Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Stopping and healing sounds good.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Okay. (Pushes "Stop" Button.)
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    I survived a whole day? Excellent. Only singed, impaled twice and electrocuted. Can't say I didn't try.
    Yes. and this was only the early parts of the Tomb. It gets worse the further you get in...
    Imoen whimpers in terror. "Spa day, spa day, shiny tiara, untold riches, fame, glory, sparklies, spa day, conditioner, makeover, spa day..."
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora goes to sleep safe in the knowledge that Ajantis and Keldorn are watching over her. She drifts away thinking of the fun that she will have with her new bestie Imoen: shopping, spa-ing, killing Kobold Commandoes. Just two girls together, having a good time.

I hope we can figure out where to go next, it seemed we were following the right path for a while. We already have untold riches (though I'm not sure how much I'll get for Golden Sofa Feet.)
    LadyRhian said:

Yes. and this was only the early parts of the Tomb. It gets worse the further you get in...

OOC I genuinely thought we were near the end. Oh dear ...
    Words which will become clear to you the further you go into the tomb- "Zzzzz." SQUISH. FFFFFFFFFFTTTT. BOOM. Mummy Rot. Acid! And (Expletive Deleted).
    Evinfuilt said:

I hope we can figure out where to go next, it seemed we were following the right path for a while. We already have untold riches (though I'm not sure how much I'll get for Golden Sofa Feet.)

OOC There were three paths into the dungeon. This was the middle one. We didn't eve look at one of them. I suspect we are in totally the wrong place. But we went through a portal and we can't get out so we are stuck here.

@Permidion_Stark Look at it this way- none of you lost all your stuff and was spat naked out of the green Devil Mouth (Yes, this could happen)
    I must amend... YET.
    LadyRhian said:

@Permidion_Stark Look at it this way- none of you lost all your stuff and was spat naked out of the green Devil Mouth (Yes, this could happen)

Hey, I wasn't complaining. This is the most fun I have had in ages.

OOC: 20+ years ago, I did this dungeon. None survived... Well, one nearly did, actually won, and died on the way back out. I'm sure when someone is *SPLAT FLAT* I'll see my old bones there. But damn, this place is complex, way more than I remembered. My belief, is if you're still alive, you're going the right way. This dungeon does not lead you astray long, if you make the wrong turn, you die.
    Evinfuilt said:

OOC: 20+ years ago, I did this dungeon. None survived... Well, one nearly did, actually won, and died on the way back out. I'm sure when someone is *SPLAT FLAT* I'll see my old bones there. But damn, this place is complex, way more than I remembered. My belief, is if you're still alive, you're going the right way. This dungeon does not lead you astray long, if you make the wrong turn, you die.

I feel like we should be drawing a map. Back when I played PnP drawing a map was a vital part. I'll have a search and see if I can find some graph paper.

map? we need legos for this place, we've been doing as much up and down as side to side.
    I'd love to post a map, but you did actually bypass *some* of the dungeon and while I have Graph paper (and HEX paper). I don't have a scanner.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    LadyRhian said:

I'd love to post a map, but you did actually bypass *some* of the dungeon and while I have Graph paper (and HEX paper). I don't have a scanner.

You could take a photo of it and post it.
    True. Okay. I'll do that... tomorrow. As for tonight, it's late, and I need rest. Magic does not nest well in a disordered mind...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    heheheh lost a lot of interesting things. If there's anyone who looks in a worst condition than me, I'll heal him/her, otherwise, I'll heal myself.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Just a scary thought... What would happen if Boo went through the mist?
    A raging giant chaotic evil space hampster would gnaw upon the bones of all. Then we'd go down in history as the party who got eaten by a hampster.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Awong124 said:
    Alora just woke up with a bad hangover and that was the first thing she saw. She now feels very nauseous.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    edited August 2012
    Hahaha, Sorry about last night. I was intending to stay away and watch you open the urns. Did you open both of them as I am sure one of them must have had something nasty in. Instead, I fell asleep on my mac and awoke around 4 am and decided not to read ahead while hlf asleep. It seems without my help you have managed to set off 3 traps, mst of which were aimed at Sarevok. Nicely done. I am sure when we all get back together I shall heal you guys up.

*Tiaxina dreams, dreams a terrible dream. She is faced with a small male gnome with an evil glint in his eye, covered in blood and behind him her friends lay lifeless on the floor. He laughs like a madman and takes a step forward. Tiaxina slides her shortsword into his belly fuelled by intense rage and hatred for the slayer of her friends, but it does nothing. His eyes burn like fire and he takes another step forward, taking the sword deeper as if it were nothing.
    "Tiax has done you a favour little one, these were never your real friends, they held you back from your true path, Godhood. Now you can carry on where Tiax started. Now you shall rule".

Tiaxina runs, and runs. Round this corner and that, up and then down a set of stairs until she starts to feel magic surrounding her. She casts dispell and a door appears which she opens and hides in. Safe from Tiax the Mad, Tiax the Undying, Tiax the Relentless, so many names that just pop into her head. She takes a deep breath and turns around to see more dead bodies, more of her companions lifeless limp bodies with blood soaking the floor and Tiax is standing there again.
    "You cannot run from yourself Tiaxina, you cannot run from your true calling. Death and Godhood are your destiny. Do you think a magic arc could take all that away from you?"

Tiaxina screams herself awake, a cold sweat covering her brow and the realisation she is alone. She fears for her companions safety, but mot of all she fears if she calls out they will not call back, ever again.

OOC: Sorry for the wall of text... it is to make up for sleeping on the job :P
    Post edited by IchigoRXC on
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @ichigoRXC so you can take tiax out of the crazy, but you can't take the crazy out of tiax?

i do like how you're playing this, it makes me think maybe tiax realizes something that no one else does. It would have been nice to res him in soa, so he could continue down his path to wherever it may lead :P
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    edited August 2012
    @Bjjorick Yeah, pretty much exactly that.

I think with all this role playing we should get together and make our own/add to a banter pack for BG1/2 NPCS.
    OOC I think we smashed both urns and they were both empty. We also moved the candelabras and nothing happened. We do however seem to have made the altar angry because it is now glowing red.

I almost fell asleep on my Mac as well. It was 4am when we finished. Today is going to be hard going.

Still, it was definitely worth it.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    RIGHT
    I have finally caught up again. 20 Pages since last I checked, gorrammit you people go fast.
    I'd be willing to join again once the next person dies (Alora seems remarkably fortuitous, considering her occupation), this time probably as Korgan.

I was going to as Xan first (his attitude seems to match the place) but I see what you people do to mages.
    IchigoRXC said:

OOC: So does Tiaxina, unfortunately it won't work on a lot of protections. Maybe I shoul go rez Edwin (and push him into the orange mist. What do you think @Drugar

No orange mist for Edwin! He suffers enough indignities as is!
    Also, considering he dissolved into a puddle, you need more than Raise Dead to bring him back.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @drugar actually, so long as you're not playing as a female or someone who was once female, i think you're safe :)