm about to remove all my other mods and have a go with just yours to see what happens when I try to reach lvl 3 of the mines after starting a new game.

Will post to let you know what happens.

Still think the mod is brillinat.

Josh

Version 1.12 released
    Fixed the overbuffing and not talking to NPC Gnoll
    Fixed the crash issue in third level of nashkel mines.

IMPORTANT: If you have the mod already in your override folder: delete AR5403.ARE from it to fix the nashkel crash issue.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Did you also reduce drop rate for magical items in this version?
    drop rate is fine i m level 6 and i have drop only 5/6 +1 items
    Really??? I think magical drop rates need reduce. I am even getting alot of powerful potions. Im only lvl 2 party n only cleared maybe 6-7 maps. I have found heaps of +1 and some +2 items.
    Also charand im not sure if its your mod, but the gnoll chieftan in the stronghold was doing the same prefull spell loop constantly when you enter the map until you face him.
    edited November 2013
    I fixed it for all chieftain creatures in 1.12 :]
    I kept the drop rates for now because it seems that shadow just got lucky with his drops so far (from average kill count per playthrough, the drop rates should be fine). Will need more feedback.
    And for the magical potions, they are not a part of the rare drop - theres a different script section responsible for pots. Also they should be used by the monsters. Theres a chance you killed the enemy before he got a chance to use it.
    Hey charan man i just got back from work and played 10 minutes and have already found 2 new magical items from low level creatures. I got an amulet of spell warding from a xvart and a halberd +2 from a gnoll.

It makes the game to easy still koz all this magical stuff i am finding sells for alot of gold still not to mention the abundance of scrolls and potions i am finding. Its not as exciting when i am getting many magical drops from random low lvl creatures.

I do like your mod but this magical drops are becoming a bit ridiculous, im actually throwing the magical items i find away now and only keeping the ones found from boss's and chests as intended from vanilla bgee.
    edited November 2013
    @shadow85
    Well current drop rates is:
    0,6% per low tier enemy to drop an additional item (1 out of about 150) - mostly +1
    ~1,1% per middle tier enemy to drop additional item (1 out of 90) - mostly +2
    ~5% per highest tier enemy to drop additional item() - mostly +2, but bigger chance for legendary

Average kill count per game is about 1500 enemies, that gives about 20-30 additional items per game course, from which most will be +1, then +2, and about 2-3 legendary items with given probability.

You either edited the random drop script or are really really lucky. I was aiming to obtain 20-30(60%+1, 30%+2, 10% +3/legendary) additonal items from my mod so there's actually a decent chance to obtain something that fits your personal needs. I'll revise the drop chances but I really need more feedback from some other people regarding the drop rates and their team progression :]. Guess you should just be happy that you obtain so many items. It's really all RANDOM.
    Just played through candlekeep with your mod to test it. Is it normall that mages stay away from fight? I attacked Phlydia. She casted on herself Armor... and ran away. When i cought her she started fighting with her dagger. Only after few seconds she casted offensive spell. The same goes with Firebead. She casted Fear and ran away to the second floor. In group maybe it's normal, but when mages are solo they should imo stay in place and cast offensive spells as fast as possible.
    edited November 2013
    @Etamin
    I'll explain exactly what happened there:
    You attacked her so she started with a defensive spell (spell casting has 6 seconds cooldown)
    During that 6 seconds: since you were not next to her she decided to increase the distance(the bug is here- I need to add a line NoLeaveArea to the script so they don't leave areas)
    When you caught her, she probably still had spell cooldown, hence attacked you with her dagger.
    After the cooldown expired, she casted her next spell.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll improve the mages script today.
    That sounds very reasonable. When i think about this normaly mages, for instances Firebead, after casting crowdcontrol/defensive spell stood in place taking one damages after the other. It seems much more natural for them to try run away while they are at cooldown. Forgot about it totally :).
    Charan said:

@shadow85
    You either edited the random drop script or are really really lucky. I was aiming to obtain 20-30(60%+1, 30%+2, 10% +3/legendary) additonal items from my mod so there's actually a decent chance to obtain something that fits your personal needs. I'll revise the drop chances but I really need more feedback from some other people regarding the drop rates and their team progression :]. Guess you should just be happy that you obtain so many items. It's really all RANDOM.

Lol well I dont really like finding all the magical items like that, especially so many, lol cmon this is BG not diablo. I do like everything else in the mod, buy itz ok the simple fix for me is throwing the magical items i find from standard creatures away.
    edited November 2013
    @shadow85
    I can lower the rates and send you a private fix just for you if you want.

Also have in mind that maybe the universe will find a way to punish you for finding all these +1's. Maybe you won't find a single Legendary Tier item i included in my random drop mode :D And these are the most tasty ones.
    edited November 2013
    To do list:
    - Improve casters behaviour
    - Incorporate help calls (attacked enemy will call nearby friends that can't see you). (will require testing)
    - Unique fighting mechanics for ethereal/ghost creatures (blink dogs spectres etc.)
    Good improvements although I notice that some enemies do seem to call for help whilst others dont. E.g. gnolls seem to attack together, but hobgoblins do not.
    shadow85 said:

Good improvements although I notice that some enemies do seem to call for help whilst others dont. E.g. gnolls seem to attack together, but hobgoblins do not.

There is an existing script called SHOUT.bcs which was actually assigned to SOME enemies. I'll take SHOUT's content, modify it a bit and incorporate to the very same script that creates additional loot and teaches enemies how to use potions. I just hope it won't infuence the script execution performance (should not)
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    i think Your mod may be quite entertaining :) I like SCS priest/druid/mage precast spells component, does it work with Your mod?? And i assume that end of chapter battles component from SCS is not compatible with BE?
    edited November 2013
    Version 1.2 RELEASED!
    Changes:
    - Full compatibility with BGEE patch 1.2 (Rasaad required HP-Reroll due to change in his kit).
    - Improved casters behavior between spell casts. Also they will no longer leave areas when repositioning.
    - Enemies call for help to nearby units that can't see your party. It's no longer possible to lure enemies one by one from the fog of war.
    - Slighty lowered drop chances.
    - Improved potion using mechanism. Now enemies are much more likely to use their magical mixtures and will also do it faster than before.
    mackos said:

i think Your mod may be quite entertaining :) I like SCS priest/druid/mage precast spells component, does it work with Your mod?? And i assume that end of chapter battles component from SCS is not compatible with BE?

I think shadow85 installed my mod first and then WeiDu'ed SCS on it and everything seemed to work (or at least most of it). I'm planning on WeiDU'ing Battle Enhancer as well in near future but actually I'm hoping that someone could help me with that as I rather to spend the little time I have to improve the mod than to learn WeiDU :/