Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Alora feels the skull shift and look down at her. Pop! Alora feels herself being drawn into one of the diamonds...
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    ?? What kind of sword? Can I still attempt to backstab with it?
    Mara is weeping in the corner. None of her magics work on the skull...
    Remember that sword Sarevok wished for...?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I'm a diamond! And everyone said I'd never amount to anything.
    "Run!" Imoen screams as she raises the sword. "Mara, Kivan, RUN!" Imoen charges the lich, avoiding eye contact and attempting to bring the sword down right between Acerak's beady little eyes.
    OOC Come on Imoen. No pressure but you are our last hope.
    Imoen feels the devil tug at her soul, but not this time. Not. This. Time. Not after so much. She doesn't care any more. One blind, crazed, desperate attempt to help her remaining companions and avenge the fallen.
    Imoen hits the skull just as it starts to steal her soul... but instead of her soul getting drawn out, something horrid and demonic is drawn out instead.... and the skull breaks into multiple pieces, sending the gems scattering... Imoen must now try to resist the foul berserking magic... and she manages to do so... for now.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "We... we won?"
    For killing the lich, Kivan and Imoen receive 50,000 exp each.
    Me and Minsc are diamonds. Imoen can make us into ear-rings.

What happened to Boo?
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    OOC: once i found out that it was designed with a preset kill limit, i sent wave after wave of my troops after it......

This rp was brought to you by Depends, adult diapers. When taking on the tomb of horrors, you need depends. :)
    Sadly, the gem that once held Minsc's life force is empty when they go to retrieve it. Apparently, his soul was devoured by Acererak before it/he was killed.
    Imoen laughs, long, loud, and more than a little crazy sounding. She gathers the gems carefully and gives them to Kivan. "We haven't won yet. Not till we're away from here. Not until this cursed sword is out of my hands. If I succumb to the sword's power, run. Run. Take the gems, their souls, our friends, and get out. If I stumble and you have a shot, take it." She looks directly into Kivan's eyes, letting him see the terrible pain and grief in her eyes.
    @Bjjorick Depends Ultra Mega Size... when you void the entire inner contents of your body...
    "No, I will not leave you with the curse. We will get through this together."
    edited September 2012
    @ladyrhian
    As a bonus feature, it now absorbs you when you get turned to goo. Makes cleaning up a snap.

Edit: i love the romance going on around this convo. :) Go kivan. :P
    @LadyRhian @Bjjorick Now available in a convenient 20 pack: for the whole party or for those times you have a really, REALLY bad day.
    So, did everyone think this module lived up to my "Party-killer" nickname?
    Imoen smiles at Kivan and goes to Mara. "Are you okay?" she asks softly. "Acerak is gone. You're free now." Imoen begins looking at the pile of gear, belongings, and treasure. Didn't Coran have a bag of holding?
    LadyRhian said:

So, did everyone think this module lived up to my "Party-killer" nickname?

Nah, it was a piece of cake. I could have taken it with one arm tied behind my back.

Except I didn't ...

edited September 2012
    Well, aerie died without a save twice......hmmm, we need a total body count to figure out if it lived up to the hype. if less then 20 people died, i want to play it again with difficulty turned up to maximum.

edit: and it could just have well have been called the naked party planner rather the the party killer, pk just sounds cooler. :)
    @LadyRhian Yes, yes it did.
    edited September 2012
    Kivan and Imoen could go find a temple and remove the berserking sword curse. And possibly see about restoring the trapped souls.
    Aerie twice. Edwin. Xzar. Keldorn, Ajantis, Tiax(ina), Minsc, Viconia, Alora, Xan, Coran, Korgan, Kivan. Am I missing anyone else?
    Yes, he did. The final treasure total: Everyone who died's items. 97 10 gp gems, 1 10,000 gp peridot, a 50,000 gp emerald, 100,000 gp black opal, 3 swords, 1 spear, 12 potions, 6 scrolls, 1 ring, 1 rod, 1 staff, 3 miscellaneous magic items. Each gem is worth an additional 25,000 gp.
    @jhart1018
    well, what happened to boo?
    @LadyRhian

It was great fun. And thank you so much for DM-ing. You did a wonderful job.

Just out of interest, was Alora dead forever or could she have been retrieved from the diamond?
    Yeah, I figure if we waltz in with a bag of holding full of treasure, they'll have to help Imoen with her sword issues and hopefully restore Aerie, Viconia, Alora, and Coran.