Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    brb Dad again.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    ooc I can't see how you could possibly pull open a door and still get hit by a spear. You would always be behind the door when you did it.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    I've had worse. I remember this one old guy, he killed all of my Henchman and then tried to stab me with a dagger. I felt so much better after ramming him through with my sword. The way his blood flowed into the ground, it was *cough* *cough* glorious. Damn stomach pain, that did hurt you know, it's not all sunshine and roses in here.

WHAT THE.. Did I say sunshine and roses? Anyways, I was so happy to watch him die I even left most of his gear to rot.
    OOC How are we doing spell-wise? Can someone cast Cure Light Wounds on Sarevok before he open the next door (assuming he is willing to?) We seem to be safe resting in this room so we could rest until healed and try again.
    Alright, one door down, one to go. I put my shield behind me (spear in gut, time to watch my back) and approach the final sphere. Tugging it open with all my might.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    OOC: 9hp out of 126 is nothing.
    There's no need to heal me at this point, burned webs surround me and only a scratch in the belly. It would take something truly powerful to slow me down, yes, I do know what I just said.
    edited August 2012
    Evinfuilt said:

I've had worse. I remember this one old guy, he killed all of my Henchman and then tried to stab me with a dagger. I felt so much better after ramming him through with my sword. The way his blood flowed into the ground, it was *cough* *cough* glorious. Damn stomach pain, that did hurt you know, it's not all sunshine and roses in here.

WHAT THE.. Did I say sunshine and roses? Anyways, I was so happy to watch him die I even left most of his gear to rot.

Wait a minute! You're that Sarevok! Sarevok Anchev? The Sarevok that killed Gorion?

No problem. I never could stand the dreary old bastard,
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    I wait patiently for whatever pops out of the door and find myself hoping it's nothing else nasty, which is a little weird, considering...
    Alora looks at Imoen and wishes she was a tall girl that boys notice. Alora feels tempted to try the tiara on .. just for a short while.
    Did the giant stature, glowing yellow eyes and just general aura of dispair not give it away? If it wasn't for my absolute need, nay drive, to protect Imoen at all costs so that she.... oh yeah, spoilers. If not for that, I would crush all of you insignifcant wenches beneath my feet and then flail Minsc and roast his chipmunk over an open fire.

You know that thing about never explaining the whole evil plan, I really need to work on that. Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows.
    Okay, he's watching the football game on TV. Back.
    And... another blank wall and spear. 10 points damage.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ToH_Gallery/ToHGraphic12.jpg
    "You're already a princess, Alora. You're a bringer of fun, even in dark places."
    Apparently, Acerak got a discount at "Magical Traps R We"
    LadyRhian said:

Apparently, Acerak got a discount at "Magical Traps R We"

I remember that place, they have an excellent deal on lightning traps.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    OOC: If that happened the first time, wouldn't Sarevok stand to the side while opening the door?
    Gibberling poop. Okay, we've got the second archway we didn't figure out.
    jhart1018 said:

"You're already a princess, Alora. You're a bringer of fun, even in dark places."

Yes but I'm still the one who is at home eating chocolate and watching Buffy re-runs on Saturday nights while you are out with boys thinks Alora, who has drunk more than is good for a halfling with low constitution.
    jhart1018 said:

Gibberling poop. Okay, we've got the second archway we didn't figure out.

OOC Kivam tried pressing all the stones and nothing happened. I think we need to head back to the chapel and check out the urns.

In spite of my height, I spend a good number of Saturday nights eating chocolate and watching Firefly re-runs. ;)
    Ooh, urns. I've been curious about them since yesterday.
    It targets anyone who opens the door. And... it's magical.
    Despite Alora wanting to go to the chapel... So do I.
    jhart1018 said:

In spite of my height, I spend a good number of Saturday nights eating chocolate and watching Firefly re-runs. ;)

Alora swoons a little bit. And thinks that once they are out of here she and Imion should go drink mojitos and talk about Nathan Fillion.

Okay... the urns. The urns are not trapped (as far as you can tell), and shatter easily, being pottery. They are empty.
    Evinfuilt said:

Despite Alora wanting to go to the chapel... So do I.

Alora puts Sarevok on her list.

jhart1018 said:

Ooh, urns. I've been curious about them since yesterday.

Yes, there's shinies there.
    Alora, you may want this *hands her my 10' pole*.
    Empty? Xvart poop. All that stoppering and caution for nothing. I was so hoping there'd be a keystone.
    The only things we have got left are the Gargoyle arm and the red light. The gargoyle arm seemed like a non-starter and the red-light seems like certain death.

So let's head towards the red light ...