Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2012
    I go over and examine the workbenches. The workbenches don't have weird gray stuff on them.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Don't touch any of the vats... you do not know what is in them. Tiaxina merely fears for your safety friends.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Smell nasty? Not especially. You detect the odor of long dried spices, you think.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    There is bound to be something nasty in the vats of murky liquid. Any volunteers to give them a stir with the 10ft pole?
    Could be funny to toss a piece of gray stuff into the vats, but it could also produce something that tries to kill us all, so I'll restrain my urges.
    If I can reach I will wipe the dust off the bottles and jars to try to see a label or what is inside.
    You think you see something... golden, at the bottom of the second vat. The first liquid is a brownish hue and about 3' deep. The second is green-gold, and the third is gray and almost opaque.
    Is Xan here? Does he have any ideas about what this stuff is?
    No labels, but you see dried brownish stuff that looks like dead grass or flowers...
    I hate it when bad guys don't leave a paper trail. It's so much easier when they write everything down.
    I'm thinking workshop. Maybe for making golems?
    How about the grey stuff on the weird tables. Do the tables look like molds for making golems or something like that?
    OOC I'm starting to think Imoen is listening to my thoughts.
    I don't think his player is here. But Xan cocks an eyebrow in a superior fashion. "It looks like a room where they do embalmings," he says. "That gray powder on the tables is natron, I think." He sighs. "What does it matter what this room was used for? Our quest is vain and futile anyway."
    We think alike because we're awesome. ;)
    Alora just used her iPhone to Google natron and discovered it is used for making mummies.
    Imoen giggles. "Great, a spa for the undead."
    How about we have a look at the natron first. We could stand back and stir it with the 10ft pole to see if there is anything unpleasant hiding underneath it.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    I think someone has pole envy....
    I look around nervously. Are there sarcophagi anywhere in the room?
    DM: Yes, natron was used by the Egyptians to dry out the bodies of their mummies so that they wouldn't rot. It's a kind of salt.
    The natron doesn't bother me much. The idea of what the natron may have been used to create, uh, does.
    No, no sarcophagi. Nothing that even looks like a body, alive or dead.
    Alora looks pleased she was right (even though she cheated to find the answer)
    Okay. Alora is giving the dust a stir, but holding her hankie over her mouth so she doesn't get an asthma attack.
    jhart1018 said:

The natron doesn't bother me much. The idea of what the natron may have been used to create, uh, does.

Sarevok could kill a mummy. He's ever so brave.

I wonder what those liquids are. I'm not planning on jumping in or anything, but I do wonder.
    jhart1018 said:

I wonder what those liquids are. I'm not planning on jumping in or anything, but I do wonder.

Embalming fluid?

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    *Tiaxina facepalms, she knows of Sarevok and knows of his wrongdoings, how could Alora be so naive*
    Tiaxina suggests you tip over the vats, while preparing for battle, who knows what monsters could come from this place
    That would be my guess for the green gold one. The murky brown one and the murky grey one, I don't know, and I'm not sure I want to know. Maybe Sarevok would let us borrow the pole to try to fish the gold thing out of the green gold vat?