Skip to content

Stupidest things you have done in Baldur's Gate

1234568»

Comments

• Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    Putting an illithid slave crown on my main character.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    I used to do quests based on their reward and then I realized that unless I'm being like outlandishly evil in the end it doesn't make enough of a difference for it to really be worth worrying about. So might as well RP your character :)
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I thought that was under spellhold.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    wubble said:

I thought that was under spellhold.

It is. I do believe I will NEVER forget where it is again. Until the next case of I know this place by heart and there's no reason to search for traps here.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

I don't think that wall trap can be disarmed. I don't remember it showing up on find traps either.

There are two "trap fields" in either end of the corridor. I had Imoen find the trap, then try to disarm it. The trap areas are so large she has to step on the trap to try and disarm it. *SPLAT*

Which reminds me of the time my party found the Opal Stone in the room with the Clay Golem and the Bag of Holding, then went back to the portal room to summon and fight a Greater Wolfwere. Damned pathfinding decided that Charname would rather go by the way of the trapped corridor...

*SPLAT* Reload time. :rage:
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    In EE, the crushing-wall trap has only one trap field. It does show up in Find Traps, but it still can't be disarmed.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Stupidest thing I've ever done in Baldur's Gate?

Installed Improved Anvil.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    IN Baldur's Gate, I once trusted a Guildmaster at a totally well hidden Thieves' Guild.

Sold me out to a smelly Halruan, and ran away successfully. Jerk.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited July 2015
    First playthrough, first time fighting Firkraag, well not the very first time as he killed my level 10ish party a few times and I just reloaded and tried again. So I have this wand right, the wand of wonders and I decide screw it and maybe randomness will turn the battle for me. So I cast it, and ZAP!!! Firkraag is disintegrated, and I'm all like holy crap I killed a dragon and just continue with my playthrough. It wasn't till much later when I killed the Shadow dragon that I realized I missed out on dragon scales.
    After this realization, that playthrough was dead to me, so I scraped my Cavalier and rolled a Swashy.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Import a level 27 wild mages into bgee, and use the gate spell expecting to see a massacre. Nope, he only attacked Jaheira and Khalid. Then he attacked me once PFE faded.

Sigh, so much potential for carnage wasted.

Import a level 27 wild mages into bgee, and use the gate spell expecting to see a massacre. Nope, he only attacked Jaheira and Khalid. Then he attacked me once PFE faded.

so only a partial success then.
    edited July 2015
    double post
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    wubble said:

so only a partial success then.
    Na, it was still a failure. It was a test, because I wanted to summon devils/demons in every populated area and see which last the longest. Sadly I don't think some hla work properly in bgee.

Wish damn sure didn't, but meteors and Time stop did.
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    Just recently I was adventuring with Mazzy when she was challenged to a duel by Gorf the Squisher. As she struck the final blow in the arena against her foe...nothing happened. He got back up and Mazzy struck him down again and still...nothing happened. I thought this was a bug and must have spent a good 30 minutes looking through these forums and old walkthroughs to see what had gone wrong. I found nothing to help me so I went back to the game intending to just skip the quest and I happened to look in Mazzy's inventory...I had assumed since she had been stripped of her equipment that it was supposed to be hand-to-hand combat. I hadn't realized she had a short sword and shield in her inventory. After equipping them she made short work of Gorf and the quest was complete. That was an epic 'durp' moment.

When I was younger and first started playing BG2 I was pleased to find they had added numerous bags and containers to the game to clear up the inventory and allow me to carry more scrolls, potions, arrows, etc. I quickly purchased a gem bag from a vendor in Waukeen's Promenade...Since the item is called 'gem bag' I assumed I could only put gems in it. It wasn't until much later that I realized you could also store rings and amulets in it as well.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Grum said:

I once did a quest for the xp even when it wasn't the rp thing to do. It felt wrong and I resolved not to do that again (lawful good cavaliers should not agree to help Edwin murder a cowled wizard for the xp....)

....how do you get past that then? I always assumed Edwin would just tell you to go back and kill him....
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Arcalian said:

Grum said:

I once did a quest for the xp even when it wasn't the rp thing to do. It felt wrong and I resolved not to do that again (lawful good cavaliers should not agree to help Edwin murder a cowled wizard for the xp....)

....how do you get past that then? I always assumed Edwin would just tell you to go back and kill him....
    You can kill Edwin and take the key. Minsc would happily oblige.
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    Drink a multicolored bottle in a battle with ogre´s,kiss a dryad and fight a vampire wolf with plain weapons.