Skip to content

What enemy scares you the most?

Comments

• Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    ^

WHAT IN ALL THATS HOLY IS THAT?

i wont like i kinda want one
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    For me, it's a toss-up between Demogorgon, the monster party that you scrap against just before Demogorgon, or Amelyssan.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

Paladin

NOW I know what scares me the most. Beholders in diapers. Beholders' diapers.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Southpaw said:

Paladin

XD This is awesome! It's helped me get over my fear of Beholders. I want a baby Beholder pet! I mean this adorable thing could be a Pokemon! Or a familiar I guess...

• gunmangunman Member Posts: 215
    edited September 2013
    Aren't green slimes the low level creatures (worth 65 XP or so) that have a special attack that chunks a character if he fails a saving throw? I remember Khalid in Ye Olde Inn being chunked from full health by a green slime attack.
  • RnRClownRnRClown Member Posts: 182
    Spiders.

I don't have a phobia of spiders, but in role-playing games, especially Baldur's Gate, spiders aren't to be taken lightly. Imagining myself in the shoes of my adventurer (at a respectable level with a formidable party) I can honestly say that when faced with a Sword Spider, a Huge Spider, a Giant Spider, etc, I would be more than a little perturbed. Their appearance is unsettling with a large body, gangly legs, a dripping maw, six or eight eyes, and with the speed and sudden nature of which they move, they're something straight out of a nightmare.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I chose dragons, because they're the only thing on the list that has not only caused me TPK's, but have even brought runs to an end.

Other than dragons, the run-enders for me are
    Sarevok, the Reaver, and Mellisan.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Mind Flayers. Because stun-spam plus two/three-shotting stunned characters ruins my day quite often. Their insane magic resistance does not help matters.

Dragons are more threatening, of course, but fighting them is too much fun to be frightening.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited September 2013
    Beholders are something I wouldn't want to run into in a dark cave or allyeway, but I am deathly afraid of creatures that kill you by draining your intelligence... Ooh...
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    Gibberlings.
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    Beholders, because they appear in nightmare-inducing pulsating fleshy lairs.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Nalmissra and her party on the fifth level of Watcher's Keep. They have caused me more grief over the years than Demogorgon himself.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    Urgh, beholders. Running into one of those unprepared is basically an instant reload scenario.
  • Starflower2525Starflower2525 Member Posts: 44
    Mind Flayers
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288

Paladin

the only good beholder is a dead beholder
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    taltamir said:

Paladin

the only good beholder is a dead beholder
    Y͘o͞u ̴a̡ŕe a͘ mon̶st̡er, ͏s̶įr.̡

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

Southpaw said:

Paladin

XD This is awesome! It's helped me get over my fear of Beholders. I want a baby Beholder pet! I mean this adorable thing could be a Pokemon! Or a familiar I guess...

It reminds me of my familiar in NWN. I loved that you could pick a familiar from a list of creatures and give it a name. Insightful Izzy was a valued friend of my necromancer.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited September 2013
    doggy said:

And last but not least: noober

Sometimes I think Noober must be one of those insanity inducing Old Ones straight from Call of Cthulhu...
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited September 2013
    Mind Flayers, Vamps, including mists, and Mummies, in that order, but especially mind Flayers as I really haven't been successful at killing them properly. - By properly, I mean without cheating - Oh & cowled wizards, and spiders against low level parties.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Basilisks are mean SOBs.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    No love for gibberlings?
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    Ettercaps. Ugly, pretty strong for BG1,and if you see one you can bet a web and 1d4 poisonous spiders are about to appear.
    They're bad enough in cloak wood, but in Peldvale they're worse. Those 4 red wizards will cast fear on your party so they run around springing web traps and leading hordes of etercaps back to your party.
  • JTMJTM Member Posts: 70
    Right now, none. But when I first played through BG2, it was Demogorgon.
  • GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    I really hate the Doppelgangers. They just give me the creeps, especially how fast they are, and their nasty, raspy voices.

Not the hardest enemy by far, but to answer your question what.. you know, scares me the most..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013
    Gotta go with the Alhoon. Seriously a mindflayer lich is some crazy stuff. Its my favour part of the sewers!

Mindflayers in general just scare me. :)
  • Edwin_OdesseironEdwin_Odesseiron Member Posts: 226
    In terms of challenges, probably Beholders.

In terms of annoyingness and endless groaning at the sheer frustration of it all is the level-drain vampires accurse you with. A few hits and you're dead. I always felt at the very LEAST they could offer a saving throw against this. Or that the game would remember what spells you had memorized prior to being level drained.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428

Kobolds *cringes* ._.

whats that? your a mage? have fun with our 8 shortbow users!!
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Liches.

I only managed to beat some of them, with some of my characters. The Liches in the Underdark were doable, but I haven't beaten any of the Liches hidden in Athkatla yet except the one in the Inn with a lucky hit from Azuredge, but I've never managed to beat him since.