Skip to content

keldorn betrayal

Comments

• AntagonistAntagonist Member Posts: 139
    BY MORADIN'S HAMMER, CLOSE THIS BLASTED THREAD!
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    You be a grand enough lot mayhap i wont be needing to kill you all anytime soon, har har
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    An' ta'think they call this civilization! Hah! Blasted bloody humans!
    jackjack said:

An' ta'think they call this civilization! Hah! Blasted bloody humans!

Shoddily made and Shoddily maintained but good killing grounds nevertheless.

LOL
    Korgan is my favorite npc in any game ive played. He still makes me laugh.

Aye the dwarf will have to do it.

And later i'll split yer gut open, heh heh
    And his former team screwloose and shagbag. That is some funny stuff
  • TrollkinTrollkin Member Posts: 1

But as my question was answered by my own playthrough we are no longer off topic.

And with these words, Certus left to find other adventures. Though he never reached the dizzying heights of those that came before and after him, many lulz were had, and many a werebear slain.

He finally found his home along with his other kind at Durlags Tower, and with it, a sense of peace, free from remorse for his past questionable actions.

Though he met his end ingloriously, by the hands of Durlag himself no less, legends speak of a faint glow from the basement of that famous tower, of a whisper which were believed to be his last words.....Cernd, I did it for the lo....
    Trollkin said:

But as my question was answered by my own playthrough we are no longer off topic.

And with these words, Certus left to find other adventures. Though he never reached the dizzying heights of those that came before and after him, many lulz were had, and many a werebear slain.

He finally found his home along with his other kind at Durlags Tower, and with it, a sense of peace, free from remorse for his past questionable actions.

Though he met his end ingloriously, by the hands of Durlag himself no less, legends speak of a faint glow from the basement of that famous tower, of a whisper which were believed to be his last words.....Cernd, I did it for the lo....
    Durlag trollkiller....
    Seriously, I am looking forward to see this thread closed, so I can actually get my life back.
  • certuscertus Member Posts: 52
    Can someone please explain what 'fallen ranger' means. I killed some dragon and one of my characters has lost his spells?
  • karnagekarnage Member Posts: 92
    @certus
    certus said:

Can someone please explain what 'fallen ranger' means. I killed some dragon and one of my characters has lost his spells?

It means that your Ranger probably killed a dragon of good alignment or performed some other act that was against goodness and/or against nature.

Rangers are expected to be of good alignment and they are expected to be protectors of the natural world. By committing acts that act against goodness and nature, they defy their mythos, and by doing so, lose the grace of their diety.

With Rangers, Paladins and Cleric/Priests, your spells and abilities are granted to you by your diety. If you act against your diety's mythos, your diety will remove those divinely-granted powers.

@booinyoureyes:

Neither, as there would be no evil act involved in this chaos. But, as it is chaos, each playing their own game by their own rules, a Paladin (or any creature of LAWFUL alignment; be it LAWFUL GOOD, LAWFUL NEUTRAL or LAWFUL EVIL) would each set out to get Cernd and this Ranger/Cleric playing the same game by the same rules.

Now, if Cernd was fighting for his life against a Ranger/Cleric, Keldorn would attack Cernd.

Rangers are of good alignment, and being so, Keldorn would likely be correct to assume that the Ranger/Cleric was acting as a force of good.

Cernd (being a Druid) is of Neutral alignment. And Druids act according to "balance"; in the (in Keldorn's mind) "false" belief that there must be evil for good to exist. By opposing the Ranger/Cleric, it would appear that this day, Cernd had decided to "preserve the balance" by performing an evil act or defending an evil being.

To the Lawful Good, and ESPECIALLY to the Paladin, there is no such thing as "Neutral". Go back to the Copper Coronet and Anomen: "Strangers! Are you a force of righteousness?" "There is no true good or evil. The universe is a balance of all things." "Bah! The excuse of the damned!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, the aspect of role playing is sorely lacking in computer games, but once in a while, playing a "good" creature or running around with "good" creatures then thinking you can do whatever you want to do without consequence does come to haunt you, LoL.
    @Karnage Hmmm, the manual that came with the game didnt say any of that stuff. Im not calling you a liar or anything, its just a lot to take in.

Im pretty sure i killed a metallic dragon in pool of radiance and everyone cheered and i won the game. Totally different game i know but that was FR as well im pretty sure.

Anyway thanks for your help
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @certus don't listen to @karnage, he is lying and is likely @certus in disguise (so evil he even attempts to deceive himself)
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Ive never been able to go through the game with Keldorn, hes problematic on so many levels. I personally take great joy in killing drizzt in each and every one of my playthroughs, I like Viconia, Dorn, Hexxat and use them regularly, all of whom hell end up attacking.
    edited January 2014
    I've got a jar of diiiiirt, I've got a jar of diiiiiiirt!

Seriously, I've got a question for @certus

No flaming but I've got a feeling you don't pay any attention to the story in the game you're currently playing. I did not play Pool of Radiance, but I am pretty sure I would know why I am killing the final boss.

"Hey you there, there is great evil coming, in order to stop it you have to go and slay a metallic dragon!"
    "Aren't metallic dragon's righteous and noble creatures?"
    "Worry not about things like this pal, u takin' the job or not?"
    Ok antagonist, I will answer your question with a question and then I will decide wether you are worthy of the answer. Not many people have played pool of radiance so far as I know, even fewer have probably completed it, it being on a C128 if I remember correctly (I'm quite sure a lot of people would have got lost in a maze on a certain level, I know I did)

Not only would it be a massive spoiler, in some ways it demeans a rite of passage.

Do you believe tennisgoofball and myself to be one and the same person?
    Lol funny! So many says im certus. Awesome, keep showing your stupidity.

I have played pool of radiance. Long time ago but i remember that weapon that always hit with chaotic good.
    Cant remember any dragons in it but i did use powerstrikes with that always hit weapon and it made the game easy
    Compared to bg it was a really bad game
    Err not the one made in 2001. wiki says 1988 which sounds about right. There was no power attacks in the one I played. Tennisgolfball
    Then its not the same game. But i remember it being called pool of radiance
    edited January 2014
    I played the one from 2001 and it does not even compare to bg2

Just checked it on wiki

It was 3rd edition and i did use a sword for chaotic good that always hit and power attack. It was op, still a poor game imo
    They remade it with the same name, and I heard the remake was pretty bad like you said which is why I didn't play it;)
    Ah ok. It gave me some fun back then but nothing i remember really well
    edited January 2014
    Yeah I googled Pool of Radiance earlier and checked both versions, the 2001 remake seemed pretty lame, but the 1988 C128 game looks hardcore, I wonder if I'd still have the willpower to get through that kind of game.

@certus As for your question...

1. Like I said, no flaming, and it just felt kinda awkward seeing this:
    certus said:

Im pretty sure i killed a metallic dragon in pool of radiance and everyone cheered and i won the game. Totally different game i know but that was FR as well im pretty sure.

So I felt a bit like you're totally ignoring the game's storyline, especially that it's not a... well.. modern pathetic attempt to deceive you into thinking you're playing a Role Playing Game, and as such it would seem quite hard not to know what's going on there.

2. I have no interest in further quarrel over the whole doppelganger paranoia
    3. Okay, I admit there was a point when I actually thought it might be true, mainly because you were the only two people here to share same opinions (which from my point of view were total bullshit. Mostly.), the whole discussion was already on a pathetic low level and I think it's safe to assume most of us had already met such a situation(multi-account trolling) at some point of our life. I DON'T KNOW, NOR DO I CARE. But ignorant statements like:
    certus said:

If I play D&D i want to go into a dungeon and kill a dragon. Paladins kill dragons. There even a class for that, cavalier. So please stop with the hate.

really give me a headache. The whole discussion was referring to killing a good aligned dragon, you knew about it.

Seriously though, this whole thread gave so much laughter I will remember it for quite a time I think. :D
This discussion has been closed.