Skip to content

keldorn betrayal

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    You know, this forum has a handy little function that allows you to specifically target responses at individuals, @Tennisgolfball. You might find it useful, rather than just using "you". I have no idea who you're talking to at this point.
  • AntagonistAntagonist Member Posts: 139
    edited January 2014
    @Madhax @belgarathmth

Even though @tennisgolfboll just showed an obvious sign of trolling (again) in the above comment, I have to indicate here that he could have meant he did attack Drizzt in previous games with Keldorn, without killing Adalon. And now he is just planning to kill her with Keldorn in the party and doesn't know if he will leave the party, just like he did after attacking Drizzt in previous plays. So the order of events is not important here.

Why am I even doing this? I say we all abandon thread, the whole discussion went terribly wrong and should have never made it's way to 2014. It has already been degraded to a pathetic level.

I'm out.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    God, this forum is so entertaining!
    Hey, I'm really trying NOT to comment here again. *lols internally*
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Yeah ofc antagonist. Some of us has actually played bg many times...

However it seems that very few here has. So many replies yet none with an answer.

But now i have the answer.

I just killed adalon and keldorn was fine with it. Maybe i should have let him get the kb....

I said that on page 2.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    I still like the cleric/ranger > Cernd digression. Up with op multiclasses! Down with shapeshifters who abandon their son for no reason and don't even get a res spell! Wooo~ ! Party!

Or, you know, not.
    Lol no you did not say it. Your guesses is not knowledge of the game.

I am tennisgolfboll and I'm digging a hole. Diggy diggy hole, I'm digging a hole.
    I am tennisgolfboll and I'm digging a hole. Diggy diggy hole, I'm digging a hole.
    tennisgolfboll! Hole! Diggy Diggy Hole
    Diggy Diggy Hole, Diggy Diggy Hole

Continues indefinitely as tennisgolfboll continues to dig an ever deeper hole!

Naturally I navigated to his profile… and found that every single ‘like’, ‘agree’ and ‘insightful’ he has received this week (thus far) is related to this thread…

“Who would positively rate each and every idiot comment OP has made in this thread?” I thought.

Then I almost got a stitch from laughing too hard. Every single rating was by @certus!! :D

Not only has OP not reflected on the barrage of truth and common sense in the above ‘debate’, he decided to use a multi-account to boost his argument, and revive it for the world to see! @Madhax, myself and others had already dropped this thread and forgotten about it! What I thought was sarcastic trolling, is apparently an intended argument in support of OP's warped logic! :D Come on... if you were gonna do this, at least be subtle about it! lol

Haha! This thread is comedy gold. @Heindrich1988, you totally busted "tennisgolfboll the great's" circus tent! This is sooooo funny, and also kinda sad. Haha! Thanks for giving me a good laugh for the start of the year!
    Now this be more like it. The first to disobey me orders get an axe in their skull.
    edited January 2014
    Madhax said:

Your use of the word "Betrayal" sparked a discussion, one you were all-too-willing to participate in on the first page of this thread. It takes two to tango off-topic. And frankly, from your original post, I didn't think you really wanted to ask about Adalon as much as you simply wanted to complain about Keldorn, and given that it took you this long to play the "off-topic" card I'm not sure I was wrong in that assumption.

I actually don't know if Keldorn attacks you if you attack Adalon. I don't make it a habit of committing evil acts with a paladin in the party. Some light googling seems to indicate that no party members will quit if you attack her, though.

You type i actually dont know if keldorn attacks if you kill adalon on page 2 and now on page 4 you claim to have written an answer.

Are you this ignorant or did you just lie and hope noone could check 2 pages back?

Lol. So clueless
    Also mazzy attacks if you kill adalon...this can be easily googled. But maybe using a search engine and reading is beyond you
    Some light googling seems to indicate that no party members will quit if you attack her, though.
    This is what I meant. I actually did research for you. Not entirely sure why, since you've been treating me like crap for four pages now.

Yes, I wasn't strictly on-topic in my first few posts. I noticed a couple errors in your thread while I browsed, and thought I'd correct them. Not my fault you fought against it and decided to flame everyone that commented afterwards.

Making yourself the victim isn't a very fun way to go through life, and it also isn't a good way to make friends on a forum. This thread would have been over a week ago if not for your incessant struggling against phantom trolls. Chill out and move on.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited January 2014

Goodness, I hate to see so many good friends getting upset.

I just read the whole thread, and I agree that the OP is being needlessly confrontational towards people who are trying their best to be friendly, and he doesn't seem to understand why his word choices are provoking anger from Keldorn's many fans.

@belgarathmth

My friend, you are too nice! :D I mean that in a good way. I sometimes aspire to be as calm and tolerant as you in all things, especially considering this is just a discussion about a game, and not actually a serious issue like real world politics. Though to be honest, I am still not sure if my occasional "interventionism" is necessarily morally wrong, even if it achieves nothing and feels totally pointless at times.

I guess I just care about society and how people should behave. And perhaps because I am not religious, I don't expect some divine power to distribute justice somehow, and the way some people behave really bugs me. I know this may sound a bit grandiose, but I think the little things do matter, because its the accumulation of little things that build up greater society.

Anyways, I kinda regret poking the hornet's nest... I shall once more take my leave from this thread... for now at least.

Oh. My. God. @Heindrich1988 you just blew my mind. Seriously though, I just checked it myself, it feels like OP is Kalah and you just busted his little circus show o_o

@Antagonist
    Shouldn't I get a cute blone elf companion as a reward who will literally stand by me to pits of Hell? :D
  • certuscertus Member Posts: 52
    Omfg lol. This thread is a gift that keeps on giving. Too much, must stop lol now.
    edited January 2014
    I came to hell to help my friend! Who helps you, @tennisgolfboll? Demons? You're going to die alone and you know it!

@Heindrich1988 This reference... You know what, I'm literally splitting my guts now, omg this is hilarious, I can't stahp laughing xD
    @Heindrich1988, please dont accuse me of "sarcasticaly trolling." I felt that all of OPs observations were valid. You seemed a bit confused in that response as to what was/is really going on. Its ok though, just keep it in mind next time you post.

If you take the time to check all of my likes, agrees etc you will see that all were in context. OK? They were not "idiotic"

Back on topic

Cernd is a great character as he kills dragons solo and saves his son. Hes not afraid of anything!

WHAT THE FUCK.
    The layers of sarcasm are too much to handle.
    Madhax kind of explained what I wanted to express with my above comment.
    Madhax said:

The layers of sarcasm are too much to handle.

?

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited January 2014
    Edit: Deleted.
    Post edited by Heindrich on
    Ive kiiled a dragon before solo with Cernd? Werebear form but valid nonetheless.

certus said:

@Heindrich1988, please dont accuse me of "sarcasticaly trolling." I felt that all of OPs observations were valid. You seemed a bit confused in that response as to what was/is really going on. Its ok though, just keep it in mind next time you post.

If you take the time to check all of my likes, agrees etc you will see that all were in context. OK? They were not "idiotic"

*Sighs*
    I was honestly planning to stay away... but it seems that the first time you learnt how to call out somebody, you decided to honour me with your new skill.

'You' "liked/agreed/insight" every single comment by @tennisgolfboll (yourself) on this thread until I pointed it out. So... yeah, 'in context'.... sure. I once led soldiers in the Order and slew 20 wyverns with a single throw of my spear!

You know another nice feature about this forum? It lists exactly when a rating was made. And guess what I found?

All of your ratings on this thread took place within 5-6 minutes. As follows:

11 Likes 1.59AM to 2.03AM
    10 Agrees 1.57AM to 2.02AM
    7 Insightful 1.57AM to 2.03AM

Wow! You are too easy! I mean you don't seriously expect me to believe that you actually read 3 full pages, dozens of comments, in 5 minutes, to make an informed and 'in context' decision to fully support one side and one person only? lol XD

Seriously... just give up and let this thread die. Take Durlag's advice, it's for the best.

I came to hell to help my friend! Who helps you, @tennisgolfboll? Demons? You're going to die alone and you know it!

@Heindrich1988 This reference... You know what, I'm literally splitting my guts now, omg this is hilarious, I can't stahp laughing xD

@Antagonist
    At first I thought you were being harsh. But it's okay, he's got @certus standing very closely by.
    A few points.

I didnt read the post in 30 seconds. I read the entire post and then agreed liked insighted them as i found them.

I agree with his point of view.

If I play D&D i want to go into a dungeon and kill a dragon. Paladins kill dragons. There even a class for that, cavalier. So please stop with the hate.

I do not know tennisgolfball. If you think I am him or know him the joke is on you, not me.

Pleae do not call me a troll. Werebeasts have been proven to be the superior class many times in this forum
    Abandoning thread. Definitely.

Abandoning thread. Definitely.

Yeah me too. Im going to play Candy Crush
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Certus: casts contingency: confusion with power word stun
    Booinyoureyes: fails saving throw
    Booinyoureyes: stunnedand confused
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    This thread is awesome.

But the real question is: Keldorn versus Cernd? Will Keldorn leave your party if you turn against Cernd? If the cleric/ranger is superior to Cernd, does the cleric/ranger automatically beat Keldorn, or is it like rock-paper-scissors and they automatically lose? What if we made them just use their fists? I think Cernd could win that way, maybe.
    What if @durlag_thunderaxe and @heindrich1988 are actually me in disguise? 0.o

In all seriousness I hope that this @certus being @tennisgolfball thing isn't true, though Heinrich is a trustworthy source. I have actually liked some of tennis's posts on other discussions. People lose their cool at times, and I myself could have used politer language. Carrying it on is bad form, and as usual @belgarathmth has shamed us all with his moral clarity and restraint. we should all emulate this and let water continue under the bridge

So whatever the case may be with tennis and certus I wish u all a happy new year. Onward to more fruitful and/or amusing discussion!
    Twani said:

This thread is awesome.

But the real question is: Keldorn versus Cernd? Will Keldorn leave your party if you turn against Cernd? If the cleric/ranger is superior to Cernd, does the cleric/ranger automatically beat Keldorn, or is it like rock-paper-scissors and they automatically lose? What if we made them just use their fists? I think Cernd could win that way, maybe.

Keldorn would use True Sight to realize that the cleric ranger is actually Certus under a different user name
    edited January 2014
    @Certus Seriously dude, I wish to ignore but I don't have the willpower.

1. Are you aware of the fact, that in the D&D world SILVER DRAGONS are essentially the most righteous creatures along with other metallic dragons, that NO PALADIN WOULD EVER TRY TO HARM? So, if you are a paladin, you most assuredly don't want to go to the dungeon, and slay a silver dragon (because this is the dragon we are talking about), and by the way, in case you did not know, Silver Dragons don't live in dungeons, Adalon is an exception due to her duty.

2. Are you aware of the fact, that your writing doesn't change with the account? You hardly ever use commas, you don't care much about the apostrophe ( that little thing here ---> ' ), and your manner of speaking is also suspiciously familiar.

This time I am seriously not going to get involved in this thread again.
This discussion has been closed.