Skip to content

What is your TRUE alignment on the Cauliflower/Broccoli axis?

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

and then dropped a bridge on Hawkeye for what was the least deserved death of a notable character for pure shock value.

and then randomly brought him back... with no one even reacting to it. Not even like "how was it to be dead?" or "do you remember anything". It was just like "welcome back Cling". Horrible decision to kill him off, for sure.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I think I quit reading anything by Bendis during that train wreck of a story. I gave it another shot with New Avengers because I was hoping about something involving the new team members, but gave up after a few issues. It was basically "Spider-Man and Wolverine discuss their relationships in Iron Man's kitchen". The hell?
    I like Bendis's non-superhero stuff, and his Daredevil run is actually my all time favorite. His Avengers was fun for awhile and got old. would have been better to make it a separate team with only his faves, or just bring back a damn Power=Man and Iron Fist series and let him do whatever he wants with it, leaving the A-Listers to those who can handle it (though I do like the way he writes Spider-Man, but he already has the Ultimate line for that)
    He had a few arcs I liked, but that interview with "don't like, won't live" was enough to simply not read any of his series anymore. A good writer can work with any character, or even write them out gracefully if they don't fit in the story. This atttitude made me label him as a one trick pony.
    Plus every character speaks in the same way. Like... all of the sudden Nick Fury sounds as snarky as Buffy.
  • StuckinMudStuckinMud Member Posts: 45
    @KidCarnival You...I killed your cauli. I watched them die... with a certain satisfaction, I might add. Then something happened. something that I knew was impossible, but it happened anyway. You destroyed my faith...you pagan. After that, I understood, I knew what I was supposed to do, but I didn't. I couldn't. I was compelled to stay, compelled to feed. And now, here I stand because of you, great deceiver. Because of you, I'm no longer a servant of KÖG. Because of you I serve no green nor pale PAGANS, I've changed. A new man, left to ruin by the CAULI you hold so dear so I follow Sir Val of Kilmer better known in his younger days as the rogue Madmartigan or the infamous Thunderheart who ascended to become the second lord of bats, keeper of the sacred cheese, the savior of the city of Sorsca home to free broccoli and cauli these delicious morsels live in harmony you great deceiver...you know nothing of the majesty of my patron....the glory of SORSHA O how I long to bask in her fire yet again her power...enchanted me and I was helpless against it. "I dwell in darkness without you" O fiery matron of Habanero...

It is the CURD that created us.
    Sir Kilmer that connects us.
    SORSHA that pulls us.
    SORSHA that guides us.
    SORSHA that drives us.
    It is SORSHA that defines us.
    SORSHA that binds us.
    We are here because of you, @KidCarnival. We're here to take from you what you tried to take from us.
    [Lord Cage chews into a cauli child]
    DINNER.

edited December 2013
    ST̡O̶P̷ ̧S̀PR̛EAD̢I̸NG ̨TH̢ÒSE͟ ͞F̕ÒU̸L L̕I͟E̶S,̷ ̧HERETIC͢!͟

What? No, no, I wasn't talking to anyone of importance, Sister Cabbage. Just a heretic outside, who tried to vandalize your most noble ophenage for cauliflowers in the past. I scared him off with the magnificient glory of my majestic eye.

Well, I am in a hurry; I just stopped by to give you this generous donation of fairytale books to brighten the day of these poor little caulis. I am on my way to a Holy Crusade agai... Oh, well, I could never turn down an offering of your most delicious Sorsha Stew. I guess I can stay for a while and read a tale to the caulis...

THE absolutely unbiased and perfectly accurate TALE OF SIR GOMBARTH OF ULUSH

Once upon a time, there was a knight who served the great Principality of Ulush. His name was Sir Gombarth. He was a phaerimm blessed by Queen Ester, and he was special to Her as he was born on the Eve of the Last Light; a most holy day in the Principality of Ulush.
    One city on the border of this great realm had been besieged by evil forces of Kög for many years, and today, many centuries later, the Siege of Snakhagr has become legend. That is because Sir Gombarth, Phaerimm of Light, Slayer of the demonic priestess Nezzuumma, Savior of the City of Golfimb near Bolga where the river Parehassa flows into the Sea of the Golden Stones, Patron of the Dominion of Gardens, Founder of the Knights of Wahyrst, rightful heir to the Eldritch Crown freed Snakhagr, with nothing but his Holy Sword - known in song and tale as the Empyrean Vindicator of Naragzadd - and his faith in Queen Ester. The battle raged for 47 weeks and 3 days, and Sir Gombarth alone stood against well over two billion demiliches; and they all fell to his sword.
    Absolutely everyone; men and women and children and farm animals and culinary vegetables rejoiced as the last demilich, Truzzabatt'Fhrum, First of the Circle of Cacot and Tyrant of the City of Runes, died the last death. Arch Mage Ofobor, author of critically acclaimed Fallen Scripture of Thrinarv, declared this joyful day a holiday - and that holiday, dear cauliorpheans, is today. Sir Gombarth of Ulush is the reason we celebrate the Day of a Mouthful to this very day.

Here, have some coins to buy some warm clothes. Winter is coming, and I will wear the skins of the fallen as my winter cloak soon. Oh, my Sorsha Stew! Thank you kindly, good Sister Cabbage; this will give me strength for the long crusade ahead. I will think of Sir Gombarth and his unrivaled bravery and praise his name with every heretic I skin.

----
    @booinyoureyes: So it wasn't just my imagination? Everyone from Spiderwoman to Iron Man's freaking butler sounded like Wolverine to me, too.
    Post edited by KidCarnival on
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Damn. That was one messed up night. I'd forgotten it completely. Seriously, look at my face. How much did I drink?

I seem to remember that there was a drow jester with us early on who vanished half-way through the night. Did we ever find out where she went?
  • StuckinMudStuckinMud Member Posts: 45
    @KidCarnival O terrible bulbous, levitating sphere with a large fanged mouth and very thick hide with mouth dripping of terrible saliva. You foul beast you...Sluagh, you have come from the dreams of the chaotic and unclean, or perhaps you are a very old version of the bowels of the earth who went along a different evolution to the present. You are the eyes that watch from the darkness, the all seeing omniscient beings that prey on our CAULI and BROCCOLI. Or so you would have us believe. Your cult has been popular among the CAULI, where you are worshipped. Powerful you may be, you are not omnipotent, nor are you omniscient. Such a great thinker you are, plotter and beguiler as well, you are quite adept at appearing so. Perhaps your ability to read minds is what should be most feared. That, or your ability to Glamour.

Heretic...you fool for one with so many eyes you are quite blind. I've seen things you fools wouldn't believe. Attack's on titan off the Wall Maria. I watched vampires glitter in the light near the plane of Tsujatha. I have seen masked cauli lords beat an old farmer to death with carrots. To this day I don't know why. I saw senseless good broccoli fighting Cauli paladins with nothing! No weapon, no armies, not even hope of success to see their occupation end. All those moments will be lost in time... like cheese on broccoli.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I am the crab over the barrel near @Southpaw, I was shapeshifted by @Eademonium because I was flying drunk :P

Perhaps your ability to read minds is what should be most feared.

Apologizes, good peasant, but you have mistaken me for @Southpaw, it seems.

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I don't *read* minds. I *eat* them.
    And yes... @CrevsDaak is temporarily my familiar.
    Hmmm, tempted to challenge @Southpaw to a duel... But it wouldn't be fair, my familiar is the rightful King of Westeros, a Thayan Red Wizard and has 3 dragon familiars. @Eudaemonium...?
    I have the amulet of power , so all is well.

Wait, that's level drain, not int drain protection. I'm not sure if even my mighty int stat can last against a Southpaw CrevsDaak combo.

The only thing is to use my dragons as a meat shield.

Drogon, I... I never loved you!!
    *̡s͞tocks ̡u͡p on P̵ot̵io͠nş ̶of͟ G͘eni̢u͡s*͝
    I guess it's a good thing I never sold those dragons to @Anduin for that 6000 year old bottle of milk.

Just out of curiosity my mummy friend, what will you offer for three brain damaged dragons?
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...munch munch...these dragons taste like chicken...munch...
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Ah! Can't keep away any longer!

At this rate I'll get no presents for Christmas if I can't befuddle Santa's Know Alignment spell!
    Trying to find Santa color scheme for @Anduin...
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Somewhere... far out in the universe... there is ground. Here is a green pile of Goo that we levitate upon, waiting for it to cast it's spell and our world end
    @ChildofBhaal599 I see I'm not alone with my need for a "philosophically relevant" forum button. Feature request?

@ChildofBhaal599 I see I'm not alone with my need for a "philosophically relevant" forum button. Feature request?

to the feature requests section! the secrets of the universe must be known and easily found in the forum!
    @ChildofBhaal599 We need to think this through! There are other desperately needed buttons -

☼̕ "respectfully disagree"
    ☼̸ "turn away in disgust"
    ☼͟ "curse poster's mother"
    ☼̷ "lift curse from poster's mother"

I think that should cover the basics.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

@ChildofBhaal599 We need to think this through! There are other desperately needed buttons -

You missed "cowers in horror" button
    deltago said:

You missed "cowers in horror" button
    yes indeed. for THOSE parts of the internet :)
    edited December 2013
    oh yes this can be the picture for cowers in horror

it was actually too funny going to google images to find that. those shepard faces! good times :)

hold on, i think that can be a new forum picture! :)