Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    no new trailer with release date? marketing mistake!
    Huskarl2006
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    Collector's Edition is so expensive. I don't have that sort of money to spend but. . . I will soon. I'M GOING TO BUY IT, I CANNOT RESIST!
    JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    edited March 2016
    @Vallmyr Look - the Collector's Edition is "Available only while supplies last".

So GO FOR THE EYES!
    Adul
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @bengoshi I am disappointed. You have allowed yourself to be BAMBOOZLED!

How did you let the fact that A COLLECTORS EDITION will be available get past you!

People rely on you!

For some reason I need to state everything gets past me, and I honestly did not see the pre-orders being available on world book day... Dressed as I am, as a dinosaur in underpants. If you know the book I will insightful you...

Actually just purchased it... SO HAAAAPPPY! (the game not the dinosaur suit...)
    JuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

That Collector's Edition sure looks nice, nice job Beamdog!

But, the dice bag doesn't include a bottle of whiskey... Every dice bag is supposed to include a free bottle of whiskey... :wink:

JuliusBorisovGrammarsalad
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
    wojtek
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    bengoshi said:

@Vallmyr Look - the Collector's Edition is "Available only while supplies last".

So GO FOR THE EYES!

For my job I set my own hours and I might just work all night tonight making back the money I'd use to buy it. Totally probably going to buy it when I get home from class.
    JuliusBorisovAdul
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    edited March 2016
    Does any new trailer mean much, if the game will be released in 4 weeks? I don't think so. They've put all their efforts into bug-fixing, and this is much more important.
    AnduinBelgarathMTHkaguana
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited March 2016
    wojtek said:

Normally I would agree, but I feel like the last trailer was amazing, and that's enough for its impressions to last. I mean, you can't top that Minsc voiceover and anything else would be kind of a letdown at this point.
    JuliusBorisovlolienGrammarsalad
    edited March 2016
    not exactly true, minsc is only playing with old Bg1 nostalgia, they could show in trailer some cinematics with new stuff they created initiatory to the Siege of Dragonspear. but oh well, good that we have release date at once !
    Flashburn
    wojtek said:

only playing with old Bg1 nostalgia

Welcome to my life. :wink:
    wojtekBelgarathMTHlolien
  • Sir_GarrickSir_Garrick Member Posts: 32
    I am planning on buying the collector's edition with the DVD. I noticed that it says I can download a digital copy on the 31st through Beamdog to play before the actual collector's set comes. However, I currently only own a GOG version of BG:EE. If I order the collector's edition, will I have access to SoD and the EE for download? Or must I wait for the DVD copy of both to come in before I get to play?
    Adul said:

wojtek said:

only playing with old Bg1 nostalgia

Welcome to my life. :wink:
    that's so true also for me :)
    Adul

Adul said:

you can't top that Minsc voiceover

Maybe not, but we're gonna try.

that's the spirit guys !
    AdulJuliusBorisovlolien

Adul said:

you can't top that Minsc voiceover

Maybe not, but we're gonna try.
    Good luck!
  • Huskarl2006Huskarl2006 Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2016
    Is there going to be a Steam pre-order?
    Dee said:

I am planning on buying the collector's edition with the DVD. I noticed that it says I can download a digital copy on the 31st through Beamdog to play before the actual collector's set comes. However, I currently only own a GOG version of BG:EE. If I order the collector's edition, will I have access to SoD and the EE for download? Or must I wait for the DVD copy of both to come in before I get to play?

Buying the Collector's Edition will get you digital copy of both BG:EE and the Siege expansion. We want you to be able to play the game on launch day, even if this is your first time buying the game from Beamdog.com.
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • downloaddownload Member Posts: 25
    I purchased BG:EE through GOG, do I need to buy the game again or will Siege of Dragonspear work with that version?
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944

wojtek said:

Classic.
    I've already made fan based one
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44603/siege-of-dragonspear-fan-teaser-trailer :smile:
    JuliusBorisov
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    If you bought BGEE through a site not beamdog.com, you'll have to wait for the site to offer it for sale. That includes Steam. The preorders are only for Beamdog versions.
    Huskarl2006JuliusBorisovGrammarsalad
    Do you know when that will be? Will it be before release?
    Any word on when BG:EE and BG2:EE will be patched to include the new classes and features? I'm assuming that's still happening before the release?
    Adul
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    download said:

Steam on March 31 is the only firm date I have.
    JuliusBorisov

download said:

Steam on March 31 is the only firm date I have.
    I guess I'll wait then. I'll buy the game twice if I absolutely have to. Thank you for your reply!