Skip to content

[BG:EE] Battle Enhancer Mod (ver 1.33 RELEASED!)

Comments

• mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    most important thing- enjoy your mod, you don't need necesarily to learn WEIDU to do that
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    i want to try 1.2, but not sure if I have to reinstall SCS over it also.
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    also, the link in your first page is v1.12, but in the readme it under version changes it states there is 1.12, and 1.2.

What is the one we download here in the first page, 1.12 or 1.2?
  • CharanCharan Member Posts: 118
    edited November 2013
    Sorry I finished late yesterday and didn't rename the folder. But it was 1.2 content all night long.
    Updated the first page now.

@shadow85 here's just the patch file that will allow you to switch from 1.12 to 1.2 possibly without overwrithing any scs files. (however rasaad may not be soul monk for you if he wasn't when you met him
    )
    Post edited by Charan on
    if in doubt. Reinstall SCS after patching and it should be perfectly fine.
    Any feedback regarding new features of BE 1.2? Any bugs?
    Ot everything is just perfect now and everyone is just playing haha
    Version 1.21 released.
    - Fix for neutral NPC's potion using.
    - Vampiric Wolf is now considered undead.
    edited November 2013
    one thing - NPCs who reward You with a potion, use them isntead of giving them to you - example a gnome which offers you a task to kill spiders in Bergost or a mage in nashkel tent. I think this also happened in silke quest
    edited November 2013
    mackos said:

one thing - NPCs who reward You with a potion, use them isntead of giving them to you - example a gnome which offers you a task to kill spiders in Bergost or a mage in nashkel tent

Are you sure you are not using an outdated version? 1.21 fixed NPC's using their potions for no apparent reason.

Btw. Version 1.3 RELEASED!
    Changes:
    - Smart targeting has been improved. Enemies won't attempt to chase your squishies too far - they will choose appropriate nearby target instead (it's almost impossible to keep them focused on the main party tank). Current design is more sofisticated and won't allow for hit'n'run exploit.
    - Cosmetic fix for casters: They will now face nearest enemy after repositioning.
    - Added Smart targeting to more enemies.

I strongly recommend updating the mod to the latest version each update (You don't need to start a new game!)
    edited November 2013
    uum yes i'm actually using 1.2 version sorry. I'll share my experience with your mod when i finish the game with BE. it wont be fast but it will happen eventually
    edited November 2013
    @mackos just download 1.3 and overwrite the files. It won't negatively affect your current game. You can keep my mod up to date during session with no problems.

Keeping the mod up to date ensures the desired experience :]. I actually started playing with it myself that's why I released two new patches today - I want it to be perfect.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited November 2013
    I just wanted to post some feedback after several hours of playing, but you have already fixed everything i noticed :). Due to drop rate of magical items i didnt find anything and my party is 3lvls. Maybe except Zhurlong's Boots of Stealth from hobgoblins south of Beregost... except those are not his boots. Those are regular version, Zhurlong don't recognize them. I don't know if this is your mod or some sort of default bug. If you are really bored you can check it, if those quest hobgoblins drop Zhurlong's boots for you.
    BTW: 67000 for robes from Talanthir O_o. Well, maybe it's fair price. With reputation and charisma it should be cut by at least half and i already have over 9000g (start of chapter 2, 5000 from basilus).
    @Etamin
    Thanks for feedback. Do you have my mod mixed with SCS?
    Yes, but without "AI Modifications" and "Tactical Challenges" modules to not mess with your mod.
  • jean30jean30 Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2013
    Hello again..i don't know if it is normal , but an hobgoblin (just left of friendly arm inn) just shot me a fireball...instant wipe since i am lev 1 . . .
    Edit: it did it again after i loaded the game... it seems it has a pot of oil burning (lev1 /sad) ...bad hobgoblin . ..
    Etamin said:

Yes, but without "AI Modifications" and "Tactical Challenges" modules to not mess with your mod.

Should be fine but I'm wondering why you didn't get any drops yet. Maybe shadow85 took all the drops, as he claimed
    jean30 said:

Hello again..i don't know if it is normal , but an hobgoblin (just left of friendly arm inn) just shot me a fireball...instant wipe since i am lev 1 . . .
    Edit: it did it again after i loaded the game... it seems it has a pot of oil burning (lev1 /sad) ...bad hobgoblin . ..

It's 100% intentional. He just spawned a potion of burning and makes a good use of it. It's VERY rare to have enemies spawn these potions but it makes the game a little more interesting. Best case scenario: you somehow manage to provoke the fireball and survive. Worst case scenario: Come back at lvl 2

actaully it is not that rare :) after few hours i met 4 enemies using this potion and i really enjoy this. You never know what you can expect from kobold or hobgoblin ;p
    edited November 2013
    everything was quite easy so far. now, I'm in the cave full of flesh golems. i can't beat them with 5 level party. Calling for help is deadly here

Update: Ok managed to kill them :-) i had to use potions to do that, that was nice :)
    Post edited by mackos on
    On a side note: I'm playing on Regular (middle) difficulty. Switching to easy only for HP rolls on levels.
  • RellinRellin Member Posts: 28
    So, I want to use SCS, BattleEnhancer, BG2 Tweaks, and BP Series Party AI as my 4 mods. I am thinking my install order should be:

BattleEnhancer
    BG2 Tweaks
    SCS
    BP Series Party AI

Anyone see an issue with that? Is there anything I should not install from BG2 Tweaks or SCS to avoid issues, or is everything okay since BG2 Tweaks and SCS just patch files? Any concerns on installing AI enhancements from SCS or BG2 tweaks? I ask because I know SCS has NPCs using potions in it already. Is stuff like that an issue?
    @Rellin Hey I think that order is fine, Some monster may loose their ability to spawn additional treasure that's for sure but it should be quite ok notheless.

Also Ver 1.31 released:
    - Script optimalization and cleanup.
    - Smart targeting added to more enemies.
    - Fix for Branwen starting HP.
    I just heard your mod is a culprit of bugging Zhurlong's Boots quest. Can you fix it somehow?

"The mod [Battle Enhancer] overrides most of the game creatures without patching. The HOBGZHUR.CRE file still contains a reference to BOOT02 instead of BOOT02ZH. You can open the file (even with notepad) and you'll see BOOT02 (and no BOOT02ZH) among the binary stuff.

It looks like the mod was started prior to the patch release. It might bring back other similar issues from the previous version of the game. There may not be many, since the mod readme mentions updating Rasaad due to the patch, but I would be cautious anyway. "
    edited November 2013
    Charan said:

@Rellin Hey I think that order is fine, Some monster may loose their ability to spawn additional treasure that's for sure but it should be quite ok notheless

@Charan How many monsters? Is it like all of them, or just a few? Just trying to get idea of how many it would remove additional treasure from. Would make gold balance an issue if it was like 90% or something.
    Post edited by Rellin on
    Rellin said:

Charan said:

@Rellin Hey I think that order is fine, Some monster may loose their ability to spawn additional treasure that's for sure but it should be quite ok notheless

@Charan How many monsters? Is it like all of them, or just a few? Just trying to get idea of how many it would remove additional treasure from. Would make gold balance an issue if it was like 90% or something.
    I think about 5% if not less. not sure what bg2 tweaks contains.
    Great, thanks.
    edited November 2013
    Etamin said:

I just heard your mod is a culprit of bugging Zhurlong's Boots quest. Can you fix it somehow?

"The mod [Battle Enhancer] overrides most of the game creatures without patching. The HOBGZHUR.CRE file still contains a reference to BOOT02 instead of BOOT02ZH. You can open the file (even with notepad) and you'll see BOOT02 (and no BOOT02ZH) among the binary stuff.

It looks like the mod was started prior to the patch release. It might bring back other similar issues from the previous version of the game. There may not be many, since the mod readme mentions updating Rasaad due to the patch, but I would be cautious anyway. "

Just doing some workout and I'll fix the boots thing. I think I'll also increase the drop chances a little because my party is like lvl 5 (played whole day yesterday) and got only 2 items - however the belt of hill giant str made me very happy ^^. I must say I'm quite satisfied with the difficulty my mod provides. My party is unable to stay at full health and I have to reload some battle A LOT sometimes - and somes I have to postpone for later. Also I'm unable to hoard healing potions like I used to in vanilla... With BE potion usage is a MUST - well at least for me and my party.

I always used to just give me best equipment to the main tank but now I really split the treasures - for example trying to give Neera the best projectile protection I can as she is often a target for enemy shooters. I really like it.
    Will this boots fix be retrospective? Or do i have to start new game to be able finish this quest?
    IMO drop rate is fine, i'm not sure which items are from your mod and which not, but i have found so far like 5 good items from normal mobs. Comparing to shop prices, finding more magical stuff in corpses would break balanse. Why do i have to gather 10000 for ring of protection, when xvarts drop them.
    BTW, borda drinks his own potion, which is not very wise (and logical) ;)
    edited November 2013
    don't increase drop rates!! I found belt of hill gian str, amulet of power and tsu-zan gauntlets all from BG 2 and i think i was too easy to get them!! (kobold, hobgoblin etc) i even think you should remove such a good drops from low tier monsters. I'm not even mentioning few +2 items i found so far.

Etamin said:

Will this boots fix be retrospective? Or do i have to start new game to be able finish this quest?
    IMO drop rate is fine, i'm not sure which items are from your mod and which not, but i have found so far like 5 good items from normal mobs. Comparing to shop prices, finding more magical stuff in corpses would break balanse. Why do i have to gather 10000 for ring of protection, when xvarts drop them.
    BTW, borda drinks his own potion, which is not very wise (and logical) ;)

Ahahahaha! Foolish Borda! I'll look into that. I made enemies use also the Fake potions just for fun. Guess I could make an exception for borda.

As for the boots fix - it should be retrospective. Just give me a hour - need to shower and eat and I'm ready to code.

PS. Fine I won't increase drop rates. Maybe they are fine now. Guess I'll have to play a little more.