Skip to content

Stupidest things you have done in Baldur's Gate

Comments

• simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    harper's call damages the caster?
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    wow, really? i never used that spell, turns out i was right not to.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Iseleth said:

One time, Jaheira and another party member (forget who) died, somewhere in the Underdark. I had Anomen with a raise Dead memorized, so I brought back Jaheira with 1 HP. Then I attempted to have her cast Harper's Call on the other dead NPC. What? Why did she just die again? I had completely forgotten that Harper's Call damages the caster...

hey at least it doesn't do any more than 10 damage or she would've been in real trouble :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    simples said:

Yea its very much a "crap I have no other means of reviving this dead party member" kind of spell. Best used when all other options are unavailable.
  • batjellybatjelly Member Posts: 25
    I played BG2 first before BG1, and I didn't know much about D&D either then. Sorcerer sounded like the coolest class. There was this spell with a cute icon of an animal that I totally must have so I chose Find Familiar as one of my spells.

I also used Nalia for thieving instead of Yoshimo, and couldn't understand why she couldn't pick all the locks.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited March 2014
    @meagloth, your comment made me smile, but I assure you that high level Anomen is capable of blowing up greater mummies, vampires, and as rumour has it even liches
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Yes, let's not get into the turn undead debate in this thread :)
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    elminster said:

simples said:

Yea its very much a "crap I have no other means of reviving this dead party member" kind of spell. Best used when all other options are unavailable.
    it also seems to randomly not work sometimes. jaheira takes damage, but the dead party member stays dead. so i never use it

• OllmerOllmer Member Posts: 73
    Opening Carsa's jar (with Khark inside) with level 2 - 3 party.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2014
    vangoat said:

elminster said:

simples said:

it also seems to randomly not work sometimes. jaheira takes damage, but the dead party member stays dead. so i never use it

Thats because it lowers the revived party members constitution by 5. Unfortunately at the moment that is causing the party member to lose health from the constitution loss after they've been revived, which kills them. Hopefully the next patch should address this (which I believe is just going to make it so that all stats other than constitution are reduced).
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 209
    Travelling to Mutamin´s basilisk & stoned gallery without a potion of gaze reflection, or a spell/scroll of protection from petrification, or to pirate shores, wherein charming sirens take me in mind control, because I don´t have the Greenstone Amulet, or Potion of Clarity... what else there is to encounter, with without the proper buffs is rather not recommended? Oh, the demon knight under Durlag´s tower, and Aec´Letec - trying to match them without a scroll of magic protection is such a waste of time. Oh, and the occasional ghoul/ghast/demon/lich gets me by stunning someone in the party, or making some members of the group panic... ah, and since I´ve dowloaded bg2:ee, I haven´t experienced it yet, but I do expect facing vampires to be such a chore and bother of either protection from negative energy or restoration...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    On a BG:EE Sorcerer solo run, I've ran out of Potion of Healing, so I used the Wand of Frost with The Belt of the Antipode and the Boots of The North equipped, very silly indeed, but useful.

In BG2:SoA, stealing from Ribal thinking that the Amnish Guard was one of those pansies that wake you when you sleep.

In PS:T, killing everyone in the Mortuary for XP, when I realized all the things I had missed (when playing it for the second time) I decided to play it again entirely.