Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    WAT
    COOL
    /totes going to pre-order and buy it both for PC and iOS
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    The hype just got real.
    JuliusBorisovGrammarsalad
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited February 2016
    edit:double post

Double hype.
    JuliusBorisovRodrian
  • GSMGSM Member Posts: 34
    Will talking chickens make a return?
    [Deleted User]
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    edited February 2016
    So that should mean however pre-ordered pre-maturely should know the pricing of Siege and could be bribed... Is that information in any way classified? :wink: Obviously, I'd pay any price, but none the less I'm very curious what it will be.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    It looks like Beamdog may visit the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, that will take place on March 14-18, 2016

There's still no information about Beamdog in the GDC schedule, though http://www.gdconf.com/aboutgdc/
    lolien
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    bengoshi said:

We need our Oscars pre-order badges!

For some reason I interpreted this as meaning that SoD was open for pre-orders.

ValamirCleaverJuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited March 2016
    Perhaps March 22nd is the planned announcement of the release date and opening of pre-orders. It would make sense with the March issue of the Familiar already having been announced to be all about SoD.

EDIT: And May, being before June 30th, is technically in "early 2016"... :sunglasses:
    JuliusBorisov
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    bengoshi said:

Folks at games.gamepressure.com who previously said the release will happen on March, 22, have changed the date to "May 2016"

http://games.gamepressure.com/game.asp?ID=17271

Of course, we haven't heard an official word...

Why did Dee edit your post ? ( probably by adding: " Of course, we haven't heard an official word.... "
    Personally, I don't trust that website.....
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    @Luke93 That was my own phrase, not added.

That post of mine had something more into that - you know, waffles, cookies and rock'n'roll.
    [Deleted User]lolien
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    I still stand by my prediction: Mid April
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001

I predict tomorrow. It'll be released tomorrow.

(Someday, I'll be right)

If you keep saying it everyday, you can't go wrong.
    JuliusBorisovValamirCleaverGoturalGrammarsalad
    Dee said:

IchigoRXC said:

I predict tomorrow. It'll be released tomorrow.

(Someday, I'll be right)

If you keep saying it everyday, you can't go wrong.
    Unless you say it on the day of the release (or any day thereafter).
    And after that "it" will mean a new game, a new patch, a new game... Always
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Finally: "Dragonspear's Lawful Good Denial" that tells you to get OUT of my castle and me paladin in peace.

Disclaimer: this post was made in comedy. Except for that last item. It's real, I'm a paladin, please don't loot my castle :(

Let's see if my chaotic neutral jester will listen.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    deltago said:

Finally: "Dragonspear's Lawful Good Denial" that tells you to get OUT of my castle and me paladin in peace.

Disclaimer: this post was made in comedy. Except for that last item. It's real, I'm a paladin, please don't loot my castle :(

I actually sorta wanna make a no-reload CN Blade through the series. Cept I'm not certain how to play him. I really am a lawful good paladin at heart. But I like the thought of just kinda rolling with the punches, and going with my gut anywhere. Only feeling "sane" when my swords are in hand and I'm in combat.
    JuliusBorisov
    Now when we know about a new livestream, I think we can prepare new questions.

Here's mine.

Am I right in understanding SoD will use a summon limit of 6, like IWDEE does? In BG2 and then BGEE and BG2EE it was a limit of 5 summons, but in IWDEE you can summon up to 6 creatures. And am I right that a new summoning limit will be transferred to BGEE and BG2EE with the SoD-related patches?

I saw more than 5 summons during the first livestream. Also, in the recently released readme for the Tweaks Anthology, there's one component - "Remove Summoning Cap" with the following description: "this component will remove the artificial limit of six summoned creatures from the game (BGEE, BG2EE, IWDEE, EET). This is why I think SoD and patched versions of BGEE and BG2EE will have a limit of 6, not 5, ummoned creatures.

Am I right?
    Faydark
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Question: Do we get release notes for the 1.4 patches for BG:EE and BG2:EE like the BG2:EE 1.3 version?
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Question: Will new patch of BG-EE , BG2-EE snyc interface background color?

Now BG-EE is blue , BG2-EE is brown , SOD is black,

• TorinTorin Member Posts: 229

That being said we will always make time to meet with fans. If you're at GDC and want to meet us, send us a message!

If you want to meet Phil, make sure to include a Star Trek reference in the message. Otherwise he'll send me. And things will get awkward. I guarantee it. Your best bet is to find Amber at the bar, honestly. Ask her about Burt Reynoldses and you'll have taken your first step on a wondrous journey to the No Regrets suburb of Hangoverville.
    Hmm.. sounds like a Leisure Suit Larry game or something...
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

deltago said:

I actually sorta wanna make a no-reload CN Blade through the series. Cept I'm not certain how to play him. I really am a lawful good paladin at heart. But I like the thought of just kinda rolling with the punches, and going with my gut anywhere. Only feeling "sane" when my swords are in hand and I'm in combat.
    My CN PCs usually revel in the bickering caused by the people he chooses to travel with. Even better if they come to blows and kill each other off.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited March 2016

If you want to meet Phil, make sure to include a Star Trek reference in the message. Otherwise he'll send me.

I am far far away from San Francisco, so I suppose you'll have to beam(dog) me up, Phillip.
    Nonnahswriter