Skip to content

What game are you playing while you wait.

Comments

• j3cwillj3cwill Member Posts: 51
    I have been having a blast with Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Avadon
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    @Lorfean
    Im doing the same with NV, without the JSawyer mod (though I did consider it). Did you try the Newvegus uncut mods? The open freeside mod makes freeside alot better imo. Love the game though.

Shame you arent going to get BGEE. I have the same experience as you and barely ever modded BG, but the EE I think is a good choice for me as I was considering going through a modded BG sometime soon. The enhanced version is an already modded version with new content added ontop of that.

Oh well, you have to remember that the original BG will always be there :)
  • LorfeanLorfean Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2012
    @Excalibur_2102
    No, I haven't tried the NV uncut mods -- in addition to the JSawyer Mod I only used MTUI and Centered 3rd Person Camera. Oh, and I obviously played with Hardcore Mode enabled. I honestly can't describe the impact of the JSawyer mod and do it justice, so you're gonna have to try that for yourself... but It's like everything just falls into place. It's makes the game into what it should've been on release, and what (I think) Fallout fans have been looking for ever since Black Isle's F3 was cancelled. Just brilliant, awesome stuff.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Planescape: Torment!!
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Driver: San Francisco, that funny. ^^
  • PietrakPietrak Member Posts: 8
    Warhammer 40k: Space Marine. Also giving Starcraft II a shot again as the new patch came out recently :)
  • oldsch00loldsch00l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 192

Driver: San Francisco, that funny. ^^

\o/ I'm not the only one !

Great game : city is huge, car modeling is perfect, it's just fun while waiting for serious battles in BG:EE :-)
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    j3cwill said:

I have been having a blast with Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Avadon

Playing these as well, not as good as BG, but worth playing
  • BallinWallinBallinWallin Member Posts: 2
    Diablo 3 & Baldur's Gate 2
  • YemethYemeth Member Posts: 36
    vampire: the masquerade -bloodlines
  • XasilXasil Member Posts: 47
    Star ocean: The second story and might play GW2 too
  • AndrewRogueAndrewRogue Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2012
    League of Legends, Dark Souls, and, after the weekend is over, Persona 4 Arena. Want to squeeze in some Blood Bowl as well. Not to mention all the board games and such I love. :p

I gave some thought to playing BG1/BG2 but, realistically, at the rate I play, especially when my plate is full? BG1EE would be out before I even finished BG1.

Interesting note though: not a lot of console games on this forum, are there?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I just finished Skyrim. Now I'm playing IWD.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Yemeth said:

I used to love that game! Parts of it however felt unfinished.
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    Icewind Dale 2 here.

I've been craving som IE action for a while, and I finally had a chance to dig my IWD2 discs out of storage about a week ago.
  • luluscadoluluscado Member Posts: 69
    Im playing civ 5 and trine. But I'm stuck on my mac at the moment other wise i think i would be playing neverwinter nights again (i know there a mac version but I'm not paying for the same game twice, apart for the BG:EE obviously)
  • masterdesbaxtermasterdesbaxter Member Posts: 51
    A little bit of this and that- Baldur's Gate (oh, why not?), Mount and Blade: Warband, and some other goodies on and off.
    Delvarian: With unofficial community patch its pretty awesome game :)
  • sknskn Member Posts: 8
    The secret world and the temple of elemental evil.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Starcraft 2 as usual and a bit of Icewind Dale 1. The 1PP mod for ToTLM that restores all the original animations is awesome.
  • JerkyJerky Member Posts: 9
    Counterstrike and Diablo 3
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    Yemeth said:

Personal favorite. Still surprised how popular that game is even to this day with its various flaws. I got that game the day it came out. Ah, love at first play.
    yeah, the atmosphere of the bloodlines is unprecedented, haunted Ocean house creeps me out everytime.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited August 2012
    Lorfean said:

No, IMO you're not missing anything by skipping F3. It lacks the charm and great writing of 1, 2 and NV, and generally just feels "off" compared to the rest of the series.

One of the games I'm playing atm is Fallout3. It's the only Fallout game I know yet, though I already bought 1,2, tactics & New Vegas. Looking forward to play them, but I've just got too many games already going right now. I like Fallout3 a lot, myself. It's a great game, even though there's not much dialogue. There's so much to explore!

Other games at the moment: 3 BG Tutu campaigns (a Fighter>Mage, a Doomblade (Sword & Fist mod), a Gypsy (Song & Silence mod)), 4 BG 2 campaigns with vanilla classes: a Blade, a Totemic Druid, a Fighter/Mage multi and a Cleric/Mage multi. Dark Messiah Might & Magic as it's been so long on the shelf, doesn't feel very related to the other Might & Magic games though. Company of Heroes, though the Tiger Tanks attacking Carentan have been parked for two months now waiting for me to pick up the game again. And started Planescape Torment finally!

I'm a bit too much of a multi-tasker, or tapas-dish-gamer.

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Zeckul said:

Starcraft 2 as usual and a bit of Icewind Dale 1. The 1PP mod for ToTLM that restores all the original animations is awesome.

Icewind Dale! part of my 'tapas dish of games at the moment' as well. One party of 4 already in Lower Dorn's Deep, one party, with deliberately gimped stats, only just cleaning out the Vale of Shadows.
  • eainterplayeainterplay Member Posts: 55
    Planescape Torment, trying to finally finish it before BGEE comes out.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267

Fallout: New Vegas :).. Played the 1st and 2nd, not the third. Am I missing anything?

You're missing what might be my favorite game. Fallout 3 has an incredible story that often makes you feel vulnerable as well as excited. New Vegas wasn't nearly as good. For a comparison of the games, I wrote one on my blog. Here: http://paulsifer.blogspot.com/2012/06/fallout-3-vs-fallout-new-vegas.html
  • AdaramAdaram Member Posts: 146
    I am playing SWTOR and Diablo 3 right now. I am tentatively contemplating TSW; I love the idea of investigation quests.
  • outyouty Member Posts: 1
    maldren said:

I'm playing Civ V but I got a sudden urge to play IWD 2.

Just started playing IW2 right now!
    Party is as follows:
    -Drow Stormlord of Talos (leader)
    -Aasimar Paladin of Helm/Fighter
    -Human Fighter/Barb
    -Human Rogue/Fighter
    -Tiefling Illusionist
    -Moon Elf Druid

rock on!

• CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556

a Gypsy (Song & Silence mod))

Uh, there is a mod kit called a "gypsy"? They do realise that that is a racial slur, right?