Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    But, but, I just got 50,000 XP!

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Awww... thanks! Last I looked, there were 4 people signed up to play. I'm going with a party of six this time around. I don't honestly forsee that many deaths, but you never know, at first level...
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I'll continue in Saltmarsh if I can. But if others want to play then I'll join the queue.

@LadyRhian Yeah, thanks a lot for DMing. This is was awesome.
    So did Kivan get some from Imoen?
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    lol... Nope. At least not that night. She kissed him real good after the cursed sword went byebye and everyone was restored. She wanted to be alone in her body again for at least a little while. If Kivan kept up the effort afterwards, well, maaaybe. ;)
    edited September 2012
    Okay, we have a seven person party- @Katastrophe's Tamoko, @Communard's Xan, @reedmilfam's Minsc, @Delvarian's Edwin, @Minevese's Mazzy Fentan, @Awong124's Kivan and @Jhart1018... who hasn't yet picked a character.
    And Kivan, since you managed to survive this whole module without dying, I'll give you a little extra in the Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh...
    @LadyRhian Yoshimo is willing. :)
    jhart1018 said:

lol... Nope. At least not that night. She kissed him real good after the cursed sword went byebye and everyone was restored. She wanted to be alone in her body again for at least a little while. If Kivan kept up the effort afterwards, well, maaaybe. ;)

Kivan's happy with the kiss for the time being.
    Kivan won't have many targets for his, um, arrow, then. Just Mazzy and Tamoko.
    No thanks on Mazzy, halflings just seem like children. Tamoko sounds interesting.
    To everyone who's been reading, thanks for being with us on the Official "Longest Thread in the Forum" and probably, the history of the Forum as well. Please join us in the new Thread for "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh"!
    Well, parties always need someone who can unlock things and look for traps. I'm not familiar enough with any other thief to role play them well. Except Imoen. And I'd like to give her a rest for a bit.
    With that bunch, it's thief or cleric needed, and while Tiax would fit the bill perfectly, I could never come close to @IchigoRXC 's portrayal. At level 1, he wouldn't necessarily be dual class anyway.
    edited September 2012
    jhart1018 said:

With that bunch, it's thief or cleric needed, and while Tiax would fit the bill perfectly, I could never come close to @IchigoRXC 's portrayal. At level 1, he wouldn't necessarily be dual class anyway.

Tiax has to be multiclass at level 1. He's not human, can't dual class anyway.

@Awong True.
    :) I've never dual- or multi-classed a character, so I don't know which is which.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Just managed to acces the forums after Godaddy's lockdown. 4 pages to catch up...
    jhart1018 said:

:) I've never dual- or multi-classed a character, so I don't know which is which.

They're actually really fun to play, much more interesting than pure class, and potentially much more powerful. You should give it a try. I personally prefer dual-class over multi-class myself.
    Ah, yes, and I just wanted to share this with you all: http://angryalien.com/tombofhorrors.asp

It will help you relive all those good Tomb of Horrors memories...
    LadyRhian said:

Ah, yes, and I just wanted to share this with you all: http://angryalien.com/tombofhorrors.asp

It will help you relive all those good Tomb of Horrors memories...

I'll have to go through all of that when I get home.
    Yeah. Became a pile of goo once more :)
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @LadyRhian
    Thanks again for a great game. Add me to the back of the queue for the next adventure. I'll be Alora again if no one takes her in the meantime. It was fun being the little munchkin and I would like to start her again from first level.

Thanks also to my fellow adventurers for a great game. I thought you all did a fine job as your respective characters. I had a billboard time!
    I should play the next game as a pile of goo. It would save time and trouble ;)
    This was fun. Thanks everybody and thanks @LadyRhian for the idea and all the trouble of being the DM :)
    mlnevese said:

I should play the next game as a pile of goo. It would save time and trouble ;)

You can play as a Mustard Jelly. They're pretty powerful for early level npcs.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Imoen has turned into Yoshimo. Now I'm going to have nightmares.
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Damn, I missed the next round of sign ups. Would you add me to the queue as well, @LadyRhian *bats eyes* :)
    Sure, Zarffyn!