Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    OOC: @LadyRhian no worries, now we are here I suggest we use the now all seeing Xan to check near the staircases, which featured in Tiaxina's terrible dreams.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    OOC: Yes, my constant need to dominate Tiaxina led Xan into that pit to scry it and the hallway and room. I refuse to believe it was a dead end, we were on the right path.
    @LadyRhian I am suffering from stupid forum overuse and super slow loading times... tis laaaaaame.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @IchogoRXC and half the time I get the green blob thingy and the page saying the forum is over bandwidth.
    Ooc: meanie. Well at least the mobile site is working fine. Wondering if we're pushing the thread size in this one.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    OOC: *nods* I'm a little worried about bandwith and downloading the release, actually. Anyway - I'm not sure what the party is doing. at this point...

IC: "It appears that our doom has been concealed," Xan piped up. "A passage, obscured by magic, that leads to utter dismay." His normal optimism was fading at this point, probably owing to the bloody remains of Xzara and the lack of any company in the miserable pit.
    OOC: It's possible. And that picture also works for Irenicus, too. Sarevok and Irenicus may have high CHA stats (Not sure on Irenicus), but their Comeliness is kinda low.
    OOC: Xan sees magic on the door that must be dispelled to open it.
    *Tiaxina casts dispel at the magic door*
    Okay, and the door opens... DUM DUM DUMMMM... Beyond, you see 30' of corridor heading east, before it makes an abrupt 90 degree turn to the south.
    edited August 2012
    *I lower down the group, and have Ajantis and Keldorn help me down*
    Our doom lies before us. Xan, you have done well, it is time for you to lead us on further. The path is written clear ahead. Go forth and complete your destiny.

OOC: and I assume at this point everyone is done for the day... I think we should gather our party before venturing forth.
    Indeed. Who else is here right now besides IchigoRXC, Evinfuilt, Reedmilfam and myself?
    I am off to bed. 1.35 again and Tiaxina needs her beauty sleep.
    Okay. I won't be on until very late (Here) tomorrow, because I have Doctor's appointments. Sorry.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    I'm here. :)
    :D A little late, methinks. ;) "Methinks a mortal doth approach!" (Not BG related quote, sorry!)
    Despondent, Xan moves to the side of the passage and allows those with mundane (and wholly uninteresting) skills precede him. Rogue tricks could be learned by anybody, of course, but the teachings of sages were limited to a select few. Perhaps that selection accounted for Xan's ability to scry the future and see the utter bleakness ahead, while the Tomfoolery of the halfling rogue was all sunshine and roses (not the carniverous kind). "Trap seekers, come forth and delay our demise," he said aloud. "If only for a short time," he could not help but add, as he didn't want to come across as too cheery.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    I'm grateful I didn't get hit with another lightning bolt while I was gone. I had syllabi to write. I should have checked the forums before I got to work. Sorry about that. Tomorrow/Tuesday I have class in the afternoon but should be home by 6pm central. Feel free to have Imoen help find traps. She would very much prefer not to die, if possible. Hanging with Alora and Minsc is way too much fun. She's got the slippers of spider climb. She gives Xan a scroll of burning hands and a couple others I'll list after I go find the original post. @LadyRhian I'm getting hellaciously slow load times and bandwidth issue messages as well, so it's not just you.
    @reedmilfam Okay, Xan, your magical inheritance from the late Xzara is as follows: a Scroll of Disintegrate, Dispel Magic, Levitate, and Burning Hands.

OOC Can non-casters use wands?
    @Jhart1018 Depends on the wand. There are some that thieves can use. Of the ones currently in the party, the wand of Magic Detection can be used by anyone. Aerie took hers with her when she died.
    Cool. Then Imoen shall hang on to it for now. She bequeaths it to Alora if permanently bad things happen to her.
    @Jhart1018 If she can, in other words. ;)
    @LadyRhian Precisely. :)
    Okay. I'll do some pre-emptive rolling as well... You find no traps in/on the corridor. To the south, when you peek around the corner, you see it heads south 50' and dead-ends at a door. There are no traps that you find in/on this corridor, either. Nor on the door. The door is locked, but not trapped, as far as you can tell.
    "That," Xan said, pointing to the portal, "might very well be the last door we ever pass. Our epitaph shall remain unheeded, for we are surely to be unheralded and equally unremembered. And what, do you wonder, was the point of all this?" When nobody rose to answer his brilliantly worded (and quite leading) question, he all but shouted, "Nothing. There is no point - that is, you will find, the eternal cosmic joke, and we're smack in the middle of it. I hope you're happy," meaning that he hoped they weren't, for there would be no point in it, whatsoever.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2012
    Someone needs a tickle! Come on everyone let's all tickle Xan! Tickle, tickle, tickle.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Evinfuilt said:

I have brought much discourse here, I fear there are those that don't trust me, all for a few murders I committed a lifetime ago. I know now, I must work with all of you to protect Imoen. Here Alora, this should build some trust.

*hands Alora my potion of flight*

Alora is so surprised by Sarevok's gift that at first she forgets to say thank you. Alora has never been able to fly before. This is the best gift ever! She runs up to Sarevok and gives him a hug. Then she runs away again, suddenly feeling shy.

Sarevok is now Alora's second best friend (after Imoen) and is no longer on her list.

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

Someone needs a tickle! Come on everyone let's all tickle Xan! Tickle, tickle, tickle.

I can't wait for the moment where you try and tickle Korgan.
    *Tiaxina nightmares worsen the deeper the party goes. This night she views Tiax, her former self working in some sort of laboratory, pulling people apart, dissecting them, laughing maniacally while removing organs from the 'donors'. Her heart is racing but she calmly follows his movements until she sees Tiax's reflection in the mirror and it is not one of the evil gnome, but of undeath, a tall lich emanating such evil, such power she begins to cry*

*Tiaxina awakens from her slumber once again with tears shooting forth. She feels her face, her arms, her legs to make sure she is whole, to make sure she is still alive. Tiaxina feels alone, the party still does not seem to trust her. She has guided them well since her transformation, but maybe that is the problem. Such a transformation is unnatural, maybe Tiax was right, maybe her 'friends' cannot be trusted and wish nothing more than to see her gone.*

*She steels her will.*

Do not think such things Tiaxina, these are your friends, your companions. Alora is merely cautious and you in time shall grow on her. The Paladins protect all and you are under their care. You have nothing to worry about.

*Tiaxina prays to Helm, asking protection and guidance and decides to focus on some healing magic, remembering poor Edwin*

OOC: Tiaxina is going to have a few slow poison spells now instead of aid and spiritual hammer