Skip to content

Phase II: Hardware Compatibility Test

Comments

• PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited September 2013
    @dee wow you answered too fast. I edited with this :
    "Also i realized my account address ( for the game) and my forum linked address are not the same. Not sure if it's ok for you to pass the info (maybe you send messages to betatesters through PM on this forum ?) "
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you're emailing from a different email address than what you use for your Beamdog account, just let me know what your Beamdog account address is so I know what to look up.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Ok, i just sent you a PM with all my account infos.
  • gelpgelp Member Posts: 3
    No loading screens! None whatsoever!

I think I love this, but I'll miss some of the loading tips.

Found a bug and emailed you about it, but so far it's just purdy.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Quick feel on my laptop - will do extensive testing tomorrow: Game is for the first time playable on my Intel chipset laptop. Nice and smooth, and no hiccups gamewise.

However, not without bugs ;)
    Another screenshot.
    Alt+Tab screws up the screen as seen below.
    It seems like the Intel chipset has some issues doing screenshots. Got some black screens first few tries.

Tried closing everything down and doing Alt+Tab to desktop, and same result.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    Thought I would post my quick first impressions:

The dialog text is much sharper. The colors seem to be better also.

Love how racial thieving bonuses are listed during race selection!
    Also that prime requisites for dual classing are listed for some classes, but not all?

I also rolled a 90 for my Stalker on one re-roll and critted Tarnesh for 28 damage!
    So a good start to this Beta :-)
    Hey folks--

I've created a new forum called "The Road to v1.2"; Feel free to start new threads about your favorite changes as you see them. That should keep things from getting too cluttered in this thread.

Glad to hear people are enjoying it so far; we're making notes of things as people report them.
  • WierdoomWierdoom Member Posts: 15
    Sent my info off. Screenshots are looking good so far.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013
    ronaldo said:

Thought I would post my quick first impressions:

The dialog text is much sharper. The colors seem to be better also.

Love how racial thieving bonuses are listed during race selection!
    Also that prime requisites for dual classing are listed for some classes, but not all?

I also rolled a 90 for my Stalker on one re-roll and critted Tarnesh for 28 damage!
    So a good start to this Beta :-)

EXCELLENT.

Tarnesh deserves to be backstabbed. :D

Glad to see people are happy with the patch (at least hopefully there are no more issues). :)
  • StuckinMudStuckinMud Member Posts: 45
    Had to resend my thunderbird was acting up:(
  • th3rulXTth3rulXT Member Posts: 9
    Email sent succesfully !
    I've included my laptop details because i think you're aiming at intel chipset compatibility, am i right ?

Also had some more common config with a legit windows 8.1 RTM for .NET application debugging. I can lend you a hand for windows 8.1 tests if needed.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    There, sent an e-mail!
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    These black borders - are they design choice, or something is wrong? First pic is non-scaled, second is scaled. Same is on first screen, where DLCs are flashing now.
  • upi00rupi00r Member Posts: 91
    So the GUI is still blury from what I can see :/
    Xzar said:

These black borders - are they design choice, or something is wrong? First pic is non-scaled, second is scaled. Same is on first screen, where DLCs are flashing now.

We're working on a better solution for the background, since at the moment with UI scaling turned off the panels don't fit right. For the moment, removing them is better than leaving in pieces that don't fit together.
    upi00r said:

So the GUI is still blury from what I can see :/

Try going into Graphics Options and turning off "Scale User Interface". :)
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Judging from Xzar's screenshots, I like those screens better this way. IMO the original "filler" HUD elements didn't really do the trick.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Submitted my rig. Look forward to watching this thread for updates :)
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Found a bug - Potion of Invisibility grants its effects, but effect itself not mentioned in characters status - neither on portrait panel, nor on R screen.
    Xzar said:

Found a bug - Potion of Invisibility grants its effects, but effect itself not mentioned in characters status - neither on portrait panel, nor on R screen.

I don't recall invisibility ever being mentioned as an active effect.
    Invisibility doesn't have a status icon, so it won't show up in the record screen or on the portrait.
    redline said:

Dee said:

Invisibility doesn't have a status icon, so it won't show up in the record screen or on the portrait.

I'm pretty sure it's there, just... invisible.

/shows self out
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    Email sent! Here's hoping. Looking forward to the patch when it comes out!
  • jethrojethro Member Posts: 81
    Running Multi-Player in Black Pits...hitting some hiccups. Most noteably turning Baeloth invisible when I cast Invisibility 10' Radius near him. Forces me to rest till it wears off since I can't go to the next battle!

A little stutter when there's lots of effects on screen, but i'll email...
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited October 2013
    Sent my email. I was wondering if this patch would improve multiplayer connectivity at all since I tend to lose connection every 45 minutes to 2 hours when connecting to a friend that hosts.
This discussion has been closed.