Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited August 2012
    Nothing is in the natron. As for the liquids, you can't tell what they are or what they were for? Washing the mummy? Giant vats of beer for parties? You simply have no clue.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    If Alora doesn't find anything under the natron she is going to give the vats of liquid a stir (unless someone with more sense has a better idea)
    The vats would probably be much too heavy to lift, given how full they are and their contents.
    Alora is very dextrous. She will use the pole to try to fish out the gold thing in vat number 2.
    As soon as you stick the pole into the liquid, it begins to sizzle and the liquid to bubble. When you pull out the pole to check on it, the polish on the pole is gone, and the wood is starting to be eaten away. Whatever is in this vat, it's acidic.
    Alora will put the pole into vat 3 to see if it neutralises the acid.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Oh, ew! Acid bad. Also, even if we could spill that, we probably don't want to, since it'd dissolve the floor.
    Imoen will start looking for other doors out of this weird room.
    We could use the clay pots to get the acid out. Not sure where we would put it though. Shall I continue using the wooden pole to try to get the gold thing?
    While Imoen looks for secret doors I'm going to keep attempting to get the gold thing out of the acid bath.
    If my fishing with a 10ft pole isn't working, are there enough empty clay pots that I could start filling them with acid to empty the vat ... at least so we can see what is at the bottom.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Tiaxina believes we should smash the vats, perhaps she should launch a bullet from her sling. Her mighty strength should manage it... what do you think companions?

That will cover the floor with acid and we won't be able to walk on it.
    When Imoen tries to dip the pole into the third vat, she realizes that this liquid is kind of... not so liquid-y. In fact, it's a creature. A gigantic gray pseudopod smacks her across the face., burning her skin. Imoen takes 14 points of damage.
    I think it was me that got slapped. Imoen is looking for traps.
    We could, but without knowing what it is and how it reacts together, we could poison ourselves on fumes.
    Alora runs away from the grey monster in the vat.
    I'm hurt! I want a paladin to heal me!
    edited August 2012
    Xan, spell up. Paladins defend the girls, Sarevok Minsc tear this thing to pieces. Alora come here child, let Tiaxina care for you.
    The thing... oozes out of the vat after you. It's gray ooze, but this must be the great-granddaddy of all gray oozes everywhere. The Ur-Gray ooze. It's so huge, your mind just sort of goes blank. It's about 15' around.
    Imoen gives Tiaxina a grin. "I'm okay, thanks. Alora could use a little help, though." She then pulls and readies her bow in case the beastie wants to exit its tank and play.
    Should we try to kill the grey glup monster. I think it might be a really big grey ooze.
    It does, it does want to play! Imoen shoots at it with her short bow and arrows. OOC, I'm imagining she's against the wall somewhere since she was looking for alternate exits.
    You can hit gray ooze with weapons. Alora runs out of range of its pseudopod and then starts showering it with sling bullets.

OOC: Sorry I meant Alora, just as Rhian probably did as well. Rhian said Imoen took the damage so I said Imoen too :)
    Time for our brave boys to charge in and start whacking it.
    Minsc don't worry about going for the eyes, just hit it!
    *Tiaxina casts cure light wounds on Alora*
    Thank you Tiaxiana. You are off my list. Now whack the pudding!
    OOC "Whack the pudding!" may be my favorite phrase of the day.