Skip to content

Unrealistic Fantasy Art

Comments

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    @jacobtan Gods, that meat-grinder... Meat-grinder!! *cringes* I've been successfully traumatized this morning...
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607

Well she looks like a thief/mage with high charisma. She wouldn't need heavy armor since it would hamper her abilities. The leather looks good on her.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    winters said:

n/c

Well, isn't she the Cheeky one! Sitting around on ice and snow on her bare thighs. ::Makes Spock eyebrow.::
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    LadyRhian said:

Well, isn't she the Cheeky one!

I see what you did there.
    @Jackjack Be thankful I didn't make a joke about the size of those horns on her helmet like "Compensating for something?" ;)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014
    LadyRhian said:

image by bogdan-MRK (not bad, but she needs to fix those armor cover gaps)

That picture reminds me of the start of The Fellowship of the Ring, the Nazgúl searching for Frodo who hides inside a tree thinking that the one in the horse was Gandalf, hah!

@winters‌ she'll get her ass frozen for sure, in less than what you can imagine (considering you are exposing your skin to snow…).
    LadyRhian said:

image by Bogdan-MRK Why does advanced always mean "less armor"?

AAAAAAAND! That one reminds me of Luke Skywalker in The Empires Strikes Back, in Hoth's Wampa Cave.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Well she looks like a thief/mage with high charisma. She wouldn't need heavy armor since it would hamper her abilities. The leather looks good on her.

With that face mask, she looks like she enjoys fava beans with a nice chianti.... ;-)
    @AstroBryGuy Is she having an old friend for dinner, do you think? ;)
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    winters said:

Southpaw said:

On the other hand, I had some serious troubles with finding a person on that picture...

that is from warhammer fantasy and its a warrior of chaos so its safe to assume that EITHER: its bolted into his skin and he is blessed by nurgle to not feel pain, OR its bolted into his skin and he is blessed by slaanesh so he likes the pain, OR he is blessed by khorne and he is so angry not to notice the impracticality of it, but the most logical one is tzeench "blessed" him and he is just naked and that's his skin now, what? tzeench IS the changer of ways :P but fantasy got alot less ridiculous now, giants stunning trees with a stick aside *seethe from tormenting game of warhammer previously*
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252

winters said:

Southpaw said:

On the other hand, I had some serious troubles with finding a person on that picture...

that is from warhammer fantasy and its a warrior of chaos so its safe to assume that EITHER: its bolted into his skin and he is blessed by nurgle to not feel pain, OR its bolted into his skin and he is blessed by slaanesh so he likes the pain, OR he is blessed by khorne and he is so angry not to notice the impracticality of it, but the most logical one is tzeench "blessed" him and he is just naked and that's his skin now, what? tzeench IS the changer of ways :P but fantasy got alot less ridiculous now, giants stunning trees with a stick aside *seethe from tormenting game of warhammer previously*
    It's from Warhammer 40K AFAIK and chaos or no chaos, this is simply ridiculous.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    by mikrob

Meet Perseus, the illegitimate son of Thor and butt-naked hero of old... in the search of the holy loincloth!
  • iuventasiuventas Member Posts: 95
    edited April 2014

[picture]
    by mikrob

Meet Perseus, the illegitimate son of Thor and butt-naked hero of old... in the search of the holy loincloth!

Okay, but does he have the, erm, third pair of wings?

[spoiler]
    Terry Pratchett, Going Postal:
    ‘Very well, but this is the last time. It’s not good to look too often on the face of a god,’ he said. ‘Or any other part.’
    ‘But you said there used to be a gold statue of him in the big hall, Mr Groat. People must’ve looked on it all the time.’
    Groat hesitated. But Stanley was a growing lad. He’d have to know sooner or later.
    ‘Mind you, I don’t reckon people used to look on the face much,’ he said. ‘They looked more on the . . . wings.’
    ‘On his hat and his ankles,’ said Stanley. ‘So he could fly the messages at the speed of . . . messages.’
    A little bead of sweat dripped off Groat’s forehead. ‘Mostly on his hat and ankles, yes,’ he said. ‘Er . . . but not only there.’
    Stanley peered at the picture. ‘Oh, yes. I never noticed them before. He’s got wings on—’
    ‘The fig leaf,’ said Groat quickly. ‘That’s what we call it.’
    [/spoiler]
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Judging from the artwork, it probably flew off by itself... making Perseus pretty much genderless.
    @Iuventas Oh, so is that where the expression, "I don't give a flying…" came from?
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    LadyRhian said:

image by Bogdan-MRK Why does advanced always mean "less armor"?

Is it bad that the biggest problem I have with this is the key ring? I mean, I get it. Light armor and all, but that corset looks so tight as to be restrictive. The pants are the right direction. The mask you can justify as magical, perhaps to muffle sound.

...BUT SHE HAS JANGLING KEYS ON HER BELT! FOR EFFS SAKE!

Seriously woman. Nothing on you should be jangling at any time, its bad enough you likely jiggle everywhere!
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Food for thought. Let's not forget the other side, as well. ;)

@Archaos Said everyone when they first picked up Metroid and met Samus. :P
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269

@Archaos Said everyone when they first picked up Metroid and met Samus. :P

I'm pretty sure Samus was only revealed to be female at the end of Metroid 1, until then the armor was all you saw.

edited April 2014
    @Nonnahswriter @Corvino Samus came in an age when all women in games were damsels in distress, like Princess Peach, Princess Zelda, Princess-- You get the idea.

And the reveal at the end, was a very smart move on Nintendo to move the industry forward.
    Many kids back then were like "I'm not gonna play as a girl! They cannot fight! Not buying this stupid game"

And after completing the game, very fast, the developers told you: "See? Women make badass heroes as well and you've been playing as one the whole time".

Also let's not forget that Samus in Metroid 1 had her gender revealed only if you finished the game really fast I think and she appeared in basically underwear. ;)
    Archaos said:

Also let's not forget that Samus in Metroid 1 had her gender revealed only if you finished the game really fast I think and she appeared in basically underwear. ;)

If I had one gripe to complain about the Metroid series in the "feminism" world, this would be it. But I'll take what progress I can. :)
    Personally I like her outfit on the far right. It manages to look like something someone might actually wear. Its still sexualized a bit, especially the top, but at least I can actually see someone wearing it.

Its kinda weird how it seems like Samus has actually gotten more covered over time. Shes like the opposite of every woman in Mortal Kombat.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Southpaw said:

This actually makes my brain hurt.
    edited April 2014
    @Southpaw "Because no armor is totally more protective than lots of armor" Monks say hi. ;)

@Nonnahswriter Oh don't get me started on how "feminism" has become nowadays.
    From respect and equality to women it turned into "every female character that is not covered up fully and flat as a board or overweight should be burned at the stake"

But that's another can of worms.
    Post edited by Archaos on
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Archaos said:

@Nonnahswriter Oh don't get me started on how "feminism" has become nowadays.
    From respect and equality to women it turned into "every female character that is not covered up fully and flat as a board or overweight should be burned at the stake"

But that's another can of worms.

I like fishing.

"Feminism", yes. Feminism, absolutely no :]

edited April 2014
    @LadyRhian Exactly. I support the original kind of feminism whole-heartily.

What I don't support is "misandry" and people that think that every video game or movie or fantasy character should be fully covered and dressed and not having more "sexy" (for lack of a better word) assets, otherwise it's somehow wrong.
    Because all male videogame heroes and superheroes are skinny or "normal-looking".

See classic Lara Croft, Samus, Supergirl, Catwoman etc etc.

@scriver Based on my experiences and things I've seen from various sources (like a "feminist" site that tries to cover up various superhero women and making them more butch and "realistic") there's this trend of what I said above.

I'll give another example. Can you imagine how people would react if Kratos and Raiden (MGS2) were females?
    Kratos would be topless and a scene in MGS2 has Raiden walking around completely naked because his equipment was taken.

In short, it's this overreaction and "allergy" to the attractive and exposed female body that annoys me, when male characters everywhere are usually really muscular etc and get away with it.

To me, it's double standards and it's as silly as "protesting" about Superman, Batman, Kratos being unrealistic by a "masculinism" movement.