Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Sooo... anyone want to play today?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I'm here, but the next action doesn't seem to be mine.
    Yeah, we need someone who will turn the key...
    I thought someone was summoning a monster to do it.
    Someone said that a monster should be summoned to do it. No one has really agreed or objected.
    I agree.
    Okay, that's one agreement. There are seven other people in the party.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    I agree.
    Okay, that's two! Viconia shakes her head and mutters something about cowardice...
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Also, do you all need another person yet? I haven't really been keeping track lately.
    edited September 2012
    LadyRhian said:

Okay, that's two! Viconia shakes her head and mutters something about cowardice...

"I don't see you eagerly running up and turning the key, oh brave one," Kivan remarks dryly.

"Or maybe that witch Mara can use her witch powers to send one of us to our deaths again..."
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I agree as well... Lady drow, if you have so much courage you're welcome to turn the key yourself, I was taught my manners and I say ladies first.
    "Hmph!" Viconia goes over and turns the lock once in the left hand direction. Nothing happens. She then turns it in the right-hand (i.e. opposite) direction. Nothing also happens. "Is that enough for you, Kivan? Did my actions assuage your cowardice to an acceptable degree?"
    edited September 2012
    Well looks like we have to try the gold key after all...

Kivan be a good boy and change the keys for the lady to turn...
    "There is a fine line between courage and stupidity, and I think you crossed it."
    "I don't have the keys."
    edited September 2012
    Kivan... be kind with the ladies... she's clearly overconfident on her ability to resist magic to survive whatever this dungeon throws at her... I don't know how it will save her when arrows come from the walls or the roof comes down on her head... But I'd like to see her resist that....
    Hmmm where's that pretty lady halfling? I'm quite sure the keys are with her...
    OOC: I have to go for a bit, dinner.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    No, Imoen has the keys. She hands them to Viconia and smiles sweetly. "Here you go," she says.

OOC I had company tonight, sorry.
    DM: S'okay.

Viconia laughs at Kivan. "I'm sure your protests will make you feel better about your cowardice," she tells him sweetly.
    "I'd rather be a live coward than a dead hero."
    "As I suspected."
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    OOC: ehhh, our mages/healers have been dying ALOT and now our healer is going to turn the key? Geez, i think i agree with viconia. :)
    "So where's our monster? Or Viconia, can't you animate dead or something? Make a zombie and get that to do it."
    Okay, fine! Imoen snatches the gold key out of Viconia's hands. "Stand back." When everyone seems at a fairly safe distance, she inserts the key into the hole and twists it three times to the left.
    OOC lol... I figure poor Immy is largely expendable at this point. If this is the door to the lich's tomb, there will be no more traps to find, and I'm doubtful normal missles will do much but irritate Acerak.
    edited September 2012
    *secretly hopes Imoen sets off some kind of trap that removes what's left of her clothes.*

Kivan's expression:

OOC Hahahahahaha... She's got to bend over to insert the key. I don't know how long Keldorn's shirt is. Probably not much more than knee length.
    Imoen inserts the gold key and tries to turn it. BANG! There is a loud explosion as the key and she is expelled forcefully into a wall for 14 points damage.