Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    I'm about
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    edited August 2012
    The young Knight is here, indeed. Ready to impart Justice.

Edit: grammar
    Post edited by Alejandro on
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Well that makes 4 plus the crazies in Tiaxina's head ;) getting better
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Cool. So what is the plan? Should we look at the altar, which is now glowing red, or should we by pass it and look in the pits for more secret doors? Or just head to the the red light where the singers were?
    Do not fear that there are so few, for I, Sarevok, with my ability to crush nations beneath my heel can tell you exactly what that simpleton Minsc will do, along with his unfortunate guinea pig.

Evil, Smash, Swords... Yes Boo, I have clean underwear on. I will do whatever Sarevok wants of me.

See, I know this Minsc well.
    Well we could start back from the beginning and thoroughly search through. I could swap places with Kivan as he is not gonna be here for the day. Gives us an inside man if we need to go through the ring door again. What do you folks think?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @LadyRhian, I was toying with Garrick. Not sure what mages are available and alive at this point. Nalia and Xan, I think, are the only ones that haven't bitten a spike (or worse) in here. Jan, too - another character I don't know much about. Then, there's Dynaheir (my LEAST fave NPC of BG, actually), who I can play. It's a matter of what is needed, methinks. So... decide what is best for the group and I'll do my best to be an asset :D
    I think we should check the pits for secret doors. I don't mind being lowered in on a rope so long as Sarevok isn't holding it.

Who ended up with Xzara's spider slippers?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    OOC: I am on lunch right now, so I can post. I like IchigoRXC's idea of Kivan switching with Tiaxina.
    @reedmilfam it is not our choice at all, it is who you want to play. Which character do you fancy getting inside of and think you can portray best. :) Garrick would be great if that is what you want to play :)
    @IchigoRXC I fear our best bet is either the pit, or the red light. I'm sure mighty Minsc would never fear the red light, nor would Alora fear entering the pit once more. Though sending a mage or bard into the pit with detect illusion could work out better.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Reedmilfam Xan's attitude of "We're all DOOOMED," would be very appropriate here, actually. ;)
    Imoen has the slippers, but you can actually trust me Alora. Since I would have at least Tiaxana, Minsc and Kivan at my back, I wouldn't dare risk dropping you.

Excuse me fine lady Tiaxana, if you don't mind entering the altar room one more time. I have something a bit more personal I'd like to discuss with you.
    *Tiaxina walks in with tears still glistening in her eyes from the most dreadful of nightmares. She switches places with Kivan who goes on the other side of the door*

Yes Sarevok, you asked after Tiaxina?
    *He is one to be used, pure anger. His veins are filled with death and rage, a fine companion on your ascension to godhood*
    edited August 2012
    Let us stroll and talk a while. There is something about you, deep inside that I find thrilling. If you but say the word I will let that side grow, I can release it for you... Otherwise, I'm not sure... After Edwina, there is not much I risk partaking with.
    Alora, who has snuck up to the door to listen in on their conversation, starts making barfing noises.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    edited August 2012
    Alejandro said:

The young Knight is here, indeed. Ready to impair Justice.

Impair? or impart? :D
    *whispers in Tiaxana's ears*
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    OOC: Probably Impart, haha. Sorry.

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @IchigoRXC - I'm a bit of an amateur writer, so I'm able to adjust to other characters. My favorites are Minsc (taken) and Jaheira (sassy), but I believe (strongly) in party balance. If a mage is needed, then the first BioWare DoomSayer could have his say! I'm not well-versed in XAN, but it's easy to be hopeless. It'll take me a bit to figure out his spells though :D

I agree that it is 'my' choice. My choice is (as I said earlier) to do what is best for the party.
    OOC: A Hopeless mage in a lair of no hope of success. "Certainty of death, *small* chance of success... What are we waiting for?"
    OOC Mages don't seem to last long in this party. The rate we are going we will have killed all of them by the weekend and we will have to ask Imoen to dual-class.

I think Garrick would be fun. And he will be able to cast a few spells and will be good at identifying stuff.
    edited August 2012
    OOC At least you haven't asked me to dual class. With my intelligence, I'm too smart to attempt it here. Well, we do have a lot of scrolls... Not sure I could level up to 10 anytime soon.
    Okay. Xan is level 13 His stats are: S13 Dex 16 Con 7 Int 17 Wis 14 Cha 16 He has 43 hp His spells are 5/5/5/4/4/2
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for your er... kind words spawn of Bhaal. But Tiaxina is fine at the moment. She does not want to hear you mention anything like that again. *slaps*

Friends Tiaxina is under the impression that something has been missed. The alter seems to have been a massive trap and Toying with it more shall do us no good. There was a certain feeling, a horrible deathly feeling that came from the red light so Tiaxina believes that is not the way. She feels it maybe best to start from the top and search more thoroughly, as she has noticed that the searching has been more thorough now than it was at the start...

OOC: Pah, best for the party. Anyway, a bard slings spells too don't they :p
    edited August 2012
    OW! I didn't... I wouldn't imply such a thing.. It was a mistake..

Alora, you can clean that up now if you wish.

OOC: Bards are the greatest thing in BGII... Well outside of Bards with simulcron scrolls/spells/helm, so that you have even more bard fun. Oh yeah, I love bards, always have. Even if I have to "train" my familiar to be useful. No you don't get to pick pockets, that's my job.
    Okay are we ready to roll? Tiaxina, do you want us to go right back to the gargoyle room and start from there.

I could go back and thoroughly search the walls and floor and maybe we should try shifting the gargoyle statue to see if something is underneath it?
    Since Xan is an Enchanter, he gets 1 free Enchantment spell per level. For Magic Items, he has his Moonblade, Bracers AC5, a scroll with Forget, Power Word Kill and the Death Spell and a Potion of Etherealness.
    I am willing to return to the Gargoyle, I must admit it seems much too suggestive to just be a statue.
    Tiaxina suggests that we should examine the gargoyle further.