Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    RelSundan said:

After that, let's circle back to Thay and the goto Baldur's gate!

Sure, sure. Uh, that'll be 10,000 gold, then...up front, if you please.
    RelSundan said:

For all of us or per head? I need to gather my party before venturing forth.

...Per head. It's, uh, a bit of a risky journey, and self-defense is the customers' responsibility, since I'm an inveterate coward.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    If you do, that would be a lot of wasted money.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Saemon should have just left the sword at Brynnlaw.

It makes no sense for him to keep it anywhere near him, since he clearly knows what it is and what's going to happen.
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    Still, why would he accept a useless blade without the hilt as payment from Bodhi? Unless he was instructed by her to give it to you just to see how you would deal with the Giths.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Francois said:

Still, why would he accept a useless blade without the hilt as payment from Bodhi? Unless he was instructed by her to give it to you just to see how you would deal with the Giths.

Would YOU negotiate with Bodhi?
    deltago said:

He does know. The Gith were going to attack his ship regardless, as they knew he was the thief. If the sword wasn't there, they probably would have tortured him until he told them where he left the sword, then killed him. He was hoping that, by passing off the blade and then the blame to a third party, would save his sorry hide.

You are also not paying Saemon the gold, but the Shadow Thieves. They are booking your passage, and admit that the gold is much needed for their current war. You do get a couple of trinkets out of it (plus more work)

They are probably paying Saemon much less, and the gold not only paid for the captain, but his entire crew as well (they don't serve him for free). Once they got to Brynnlaw though, they can seek employment elsewhere.

But he wasn't the thief, if his talk about it being his payment from Bodhi is any...oh, duh. He was paid in gold, wasn't he, and stole the sword blade on the side. Okay, that explains that.

As for the other payment, Aran says that the bulk of the gold you gave him paid for the passage plus the crew, so I assume he at least got a very significant chunk of that. Aran's exposition has to be at least slightly more reliable than Saemon's. Maybe.