Skip to content

keldorn betrayal

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Dranor was made in 2001 and is generally considered an epic disappointment.

The original is from 1988, I played it on both a C64 and later an Amiga. It was the very first official D&D computer game. It used the 1E rule set, and it would be my very first choice for a game to get an EE treatment to run on modern systems.
  • karnagekarnage Member Posts: 92
    @booinyoureyes LoL, no I'm not certus.

@certus I never read the manual, but the game is based on Dungeons and Dragons role playing; the rules, in fact, are a bastardization of 2nd and 3rd editions of the game. The "forgotten realms" part of the game comes from a subset of rules ("expansion pack" if you will) that introduces guidelines/rules for playing in accordance to the "forgotten realms" series of fantasy books.
  • certuscertus Member Posts: 52
    @antagonist, lol no hard feelings. I told you I wasn't him. I thought it was as funny as you did no doubt. As to killing a silver dragon, well it's not like I would play a party composing of a crusty old paladin and then roll said dragon for the hell of it. But each to his own. It did give me a few chuckles though I must admit.

As to the rest of the thread, hey I didn't have to convince anyone of anything, I rolled with it and found it quite amusing. Especially when a certain member 'trumpeted' his victory and then left in a dramatic fashion. I agreed to disagree so I wasn't being a malicious troll. I gave fair warnings, read my comments. i hope you never get called in for jury duty anytime soon:)

The original Pool of Radiance was pretty good, Azure bonds too. If they made them I would buy it. I do think BG has stood the test of time as one of the great RPG,s. I was blown away when I first played it, and have played it many times since. BG2 though is IMHO the very best and Beamdog did a great job on both titles. So Kudos.

TLDR Happy New Year!

• certuscertus Member Posts: 52
    Cheers @karnage thanks for your patience:) you are a better man then me:)
  • AntagonistAntagonist Member Posts: 139
    To sum up the whole thing very briefly...

@certus: Dimension Door
    @Heindrich1988 Has Gained An Item: The Nether Scroll
    @Heindrich1988 Casts:True Sight
    @Heindrich1988 WildSurge: Roll four more times!
    WildSurge: Greater Malison
    WildSurge: Confusion
    WildSurge: Domination
    WildSurge:
    The party's reputation has decreased:20
    @Madhax Casts: Know Alignment
    @belgarathmth leaves the party
    @Madhax leaves the party
    @Certus: casts contingency: confusion with power word stun
    @Booinyoureyes: fails saving throw
    @Booinyoureyes: stunned and confused
    @Heindrich1988: Casts: Wail of the Banshee
    @Certus Save vs. Spell
    Host disconnected... waiting....

Dafuq did I just write?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited January 2014
    karnage said:

@booinyoureyes LoL, no I'm not certus.

so you say...

There were two Pools of Radiance games, one from the 80s or early 90s that was well received and one in the early 2000s called Ruins of Myth Drannor which was a crime against humanity and in violation of the Geneva Conventions
    So you say...
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited January 2014
    Edit: Deleted
    Post edited by Heindrich on
    edited January 2014

I just have a natural/instinctive preference for people to behave with maturity .

but.... I thought we were friends... :(
    I asked a couple times. No one cared to agree D:
    edited January 2014

I just have a natural/instinctive preference for people to behave with maturity .

@booinyoureyes

lol we are, it takes maturity and wisdom to behave as you do, as much as you pretend otherwise. :P

I know the truth... Boo is no ordinary hamster!

On this particular topic, I respect different people's right to make their own judgements, and frankly it really doesn't matter anyway, I was provoked to make a stand... initially to defend you actually, when you first unleashed the t word due to a misunderstanding due to OP's typo of "don't" as "dong".

OMG... YOU are the evil mastermind behind all this! What have u done with Boo!! He would NEVER do such a thing!

YOU are the doppleganger here!
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Technically in Pool of Radiance you were killing a bronze dragon which had been possessed by an evil spirit. So not a good-aligned bronze dragon.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Not enough Cernd in this thread.

Offtopic! Offtopic!
    edited January 2014
    Twani said:

Not enough Cernd in this thread.

Offtopic! Offtopic!

@Twani
    I knew I was missing something!

By Helm I think I got it now!!! Cernd is a Shapeshifter!

He must've been jealous of the love and adoration Boo receives, and somehow mastered "Shapechange - Minature Giant Space Hamster"! Then he kidnapped Boo and took his place as an imposter, raising hell and turning good honest folk against each other with his devious schemes, because NOBODY would ever suspect Boo!

Edit:
    Oh and another piece of the jugsaw falls into place! Clearly Cernd has not fully mastered the transformation, which remains unstablem, and his efforts were almost unravelled as he turned him into a Minature Giant Space Guinea Pig. When he was caught, he quickly correctly his imperfect transformation.

I present the evidence below:
    Form seen at 12:06AM

@nano made the following observation:
    Apparently it's a guinea pig, but close enough ^_^

@booinyoureyes changed his form again, some 6 hours later, to a more convincing resemblance to Boo... but strangely wearing Roman plated armour, even though we all know Boo is a celebrated hero of Rasheman, even if he hails from beyond Aber-Toril!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This seems to be one of the Spammiest threads in the forum.
    CrevsDaak said:

Agreed! Especially this comment:
    CrevsDaak said:

0.o
    make sense of that!
    edited January 2014
    This also seems to be one of the most entertaining as well. Apparently the forum's moderators have been Charmed, since they still allow this to continue...

In all seriousness, on any other self-respecting forum this scale of derailing the topic would have caused the whole damn discussion to be burned down and buried in the depths of Nine Hells a long time ago, followed by a shitstorm of warns and banhammers.. yet this particular thread prevails.

Furthermore, the only person here, that has recently shown an intention to stay on topic, was @karnage... which I personally find disturbing. I say we burn him. And feed the body to the dogs, just in case.
    Post edited by Antagonist on
    Sorry to let you down @booinyoureyes but picking a name Tsinogatna seemed really dumb.
    edited January 2014
    false, Sarevok has 17 intelligence.
    (posts screenshot)

STOP TROLLING!
    edited January 2014
    Blueberry? *hands over the package*

EDIT: hey, I saw that! You said he had 18 intelligence. And then you edited to 17! BUT I KNOW THE TRUTH!

Blueberry? *hands over the package*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogc3qfppMyU
    Look above.
    Hah, I tricked you, I was down here!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    He's a witch! Er, Warlock! Burn him!
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    This thread reminds me of

Otherwise, while LoTR is very interesting, this thread was doomed from the original post.
    @Foggy stop trolling in Elvish!
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    edited January 2014
    OP recommended playing Arcanum. He's ok in my book.
    Post edited by Foggy on
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Why close it when people are still amusing themselves? People are constantly like 'close this thread', 'close that thread', but... why? As long as the thread has activity, why not let it live? Why are people so intent on closing threads? It harshes my mellow, man. It harshes Cernd's mellow.

(Cernd vs Sarevok?)
This discussion has been closed.