Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Xan sighed. "Short term victories only make the inevitable all the more sour," he scolded, for this Tiaxina ought to have known better. "Nevertheless, I shall scry this finding for you." He takes the ill-gotten find from the she-gnome and examines it more closely, keenly aware that his reputation as an Enchanter is somewhat at stake in the near term.

Of course, he also knew the futility of trying to impress in the long term. Such was his lot in life. Theirs, too, if only they were wise enough to see it.

@LadyRhian - lore check? See, if I were Garrick... but I'm not so...
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @OOC
    you know, everytime i go to bed while you guys are playing, someone dies......

on that cheerful note, good night everybody :)
    @LadyRhian (take 2):

5/5/5/4/4/2 (+1 E for each)

1: Charm Person x2 (1 BONUS), Protection from Petrification x1, Identify x2, Blindness x1
    2: Glitterdust x1, Ray of Enfeeblement x1, Melf's Acid Arrow x2, Vocalize x1, Ray of Enfeeblement x1 (BONUS)
    3: Dire Charm x2 (1 BONUS), Flame Arrow x2, Invisibility (10' radius) x1, Hold Person x1
    4: Otilukes Resilient Sphere x1, Stoneskin x1, Confusion x1, Remove Curse x1, Emotion: Hopelessness x1 (BONUS)
    5: Domination x1, Monster Summoning III x2, Feeblemind x1, Hold Monster x1 (BONUS)
    6: Tenser's Transformation, Improved Haste (I see no 6th level Enchantments)

Scroll: Forget, Power Word Kill and the Death Spell

Potion of Etherealness
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    It's a Gem of True Seeing. It enables you to find what is really there and see spells and such on a subject. However, it only has 12 charges and each charge lasts about 10 minutes.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    *pondering what beauty Xan would become through the orange Portal... no, it won't work, she'd either be a whimpering coward or too much for me to handle.*

It is time to go to the pit and begin searching. Alora, I will not fail you, I will safely lower you and the gem down.

OOC: that is if we can get back there
    "This object," Xan carefully stated, "is a tool that I can use. It allows me," he added, keeping the sense of possession in his words, "to better scry threats to the party, be they illusion or invisible. Of course, seeing our impending doom will do little to save us from it, but it may give some consolation as the inevitable ending comes upon us."
    Yes, you can go back there. Kivan is napping on the other side of the door in the temple.
    Okay, you tromp back to the pit. You lower Xan down. Xan, are you going to use the gem?
    I have brought much discourse here, I fear there are those that don't trust me, all for a few murders I committed a lifetime ago. I know now, I must work with all of you to protect Imoen. Here Alora, this should build some trust.

*hands Alora my potion of flight*
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    ...Tiaxina knows where we have to go, and with this new power we have obtained it shall get us there. But there is a problem, Tiaxina fears that if you are to proceed, it will mean the death of you all. She has forseen it.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Ooc just arrived. 9 pages to go :)
    Xan carefully keeps the Gem of True Seeing away from the Gnome's hands. "That is precisely what I hope the others learn, my diminutive lady. Our situation is utterly devoid of hope and no happy endings will come to us - any of us."
    *Voice: That one will need to die soon. He is in our way, he thinks to keep the gem from you when it is needed to pass forward and press onwards towards victory and ruling. Perhaps he should investigate the red corridor... let him perish alone.*

Elf, your cynicism does the group no good here. *building up courage against the fear filling her every thought* The fates may have chosen your deaths but Tiaxina will fight tooth and nail against them. You may sit here and cry over milk soon to be spilt, but she shall take that gem from you and carry this party forward, to victory.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    I cant actually believe what I´m going to say but... I agree with Tiaxina. We cant just leave this den of evil standing. We need to proceed and destroy it, no matter the cost. Otherwise its corruption will continue to grow stronger.
    "Fine words, but pointless nonetheless." Certain that nobody will seize the gem from him for the time being, Xan relaxes a bit and steels himslef for whatever is asked of him next.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Ooc away again. I should be back in one hour. Btw if Tiaxina is looking too nuch at the red light I'll ask what she thinks is so interesting in it.
    DM Comment: Go to the Light... Go to the Light... No, not really. ;)
    edited August 2012
    Has mighty minsc not sought out the source of the red light yet? Maybe Alora should, leave no stone unturned *mutters* even if it leads to 2 spears impaling your gut.

Xan, look deep into yourself, confront your fear, ignore the mangled body decaying next to you. Use your stone now, find us a way. If there is nothing in the pit, run to the room down the hallway, there must be a path here.
    OOC: ACK! I thought ALORA was going into the pit. Oh, the depths of despair!!!!

IC: "Why, oh why, did I allow you to submit me to this cruelty? It all seems so unnecessary. How shall I survive? What shall I do?" His wails were grating the other members of the party, which was no comfort to him, for doom crushed the mirth from everything.

@LadyRhian - do elf senses see anything in the pit before I use a charge?
    Tiaxina would suggest that the sphere room could possibly hold more secrets for us, as it is large and full of strange and wonderful things. The next area to check would be down the stairwells where kivan is waiting for us.
    Tiaxina would be a fool to go back to the Sphere room, unless you like more spears shoved in your gut *grabs javelin and points at Tiaxina*
    We go down, the lich wanted us to go down, kill his false self and leave. We are on the right track, the only other way is death.
    Tiaxina would suggest that the sphere room could possibly hold more secrets for us, as it is large and full of strange and wonderful things. The next area to check would be down the stairwells where kivan is waiting for us.
    Xan if you lack the courage to move forward, the gem will not stay in your possession for long. Sarevok are you afraid of a little cut here and there. Tiaxina was under the delusion that Bhaalspawn were made of something a little tougher than jelly. It would seem she was mistaken...
    @Reedmilfam No. Kivan looked also (actually, pretty much the entire party looked with no result.)
    Hurry Xan, use a charge, find it. Either in the pit or in the liches room. Fail me and I'll come down, succeed and I'll come down, but in a better mood.
    Only the prospect of getting help made Xan willing to deplete the valuable item. "Not that it will help," he grumbled, before activating the gem and examining what it revealed. "There is nothing here," he began. "Just the stairs. And a passage." Hopefully, they wouldn't notice that the passage had not appeared before, for he didn't want to anger the evil, hulking one.

Then, again, magic and Moonblade would solve that particular problem, albeit in a messy way. Until the doom that awaited all of them came, which was completely unavoidable.
    OOC: Which pit are you even looking in, we never stated we were leaving the gargoyle room, which is part of the sphere room.
    OOC - the pit that has Kivan's necro-passion buddy
    OOC: That pit led us to the fake lich, the secret passage was already found in it... it also means we travelled a long way only to need to travel a long way back to check the sphere room.
    OOC: we wait for the DM. But for now, I ready myself to be lowered down either way. I also head towards a train, spotty internet for the next 45min. Try and not get me killed... or do
    OOC: this website is acting a bit hinky for me. No idea why. I got a debug message popping up at the bottom of the page, and loading is now ACHINGLY SLOW. Is anyone else having these problems, or is it just me?

DM: I thought someone said you should go back and check the third pit, that's why I put Xan there. Sorry.