Skip to content

keldorn betrayal

Comments

• simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    wow guys calm down
  • JackWalrusJackWalrus Member Posts: 16
    What if everyone on this thread actually is @tennisgolfball ?
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
  • certuscertus Member Posts: 52
    I know I said im leaving to play Candy Crush but i lost all my lives.

Thx Booinyoureyes for your calm perspective. Good luck to you too.

@antagonist ....mate you can believe what you want about who I am. Iam from Aus btw. Tennisballs absence indicates to me he is from a different timezone. Maybe we are similar in the way we think which is why I gravitated towards his thread. I liked your original post much better btw, you should update it to factor what has just occurred here lol

Explain to me this. What is a "Good dragon" doing living next to a drow city?, when we all know drow are EVIL

Back on Topic. Cernd is OP. Beamdog please nerf

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959

What if @durlag_thunderaxe and @heindrich1988 are actually me in disguise? 0.o

In all seriousness I hope that this @certus being @tennisgolfball thing isn't true, though Heinrich is a trustworthy source. I have actually liked some of tennis's posts on other discussions. People lose their cool at times, and I myself could have used politer language. Carrying it on is bad form, and as usual @belgarathmth has shamed us all with his moral clarity and restraint. we should all emulate this and let water continue under the bridge

So whatever the case may be with tennis and certus I wish u all a happy new year. Onward to more fruitful and/or amusing discussion!

@belgarathmth and you are saints in comparison to me :D I said u should be a Jester... but perhaps a wise Cleric would be more appropriate.

I am kinda conflicted philosophically. I read/watched a fair amount about Buddhism, which strongly advocates forgiveness, pacifism and indeed surrendering all earthly desires, hate, ambition and love, and in Chinese media, it is usually depicted as the pinnacle of Wisdom and Enlightenment.

However, as I said, I've had a far more 'interventionist' personality/instinct from when I was a child, and I sometimes wonder whether China's adoption of Buddhism into official political discourse was partly responsible for the relative decline of Chinese power in from the 11th Century onwards, as successive waves of northern nomads invaded, and eventually conquered the Song Dynasty...

By the way, if @booinyoureyes and I were the same person. We/I would be a full-time forumite who do nothing else at all, given how active we are in recent weeks :D
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited January 2014
    certus said:

Back on Topic. Cernd is OP. Beamdog please nerf

Not gonna lie, this one cracked me up!

By the way, if @booinyoureyes and I were the same person. We/I would be a full-time forumite who do nothing else at all, given how active we are in recent weeks :D

Lol, this would also make our discussion of evolution all the more ridiculous.
    nano said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_pKKO35Kh4
    edited January 2014
    Edit: Deleted.
    Post edited by Heindrich on
    OK OK. You got me @heindrich1988. I was wrong and I hate to admit It but here it goes.

silver dragons can be good. I put it in a spoiler in case someone else like me doesn't know yet

I feel a lot of remorse now for my past actions.

Can you please stop derailing the thread now?

On Topic:

I think Shapeshifting is overpowered in bg1, I love making Cernd as main character and soloing through to ToB where he really shines

• GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    edited January 2014
    Twani said:

This thread is awesome.

But the real question is: Keldorn versus Cernd? Will Keldorn leave your party if you turn against Cernd? If the cleric/ranger is superior to Cernd, does the cleric/ranger automatically beat Keldorn, or is it like rock-paper-scissors and they automatically lose? What if we made them just use their fists? I think Cernd could win that way, maybe.

Just use fists, eh? Like, no powers or anything? Well in that assumption, Cleric/Ranger would probably win because not only would a smart person roll a decent strength score, but also a decent dex score, neither of which Cernd has. Now if powers were included? Well it might be a little harder for the Cleric/Ranger to deal with, but the moment Cernd transforms to wolfwere, Cleric/Ranger would summon up some baddies before most likely preparing various insect spells, launching flame strike, bolt of glory, and aura of flaming death.

now if they were using weapons and spells, Cernd would try and cast something... and then Cleric/Ranger would smack him with the Flail of Ages +5 or Rune Hammer +5 after buffing up with Holy Power and Righteous Magic, then cause cernd to explode with righteous fury.

There's no way in any scenario that Cernd could win unless the cleric/ranger is severely handicapped.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited January 2014

Twani said:

This thread is awesome.

But the real question is: Keldorn versus Cernd? Will Keldorn leave your party if you turn against Cernd? If the cleric/ranger is superior to Cernd, does the cleric/ranger automatically beat Keldorn, or is it like rock-paper-scissors and they automatically lose? What if we made them just use their fists? I think Cernd could win that way, maybe.

Just use fists, eh? Like, no powers or anything? Well in that assumption, Cleric/Ranger would probably win because not only would a smart person roll a decent strength score, but also a decent dex score, neither of which Cernd has. Now if powers were included? Well it might be a little harder for the Cleric/Ranger to deal with, but the moment Cernd transforms to wolfwere, Cleric/Ranger would summon up some baddies before most likely preparing various insect spells, launching flame strike, bolt of glory, and aura of flaming death.

now if they were using weapons and spells, Cernd would try and cast something... and then Cleric/Ranger would smack him with the Flail of Ages +5 or Rune Hammer +5 after buffing up with Holy Power and Righteous Magic, then cause cernd to explode with righteous fury.

There's no way in any scenario that Cernd could win unless the cleric/ranger is severely handicapped.
    It's an old age question pondered by some of the greatest minds on the planet,
    but maybe you'll be able to provide an answer: who would win in a fight between a shark and a crocodile?
    Post edited by SpaceInvader on
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
  • AntagonistAntagonist Member Posts: 139
    You will not fool us again! I know it is you, Certus, in another of your foul disguises, asking questions about sharks and crocodiles, you dare?!

@SpaceInvader our friend, you are a good man, 'Twas just your form, they had to ban.
    There's nothing better than a nice paranoid discussion in the morning. :D
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

You will not fool us again! I know it is you, Certus, in another of your foul disguises, asking questions about sharks and crocodiles, you dare?!

@SpaceInvader our friend, you are a good man, 'Twas just your form, they had to ban.
    There's nothing better than a nice paranoid discussion in the morning. :D

I cannot be caged...
  • ScufflesScuffles Member Posts: 15

I cannot be caged...

I'm only on my first ever playthrough and I still read that in Irenicus-voice.

.. this game is clearly awesome.
    I truly regret I did not find this website earlier in my life.
    edited January 2014
    certus said:

silver dragons can be good. I put it in a spoiler in case someone else like me doesn't know yet

Can you please stop derailing the thread now?
    lol... just like OP (because you are OP), you think that if anyone says anything you don't like, it is 'derailing the thread', even though I literally just directly answered your question.

Also, there is no need to spoiler-tag in the comments of a non-beginner section. You claimed to be a somebody who 'knows about the game' anyway, and clearly far more experienced and knowledgeable than my humble self.

Enough! I will no longer listen to the babbling of ignorant children! I haven't the time for this! Your pathetic magics are useless. Let this end!

I've had a brief look at your comments elsewhere, both as certus and also tennisgolfballs, you aren't always so... 'difficult', so perhaps it is partly my fault that I goaded you into such a response.

This disturbance is over! We shall not meet again. (In this thread at least).
    Heindrich, you have brightened my last couple of days, so though we may agree to disagree on my identity, thanks for the lulz. For my part, I sincerely wish good luck to you in the New Year.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    No, no, the real question: can Cernd beat a tennis ball?

I heard he can liek solo dragons and totes solo Ascension insanity, but tennis balls. Tennis balls! Will he give in to his were-doggy influences and just try to chase the ball instead?

These are the real questions, folks. The real questions.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    @Twani

Cernd alone loses to a tennis ball or a golf ball alone. Cernd plus werebears beats either a tennis ball or a golf ball. In a 2v2 matchup, I couldn't say.
  • Durlag_ThunderaxeDurlag_Thunderaxe Member Posts: 71
    edited January 2014
    You have all made a terrible mistake! An unforgivable oversight! OP's name is not tennisgolfball! It is @tennisgolfboll !!

Boll
    noun
    the rounded seed capsule of plants such as cotton or flax.

That changes EVERYTHING!

is it just me or the current course of this discussion kinda ironic! given OP original complaint about thread de-railmnet'
    @Durlag_Thunderaxe has finally realized why Cernd is considered the worst character by most BG players:

Cernd's story and dialogue were secretly ghost-written by none other than Uwe Boll!

There must be a mastermind behind all these unlikely coincidences. We need to smoke him out.

We will leave no crevice untouched!
    edited January 2014
    Moved ne'er by rage and ne'er by anger, Cold is the trait'rous doppelganger.
    edited January 2014
    Oh, by the way... I just killed Adalon and Keldorn did not attack me...

Even more surprisingly, he didn't even say anything at all!!!

Actually, he wasn't even there!!! *deranged laugh*

Can someone PLEASE close this thread? C'mon, maybe?

Can someone PLEASE close this thread? C'mon, maybe?

Why? There is so much left to learn about the original topic of discussion, which was how Uwe Boll destroyed the Cernd character by turning him into a tennis playing werebear who dual classed from paladin to overpowered ranger/cleric.

Oh, by the way... I just killed Adalon and Keldorn did not attack me...

Stop derailing the thread with all this off topic garble!
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Checking the UDSilver dialog files, no one is conditioned to attack through them. Despite the fact that you are essential killing a being of goodness and the only thing preventing the drow from going totally hostile on the surface, no one cares. I thought it might be in their scripts, like Keldorn turning hostile if you kill his family (hey, tennisgolfboll, make a topic complaining about his betrayal when he turns on you after you kill his daughters!), but I can't find it in either Keldorn or Mazzy's, the two most likely candidates. It's not in the AR script, either.

So someone said Mazzy went hostile when they killed Adalon, but I have no idea how that happened. All bananas.

As for Cernd, I think it was the golf that ruined him. Tennis wielding were-bear? Awesome. Paladin duel to OP ranger/cleric? A bit OP, as we've discussed, but not quite jumping the shark. But golf? Everyone knows rangers don't play golf. I feel outraged and disappointed with the direction that character has gone, and I think I will whine about it on the internet.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    You know, I did actually play a paladin/ranger/cleric once in IWD2. It was a seriously powerful character, too.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Since im not a teenager i have neither the time nor inclination to create more than 1 profile. Not sure who rambled on about this and cba to find it. But the idea that i created more than one profile because someone else pointed out your flaws says you must be pretty insecure.

But as my question was answered by my own playthrough we are no longer off topic.

• tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Oh yeah my nick tennis etc is swedish boll=ball

Just mashed those words together cuz im lazy and dont like it when a nick is taken
  • madcatmadcat Member Posts: 9
    Am I the only one thinking "warbear guy" here....
This discussion has been closed.